Covers I'd like to hear...

Started by cara, October 22, 2008, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

jules

Not a cover as such, but I'd love them to have been given carte blanche to write the music for Blade Runner. Such a wonderful film. Such dreadful farty keyboard music to go with it.

I'm sure Melvins would have created something more appropriately claustrobic and threatening. As it is, I watch this film with the sound down, subtitles on and Pigs of the Roman Empire on the CD player. It works.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Chief Ten Beers

something by Oxbow would rule, like Sawmill

Oxbow - Sawmill

I really hope "The Thin Black Duke" is out within 6 months. A Melvins/Oxbow tour would be the shit too.

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

Chief Ten Beers

Was just listening to the 2012 remastered CD of Frank Zappa's "Sleep Dirt". I can't be the only one who would love to see Melvins Lite cover this:

FRANK ZAPPA - The Ocean Is The Ultimate Solution

It's easily the greatest rock instrumental w/ upright bass. I'd easily pay the inflated AmRep price of $50 for the 12" of this cover. :P

anaconda

I'd love to hear them do a Motorhead tune like Chase Is Better Than The Catch
or maybe another Judas Priest song like United or Grinder

PorcoRosso

No fckuign by nomeansno
or  Bodybag .
I know it is not really their style.
but it is what i want to hear .
or a Thelonius Monk tune .
Just to screw with everyone .
plus monk rules.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: PorcoRosso on January 29, 2013, 06:24:45 PM
No fckuign by nomeansno
or  Bodybag .
plus monk rules.

Yeah, good choices ... but if we're going NMN covers my vote goes for: Two Lips, Two Lungs, & One Tongue; Red Devil; or Revenge ... I've seen NMN do all of these with a two drummer line up ... add to that NMN's  glorious sibling harmonies ... Melvins w/ 2 drummers and their new found harmony vocal(s) emphasis could just kill these ...
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Oscar

Quote from: jules on January 06, 2013, 03:27:10 PM
Not a cover as such, but I'd love them to have been given carte blanche to write the music for Blade Runner. Such a wonderful film. Such dreadful farty keyboard music to go with it.

I'm sure Melvins would have created something more appropriately claustrobic and threatening. As it is, I watch this film with the sound down, subtitles on and Pigs of the Roman Empire on the CD player. It works.

That, dear sir....is genius.

I always thought they could make "Beat My Head Against The Wall" by Black Flag work.

Yanayaya

Quote from: Oscar on January 30, 2013, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: jules on January 06, 2013, 03:27:10 PM

That, dear sir....is genius.

I always thought they could make "Beat My Head Against The Wall" by Black Flag work.

Pigs of the Roman Empire is one of my top 10 Melvins releases.  I'm going to have to try this.  I have a couple of friends that were extras in Blade Runner...
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

jonE5

No fckuign by nomeansno
or  Bodybag .
plus monk rules.

They would probably have a lot of fun with a Monk cover. Playing with all that off time stuff.. This is a very intriguing idea...

Oscar

Quote from: jonE5 on January 30, 2013, 12:03:46 PM
No fckuign by nomeansno
or  Bodybag .
plus monk rules.

They would probably have a lot of fun with a Monk cover. Playing with all that off time stuff.. This is a very intriguing idea...

I think they would most likely take a shot at something like "Epistrophy".

Speaking of which: Endangered Blood, one of Trevor's jazz bands, did a blazing version of that song on their first record.

(the) Razor

One Rainy Wish - Jimi Hendrix

The outro sounds like a melvins riff, well in my mind I can hear them play this and it would sound good. I mean if they got those drums as heavy as fuck and the Melvins themselves vocally sounded like they were drunk and buzz simpliefied the guitar parts.  8)

It's there for the taking buzz!
Don't click this

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.