Melvins Ready First-Ever Acoustic Album ‘Five Legged Dog’

Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

CoryCory

))))((((

Never in doubt!!! I think this record is gonna be absolutely fantastic! You guys remember when they played Pitfalls with Melvins Lite? That was really cool too.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 17, 2021, 10:02:49 AM
Never in doubt!!! I think this record is gonna be absolutely fantastic! You guys remember when they played Pitfalls with Melvins Lite? That was really cool too.

https://youtu.be/KkhaG4Y92kw

))))((((

Yeah that was it, from a little tour they did with Trevor before Melvins Lite was a proper thing. Or at least before they had done 'Freak Puke' anyway. I love Buzzo's raspy vocals in that clip.

Something is telling me this is gonna be one of the best Melvins albums in years. Be honest some of their latest releases have been hit and miss.

It's pre-ordered. Highly anticipated.

acid policy

))))((((

Quote from: 119 on August 18, 2021, 05:16:15 PM
Something is telling me this is gonna be one of the best Melvins albums in years.
Well, outside of the new cover songs, we already know the material. We pretty much know what to expect and that none of those songs suck. So it's natural that this release will be welcomed with open arms.

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 19, 2021, 02:30:17 PM
Something is telling me this is gonna be one of the best Melvins albums in years.
Well, outside of the new cover songs, we already know the material. We pretty much know what to expect and that none of those songs suck. So it's natural that this release will be welcomed with open arms.

Yes and no. Familiar songs but going to acoustic could make you feel differently. But I have high hopes.

))))((((

Quote from: 119 on August 22, 2021, 06:19:39 PM
Familiar songs but going to acoustic could make you feel differently.
True i suppose in same ways. But at least for myself, i know that if the songs are still the songs, then i know i will love them. Just as long as Buzz doesn't shoehorn in a ridiculous reggae part of something. But as we have seen - all the Melvins songs Buzz or the band have performed acoustically to this point have all turned out fantastic! Hearing the Night Goat one even got me totally back into that song! Although unfortunately i am sure there will be at least one discerning voice here who probably won't like how they turned out regardless.

(the) Razor

Something is telling me this is gonna be one of the best Melvins albums in years. Be honest some of their latest releases have been hit and miss.

It's pre-ordered. Highly anticipated.

Feel the same way, and yes - more misses than hits.
Don't click this

el gep

Quote from: black stallion on August 08, 2021, 02:37:14 AM
really? i'm totally into sad introspective songs but i can't see Melvins doing that with Steven. btw, there's a song on Honky sang by Mark D that can be considered a bit sad, it's amazing but can remember the title now
"Harry Lauder's Walking Stick Tree"?
Is it really sung by Mark D?!?
Love that tune. Sounds like a sad Down syndrome singing.

black stallion

Quote from: el gep on August 30, 2021, 01:02:58 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 08, 2021, 02:37:14 AM
really? i'm totally into sad introspective songs but i can't see Melvins doing that with Steven. btw, there's a song on Honky sang by Mark D that can be considered a bit sad, it's amazing but can remember the title now
"Harry Lauder's Walking Stick Tree"?
Is it really sung by Mark D?!?
Love that tune. Sounds like a sad Down syndrome singing.

yeah, i always thought it was Mark singing but i might be wrong

Tarma

this record is going to kick entire villages of ass

just wish they'd redo a history of bad men though

))))((((

I can't stop listening to both the preview tracks!! I always felt a bit burned out on 'Night Goat' too but not any more! Anyway is anyone else here in the least bit bothered (or interested) by the fact that all the songs on the record have the '(Acoustic)' bit added to the titles? All the songs on the bandcamp page are written like that. Surely that seems a bit overkill. We all know it is an all acoustic record, is there any real need to emphasize that with each song title? I'll be interested to see if they are written that way on the actual release.