Bullhead:  :D :D :D :D :D
Lysol:  :D :D :D :D :D
Houdini:  :) :) :)
Prick:   :? :? :?
Stoner Witch:  :) :) :) :)
Stag:   :wink: :wink: :wink: :D
Honky:  :wink: :wink:  :shock:
The Maggot:   :D :D :D :D :D
The Bootlicker:    :D :D :D :D :D (it REALLY grew on me)
The Crybaby:  8) 8) 8)
Electroretard:  :wink: :wink: :wink:
Hostile Ambient Takeover:  :D :D :D :D :D
Pigs of the Roman Empire:   :D :D :D :D
Never Breathe What You Can't See:   :) :) :)
Sieg Howdy!:   :) :) :) (Voted Off The Island and Halo of Flies!)
(A) Senile Animal:   :D :D :D :D :D
Nude With Boots:  :D :D :D
The Bride Screamed Murder:   :? :?
Freak Puke:  :) :) :) :) (Took a bit of time to grow on me...)
Everybody Loves Sausages:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tres Cabrones:  :D :D :D :D :D
Hold It In:  :) :) :)
Three Men and a Baby:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Basses Loaded:  :) :) :) :)
A Walk With Love and Death:  :) :) :)
Pinkus Abortion Technician:  :D :D :D :D :D

EP Releases:
Eggnog:  :D :D :D :D :D
King Buzzo:   :) :) :)
Dale Crover:  :D :D :D :D :D
Joe Preston:   :| :|
Echohead (Bootleg EP):   :| :|
The Bulls and The Bees:  :D :D :D :D :D
From The Nursery EP:  :) :) :) :) :)
Making Love Demos:  :P :P :P  :)
1983:  :D :D :D :D :D
Steven Mcdonald: :?

Live Goodies:
Your Choice Live Series:  :wink: :wink: :wink:
Salad of a Thousand Delights:  :D :D :D :D :D
Tora Tora Tora:  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alive at the Fucker Club:  :D :D :D :D :D
Colossus of Destiny:  :wink: :wink: :wink:
Millennium Monsterwork:  :bs:
Live At Slim's  :D :D :D :D
The End:  :P :P :P :P
A Live History of Gluttony and Lust:  :) :) :) :)
Boris The Pervert Bootleg  :x
Endless Residency:  :) :) :) :)
Sugar Daddy:  :) :) :)
Fantomas/Melvins DVD:   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Melvins vs. Minneapolis: You're kidding, right?
Pick Your Battles  :) :) :) :)
Across The USA in 51 Days:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Colossus of Destiny:  :D :D :D :D :D

Misc. Releases
Leech (Bootleg compilation):   :| :|
Singles 1-12:   :? :? (Theresa gets a  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:)
Vs. Isis:   :bs:
The 13-CD Boxset:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chicken Switch:  :shock: :shock:
Pick Your Battles Outtakes  :D :D :D :D
Hiro Noodles Remix  :D :D :D :D
Mangled Demos from 1983:   :D :D :D :D :D
26 Songs:    :D :D :D :D :lol: (It grew on me)

FartLips

hey we already have a captain!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Schnabster

Quote from: FART LIPS on August 01, 2007, 09:32:18 PM

If you don`t straighten up Farty, you will end up like a schoolbully. Now, back to your homework, son!

GrimReaper

The new Captain only likes Lysol, Salad and (A)SA.

I agree with him on the Monsterworks cd.

Captain CoryCory

Then again, EVERYONE here seems to give Lysol a 5 outta 5. It's just that damn good.

What can I say, I like just about everything this band that I've heard. I know I got a LOT to find, though (Hence all the question mark smileys.).

FartLips

Quote from: Schnabster on August 02, 2007, 02:38:36 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 01, 2007, 09:32:18 PM

If you don`t straighten up Farty, you will end up like a schoolbully. Now, back to your homework, son!
thats funny, you telling me to straighten up.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Salty Green

only bothered with the fifteen i find myself listening to the most

Bullhead: ****1/2
Eggnog: ****
King Buzzo: ****
Dale Crover: ****1/2
Joe Preston: ***1/2
Lysol: *****
Houdini: ***1/2
Honky: ****1/2
The Maggot: ****1/2
The Bootlicker: ****
The Crybaby: ***
Electroretard: ****
Hostile Ambient Takeover: ****
Pigs of the Roman Empire: ****
(A) Senile Animal:  ****1/2

no surprises except for the King Buzzo EP. I like that record a lot and it's hands down gotten the worst ratings from everyone else. showin' no love for The King.

norecess

Quote from: Salty Green on August 04, 2007, 07:49:48 PM
no surprises except for the King Buzzo EP. I like that record a lot and it's hands down gotten the worst ratings from everyone else. showin' no love for The King.

But, but, you didn't even rate CoD!

