Houdini

Started by cooter, October 12, 2003, 02:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooter

What do you all think of the second half of this album? Sounds like Buzz just ran out of material. (Writers block maybe?)

mantra

I see what your saying.  I love the whole album.  Though the second half isnt as good as the first.

blacksanta

I think Joan of Arc and Teet are two of the best songs on the album.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Beto Brasil

I love copache, all songs from this album is excellent!
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Leroy

I think that the album is good for the most part, except the last track with only the drums, i think spread eagle beagle is the name.

adolescent child

I like the lkast song light psychopathic

cooter

From Melvins Land:

Melvins lyrics, as King Buzzo once put it, suggest meaning!
Some references that have been documented include:

HONEY BUCKET - it's about the toilets at the Reading Festival in England, which they played in 1992 (along with NIRVANA)

LIZZY - it's a tribute to BEWITCHED star Elizabeth Montgomery ("For some reason, whenever I watched that show, I always thought she was a lesbian. I wanted to call the song "Lezzie"." - King Buzzo)

HAG ME - "we wrote it in tribute to our favourite roadie, Gary MacKenzie. He's from Scotland, and you know that Hadrian's Wall? They built it to keep people like Gary out. He eats haggis raw, with the intestines still warm." - King Buzzo

SPREAD EAGLE BEAGLE - "I'd describe it as typewriter rock, because all the drums sound like a giant typewriter. I think it's going to startle a lot of people. But then, I think we startle a lot of people anyway." - Dale Crover

HOOCH - "It's like speaking in tongues." - King Buzzo

GrimReaper

JxFxA

ya thats good stuff! even if it IS all made up.

kl0pper

i hate the album, it's really bad. honey bucket is the only decent song.

Anonymous

Quote from: kl0pperi hate the album, it's really bad. honey bucket is the only decent song.

if Houdini is bad, i think that you hear BSB no?

VUHwex

Without a doubt this is one of the most incredible albums I own, its simplistic, yet HUGE.  Its heavy over the edge.  Its a work of art that many could never understand.  The Melvins definately sound like nothing else out there.  There music is pure, full of soul, and doesnt apologize.  Houdini is one record that you wont forget when it's over.  Looking at it as an audio engineer, it is simply a triumph.  Its not easy making some strings tied to wood sound so big.  The guitars on the album sound 12 feet long, and the drums sound like they are at least each 6 feet in diameter.  This album is pure art.

kl0pper

Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: kl0pperi hate the album, it's really bad. honey bucket is the only decent song.

what?

mobmob

Quote from: VUHwexWithout a doubt this is one of the most incredible albums I own, its simplistic, yet HUGE.  Its heavy over the edge.  Its a work of art that many could never understand.  The Melvins definately sound like nothing else out there.  There music is pure, full of soul, and doesnt apologize.  Houdini is one record that you wont forget when it's over.  Looking at it as an audio engineer, it is simply a triumph.  Its not easy making some strings tied to wood sound so big.  The guitars on the album sound 12 feet long, and the drums sound like they are at least each 6 feet in diameter.  This album is pure art.
i just love posts like that... well, houdini is not under my favourites but
nonetheless it's still great and you somewhat encouraged me to listen to it
right now :)

pottyhead

Quote from: Anonymous

hahaha it says guest but you just kno wits beto brasil