The Bootlicker

Started by LouiLoomis, May 17, 2004, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

pure, gorgeous, unfiltered yummy goodness,
the whole thing is kevin's testament, his ouvr

Cloud

I enjoy it. Not my favourite Melvins album because it's a side of them I'm not used to. Maybe if they released another record in this vein it would be easier to compare. I agree that it is Kevin's album. The bass on Let It All Be kills
Just like your mum does.

Random fact  # 16: All the Misfits best songs start with the letter H.

the bloat

Wait'll you here the Maggot!!!! You're in a for a treat!

Uncle Fester

when i saw the melvins with jello...... the melvins did a short set before jello came out.. fuck... they played pigs of the roman empire first...followed by the bloated pope then went into let it all be... David Scott Stone was filling in for them on this tour i guess.... he was using very nice effects on the set. he made let it all be sound like it was his own.
they also played AMAZON and Hooch. possibly another song i cant recall.

Dale works the drums in bootlicker too...gowd... he's an inspiration.

stonerwitch

You sink a my swan

CaptainPungent

Quote from: the bloat on December 27, 2005, 09:56:13 PM
Wait'll you here the Maggot!!!! You're in a for a treat!
i'm with you, i believe that the maggot is a better album, maybe because it's less "chilled out", and i like that. (...i hate pink floyd)
maggot>bootlicker>crybaby
still, bootlicker is a great album.
oh and by the way, do you guys know if they play the second part to 'let it all be' (not the creepy buzz whispering/noise stuff) live anymore?
when i last saw them live, they only played the beginning which is terrible because the ending is so terrific and haunting.
and all the recordings i've heard live of this song only feature the first half.

Anonymous

The Bootlicker has some of the best stuff Melvins have ever done on it.

I agree with Maggot>Bootlicker, though...

It's still a great fucking album.

glen

Quote from: Uncle Fester on December 27, 2005, 10:22:14 PM
they also played AMAZON and Hooch. possibly another song i cant recall.

Dale works the drums in bootlicker too...gowd... he's an inspiration.

nightgoat.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

meanclown

to me, 'bootlicker' is one of those great  "late-night" albums.....unexpected, even by Melvins standards....a companion to compliment the twilight zone silence during the wee small hours between darkness & dawn...timeless....listen thru headphones for added enjoyment...

Uncle Fester

Prig sounds like Mother by Pink FLoyd...
i always expect buzz to sing ".... mother are they gonna break... my balls."

klump

Its one of their albums where they really flaunt their songcrafting, and since its not a noisy album per say, you can really hear everything.

a gem.

rhett E rock

this album reminds me of all the calm songs/parts of Stag.

Ministry Fiend

The Bootlicker is FUCKING GENIUS! One of the BEST Melvins records for sure.......The Maggot is FUCKING DEVASTATING! Crybaby was the weakest....which is saying something considering tracks like "Divorce" and "Mine Is No Disgrace". The tracks with Hank Williams the 3rd were fucking cool as well! I've got the trilogy on vinyl and these are hands down my most prized Melvins items....the picture vinyl are fucking beautiful and bold, even if they did leave out half the songs on the Crybaby!

TGH

I played the Bootlicker for a friend of mine (whose only heard the early years Melvins). She told me it was "fucking music". Looks like I have a mission now.  :lol:
This isn't a time for lectures!