Started by cara, October 22, 2008, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clergyman

motorhead - live to win
venom - warhead or buried alive
scorpions - i'm goin mad
discharge - doomsday
hawkwind - magnu

if they did any of these,  I would be ecstatic...

cara

Melvins covering something by Tad would be interesting as well.. or even something like "Last Child" by Aerosmith.

rimb

Quote from: cara on October 26, 2008, 01:51:37 PM
Melvins covering something by Tad would be interesting as well.. or even something like "Last Child" by Aerosmith.

Buzz has done Stranglehold with Tool a couple of times in the past.  Sounded a bit sloppy but still cool.

I am the Sun

I think GG Allin's Snakeman's Dance would be a perfect song for Melvins to cover.

bathroom creep

I'd like to see them cover another Stooges song.  Gimme Danger would be great.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

norecess

Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell!

Andy

I'm just listening to "Big Eyed Beans From Venus" and they could do a good job of the drums for sure.
For your health!

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Mad Arab

Stooges

The Birthday Party - Cry

Butthole Surfers - Lady Sniff

Minutemen - '99

Negativland - Aluminum or Glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0ASHW3604

The Who - Tommy's Holiday Camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BvfppbhTNg

A "Charmicarmicat" reworking of TG's Hamburger Lady might be pretty cool, or Beefheart's "Bat Chain Puller" with David Yow on vocals.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Uncle Fester

Quote from: pinkyslim on October 25, 2008, 11:47:56 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on October 25, 2008, 01:52:35 PM
The entire Black Flag "My War" album from start to finish, with  Rollins on vocals. :shock:

you are an idiot and so is Henry Rollins except for Damaged.
Henry blows :lol:

wow... do we agree on something?  I dont see anything good about damaged.
I like black flag sans henry rollins... they are pretty good musicians..or were.

Andy

Quote from: Buzzo Bloodwitch on October 26, 2008, 06:08:08 PM
Grandma's Hands by Bill Withers

Bill Withers rules! Super slow version of 'Use Me' maybe
For your health!

Insomnivore

How do you turn duck into a soul singer? Put him in the oven until his bill withers.

Sorry folks, had to.

As for a cover? I'm thinking the current line-up could do a tasty 'Ohio', 'Freebird' or 'Hotel California' but my personal choice would be 'The Song That Never Ends' by a certain Mr Charles Horse.

dijk cheese

i think its safe to say that we'd like to hear every song ever redone by the melvins
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.