Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FartLips

Like it muchy. Prolly play it more than the last couple melvins recs.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 25, 2017, 04:39:18 AM
Thanks Stoner!! I translated what you wrote and came up with this!! Like you say it's not a story as such but it does give a good impression of what the song might be about. Thanks for taking time to write out the lyrics! It's funny that you say Cedric and Teri both sing Spanish poorly. To my, untrained ear it sounded authentic. Ha.

I changed a few things:

Frozen with the weapon of the insult of my sea
Centigrades of an accent
It has been months without flying

Between holes of sigh
The air does not fit in my mind
We are full of forgetfulness
Wash away your misery

Does not exist
To do
He eats
It's his instinct
To think
It does not come from the man

Frozen with the weapon of the insult of my sea
Centigrades of an accent
It has been months without flying

Between holes of sigh
The air does not fit in my mind
We are full of forgetfulness
Wash away your misery

Yes you can
To grow
Ignorance is death
Enlighten me with the world of light

They were over time
A heavenly miracle
Without realizing it one dies
In crying ooohhh

On this day I realized
That we are all machines
There is no man, he is gone
With water and your ...

In this place so dark
There is only one God
Requesting us, requesting us ("Asking us" should work too but I think "requesting" is more clear within the context)
To use our powers
Our powers
Our feeds
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

johnnyg

Here's my review. Honestly, the more I listen to it, the more I like it. though, with the tour cancellation, I wonder if this project will be a non-starter. Were there any live Crystal fairy shows at all? Was anyone there?

https://www.punknews.org/review/14925/crystal-fairy-crystal-fairy

meezer

No shows took place, but it was only a 5 date west coast mini tour. The Melvins don't tour in the dead of winter, but the rest of the year is open (after the Redd Kross/ LB/ATDI stuff this spring).
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Hot Pants

Quote from: (PAUL) on February 22, 2017, 07:13:02 PM
What's up with this album cover?

its the plastic slip cover for the digipack. not sure what the LP art is like.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Oscar

I think being a Melvins fan doesn't really help going into this album.
And by that I don't mean that the Melvins set an unreachable bar, because I did try and keep an open mind and listen to this as a new band. But what does happen to Melvins fans is that you get wind of Buzz talking about the project. Saying how great it is, how easy the sessions were and how quickly everything came together. Those would be interesting points if this music weren't so aggressively mediocre. And to truly engage with them as a new band, it's sounds too much like recent Melvins. Hell, it's even partly recorded by Toshi. It's my own fault that I read and watch interviews but for people that constantly talk about how ahead of the curve and weird they are, this is awfully derivative and not at all challenging. Teri seems to be perfectly content sounding like a second rate PJ Harvey and Omar's nondescript bass lines might as well have been overdubbed by Dale. Not that it matters, but even the name stinks.

Now some of you might scoff and call me a hater which is fine. But this is a forum, it's not like I'm waiting outside the venue after a show to tell them what I think about their work. Some of my lifelong heroes have dropped stinkers and I still love them all the same.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

shits and gigs

Quote from: Oscar on March 01, 2017, 09:26:19 AM
I think being a Melvins fan doesn't really help going into this album.
And by that I don't mean that the Melvins set an unreachable bar, because I did try and keep an open mind and listen to this as a new band. But what does happen to Melvins fans is that you get wind of Buzz talking about the project. Saying how great it is, how easy the sessions were and how quickly everything came together. Those would be interesting points if this music weren't so aggressively mediocre. And to truly engage with them as a new band, it's sounds too much like recent Melvins. Hell, it's even partly recorded by Toshi. It's my own fault that I read and watch interviews but for people that constantly talk about how ahead of the curve and weird they are, this is awfully derivative and not at all challenging. Teri seems to be perfectly content sounding like a second rate PJ Harvey and Omar's nondescript bass lines might as well have been overdubbed by Dale. Not that it matters, but even the name stinks.

Now some of you might scoff and call me a hater which is fine. But this is a forum, it's not like I'm waiting outside the venue after a show to tell them what I think about their work. Some of my lifelong heroes have dropped stinkers and I still love them all the same.

good stuff.   I agree with most everything you expressed.  The only WILD CARD is the LIVE SHOW.
The chick is crazy fun to watch and I imagine the songs have more POP live.
just like the COWS.... eeally good on vinyl but top notch AWESOME FUN live.
She even does the Exorcist Crab walk... :shock:

Oscar

I agree, energy is a major factor. Here's hoping they pull a tour together sometime.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

meezer

I listened Monday when the dl came in and I loved it. Is it a Melvins Album? No. Is it about 95% better than the last Le Butcherettes album from the standpoint of a Melvins fan? Fuck yeah!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Quote from: meezer on March 01, 2017, 02:40:17 PM
Is it a Melvins Album? No.
I still think it is in a sense. Put it this way, is it any less of a Melvins album than The Crybaby??

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 01, 2017, 02:42:57 PM
Quote from: meezer on March 01, 2017, 02:40:17 PM
Is it a Melvins Album? No.
I still think it is in a sense. Put it this way, is it any less of a Melvins album than The Crybaby??
In a way, no. No Country, no experimental Patton/Yow stuff, no Nirvana cover, no long twisty songs that aren't quite Roman Dog Bird/Hung Bunny type stuff. The music is pretty much Melvins. The vocals aren't.

John Schuller

I think this is less a Melvins album (Buzz write 99% of that material and sings all over it) whereas this is more a Crystal Fairys album (multiple writers, different singer, and a different sound).

But then, I also think Hold It In is less of a Melvins album and more of a Melvins / Butthole Surfers album.

It is sooooo confusing anymore! hahahhaa!!!

Anyway - I think this album straight up rocks. And Teri seems a LOT less PJ than in the Le Butercherette songs that I have heard. Still some PJ in there but it doesn't feel like a rip off.