Melvins Ready First-Ever Acoustic Album ‘Five Legged Dog’

Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el gep

This is finally very good news!
After the real cool "Working With God" album, this will make my year (or two)!
And help me forget a bit how much music is suffering from this whole big shittty fuckery called Covid.
Thanks Melvins! Again!

))))((((

I wonder if it was always planned to have an album out this year with "God" and another with "Dog" in the title? Also i wonder if Co-vid hadn't occurred, would this new epic acoustic record even exist??

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 24, 2021, 09:54:24 AM
Also i wonder if Co-vid hadn't occurred, would this new epic acoustic record even exist??

Probably not, with the absence of touring I think this album serves as a bit of an "easy listening best of" to try and get some new fans in who might not be familiar with the band. If that was the intention it's a good idea.

el gep

Are you sure the goal of The Melvins was ever "having new fans"?!? Ever?  :)

Bigval

Quote from: el gep on July 25, 2021, 02:59:35 AM
Are you sure the goal of The Melvins was ever "having new fans"?!? Ever?  :)

Yeah absolutely otherwise they never would've signed with a major label.

Every band wants more fans they just want them on their own terms.

el gep

))))((((

Just noticed 'Lovely Butterfly' is written as 'Lovely Butterflies' on this one. Again, title inconsistences (intended or not) like that drive me mad!

el gep

Because it's a cover from Electroretard and not Honky, eheheh!

))))((((

Quote from: el gep on July 25, 2021, 09:02:59 AM
Because it's a cover from Electroretard and not Honky, eheheh!
Ah, you are right. I've never noticed that it was different before on Electroretard. That's going to bug me now too!! Ha.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 24, 2021, 09:54:24 AM
I wonder if it was always planned to have an album out this year with "God" and another with "Dog" in the title?

Planned? No. Predestined? Yes.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

))))((((

I found the track times of the album here below. Something odd going on with 'At The Stake' being a mere 1:40 long!!! That's quite a disappointment since it was one of the songs i was most looking forward to. I guess it's just a hint of it or it's been recorded considerably sped up! Anyway i do wonder how many fans will attempt to listen to this 2.5 hour beast in one sitting!

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lO0u-GfRwwd3awG3-6yJpD7LyNvui9_dA

3:31    Edgar The Elephant
2:13    Up The Dumper
12:34  Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird
2:38    Hooch
4:09    Billy Fish
5:14    Shevil
2:08    Charlie
4:57    A Growing Disgust
8:18    Eye Flys / Woman
2:49    Pitfalls In Serving Warrants
2:12    Outside Chance
4:35    Evil New War God
3:53    The Bloated Pope
3:28    Bad Move
2:45    With Teeth
8:23    Halo Of Flies
1:55    Oven
3:10    Sway
2:50    Anaconda
2:59    Lovely Butterflies
6:57    Boris
2:41    It's Shoved
2:55    Honey Bucket
6:49    We Are Doomed
2:28    Fly Paper
2:12    Let God Be Your Gardener
1:40    At the Stake
6:06    Night Goat
2:43    Queen
2:46    Everybody's Talking
3:52    Revolve
2:55    Suicide In Progress
1:51    Prig
5:16    The Bit
6:44    Civilized Worm
7:33    Don't Forget To Breathe

amazonAMAZON

The original At The Stake sounds considerably slowed down, so I bet they could do a breakneck punk version.

CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 25, 2021, 07:50:36 PM
I found the track times of the album here below. Something odd going on with 'At The Stake' being a mere 1:40 long!!! That's quite a disappointment since it was one of the songs i was most looking forward to. I guess it's just a hint of it or it's been recorded considerably sped up! Anyway i do wonder how many fans will attempt to listen to this 2.5 hour beast in one sitting!

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lO0u-GfRwwd3awG3-6yJpD7LyNvui9_dA

148:49. Longest Melvins album by a wide margin. Fucking hell.

Also gonna throw a few songs into the hat that would have made banging acoustic renditions.
Matt-Alec (Mangled Demos)
If I Had an Exorcism (Bullhead)
Cow (Bullhead)
Hag Me (Houdini)
Bar-X The Rocking M (Stag)
Manky (Maggot)
The Green Manalishi (Maggot)
The Fool, The Meddling Idiot (HAT)
Mr. Rip Off (Freak Puke)
Onions Make The Milk Go Bad (Hold It In)
The Decay of Lying (Basses Loaded)

))))((((

Quote from: CoryCory on July 26, 2021, 12:17:39 PM
Also gonna throw a few songs into the hat that would have made banging acoustic renditions.
Im hoping for a part 2 further down the line, encompassing more Melvins tunes. They have so many that would be great to hear given the acoustic treatment.

))))((((

Here's a thought - do you think ALL the tracks will feature on the vinyl release? I remember 'Hold It In' (and i think another album) left a song or two off so it could fit on the format.