Salty Green

Quote from: norecess on August 05, 2007, 05:46:02 AM
Quote from: Salty Green on August 04, 2007, 07:49:48 PM

But, but, you didn't even rate CoD!

i almost never find myself listening to it, but:

Colossus of Destiny: ***

Justafilthylurker

Gluey Porch Treatments: FOUR STARS {Riff then riff then another riff. So cool, but I think Ozma is pretty much the same kind of thing but better.}
Ozma:  FIVE STARS {This is the best of Melvins's slow-motion-math-rock-with-the-occasional-dirge years and it has really interesting production that makes everything kind of machine like, which I find nice.}
King Buzzo FOUR STARS {Really hypnotic in places with the drumming and weird pinball samples and Annum is beautifully bitter-sweet. The music behind Dave Grohl's story really complements it well}
Houdini: FOUR STARS{I'm taking a point off for Set Me Straight and Copache, the latter being the duller of the two.  Spread Eagle Beagle is dullness done right, being really fun to listen to in the dark. It's pretty genius to make an ambient song entirely out of beats}
Stoner Witch FOUR STARS {Metal songs and ambient songs and a neat noise thing at the start of Magic Pig Detective. The riffs don't compel me as much as some of their other ones, but their still good.}
Stag FIVE STARS {Such a great mix of different things done really well and sequenced brilliantly.  Even the two short ambient tracks near the start work perfectly in the context of the album and everything else is fabulous. Even Soup. ESPECIALLY Soup.}
Honky FIVE STARS {Everything I like about Stag but for less money.}
The Maggot FIVE STARS {Their most conventional metal album still has a pleasing mix of different things with FAST METAL (amazon and the other fast songs) and SLOW METAL (manky and the fool, the meddling idiot) and EPIC METAL (the Jethro Tull cover). }
The Bootlicker FOUR STARS {Everything about this is fine except that the riffs get a little samey. The two big multi-part songs are, like, totally radical.}
Hostile Ambient Takeover FIVE STARS {Noise rock as heavy metal is really, really good}
Pigs of the Roman Empire FIVE STARS {I'm giving this a five based purely on bootlegs of the title track. It's that good. }
Noudini: A Live History of Gluttony and Lust: Houdini Live 2005 FOUR STARS {Buzzo loses a point for fucking up Honey Bucket but everything else is as good if not better than the other version.}
A Senile Animal FIVE STARS {The production is slightly dry, but Merzbow has immunized me against irritating sounds. The vocal harmonies and dual drums make things pretty bombastic in the best way possible.}

norecess

Quality post from a lurker. I like the small descriptions. Oh, just want to point out The Green Manalishi is not a Jethro Tull cover.Having mentioned that, I think you already know what band they did cover.

Idlehanz

no shit......What a lurker knows.  I haven't the energy to put that effort into this thread except for this post.    Well done lurky cheesestink.

dijk cheese

ive ommitted the ones i havnt heard

10 Songs / 26 Songs:  *****
Gluey Porch Treatments: ***** (this album relesaes chemicals in my brain)
Ozma: ****.5
Bullhead: ****.5 (best melvins album, but cant stand it's shoved, ruins the flow and vibe of the album for me, ***** if it was left on the floor. anaconda is perfect as a song written if there ever was one)
Eggnog: ***** (ooh yeah)
Lysol: ***** (cant find the words)
Houdini: ****
Stoner Witch: ***  (this album depends on my mood, i never hate it but sometimes i just can't listen too it. Sayin that a few tracks are special))
Stag: ***** (for its diversity alone, i dont listen to this album enough)
Honky: still havnt heard this, cant find it, tears me apart
The Maggot: ***.5 (havnt heard this since i left it in oz over a year ago though)
The Bootlicker: **** (a rare album of mine i can play in front of girls (not bein sexist) or am i?.... no, im not)
The Crybaby: **.5 (should give an extra * for idea and effort)
Colossus of Destiny: ***.5 (this scared the shit out of an ex when i first bought and played it, i like the idea but i enjoy heavier noise)
Electroretard: cant find this one either
Millennium Monsterwork: only heard this a couple of times before this crazy bitch threw a brick through our front window, said brick happened to land and smash  this and fantomas first album
Hostile Ambient Takeover: ***** (man i love every drop of this album, i struggle to get past little judas chongo and the fool the meddling idiot ( i even really enjoy writing and reading ....the fool, the meddling idiot) without hittin rewind time after time)
Pigs of the Roman Empire: ***.5 (i dig this album until  potre track finishes, not big on the rest)
Never Breathe What You Can't See: **** (also in oz on vinyl, love that locusts track, one of my faves, for a stage i disliked this album, then late one night i was pissed, cranked it up...loved it since. but kind of a casual fuck type of love, fun every now and then when lonely or drunk)
A Live History of Gluttony and Lust: *** (i dig the adjustments but buzzo's vocals dont sit well with me on this release)
(A) Senile Animal: * (love big business, hate this album. in fact the only thing i do like about it is the title)
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

dijk cheese

Quote from: dijk cheese on August 30, 2007, 03:06:48 PM

Colossus of Destiny: ***.5 (this scared the shit out of an ex when i first bought and played it, i like the idea but i enjoy heavier noise)

just read through your COD thread, id forgotten bout the outtro of eyeflys
Colossus of Destiny *****
ive realised i left this gem back in oz as well
the track 2 thing was inserted as a cheat to able to manually rewind about 8 mins me thinks...
always found this version of eyeflys emotionally gripping,
like their bareing their souls
playing and singing for their lives

anyone else get those tingles?

and i meant i like the idea of the album, not scaring the shit out of an ex...
even though im sure i propably experienced some sadistic pleasure at the time

anyway
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

Billy Fish

I dont even really like the melvins, I mostly use their cds as beermats and to have under wobbly tables.