(the) Melvins - Tarantula Heart

Started by rimb, February 06, 2024, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crushr24

Working the ditch sounds like the first 10 seconds of Teet...the intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3-bYlqYUvQ

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

Mints

))))((((

I keep thinking this album might be like the companion album to Bad Mood Rising as NWB was to (A)SA. I hope the rest of the record is similar to the single and heavy throughout. No goofy tracks.

amazonAMAZON

Mostly depends how goofy Dale got. Roy doesn't seem like that kind of player. I think this was serious percussing.

We can be pretty sure there's no Steven sung songs since he didn't even know he was playing on it.

I guess Buzz could always do like "Hammering" or "Doctor Mule" and kind of go into a weird classic rock or new wave singing style.

Von_Grip

working the ditch fucking hits, loving the dual guitars/ drumming and digging the quieter effect-laden vocal parts-
"im ol' south!"

JASONALEXANDER

"DM is a real american hero." (Fart Lips 27.09.2023)

amazonAMAZON

The troll in me hopes the 19 minute song is just like a 1983 novelty tune repeated ad nauseum. Like the worst car trip backseat chant ever. I'd probably hate that but I'd also love how much some other people hate it.

But, hey! If that song's anything like what the press release actually described then I'm all in.

vince furnier

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 17, 2024, 02:19:41 AM
The troll in me hopes the 19 minute song is just like a 1983 novelty tune repeated ad nauseum. Like the worst car trip backseat chant ever. I'd probably hate that but I'd also love how much some other people hate it.

But, hey! If that song's anything like what the press release actually described then I'm all in.
it'd better be some proper 70s Rush space saga shit.  [-X
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

In one of the blurbs they mention Pain Equals Funny being inspired or created similar to Mr Dog. So i wonder if it will take on a style in the vein of that song. A little disjointed perhaps. With Buzz's fascination with making songs with multiple parts, i have a feeling it won't be exactly ONE long song as it were but a collection of things sewed together.

Chief Ten Beers

Will definitely pre-order the CD(not from Ipecac store) along with the new HoF which comes out on the same day. Will thrown in whatever else to get the free shipping. May order the vinyl too, separately.

))))((((

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 18, 2024, 04:01:10 PMWill definitely pre-order the CD(not from Ipecac store) along with the new HoF which comes out on the same day. Will thrown in whatever else to get the free shipping. May order the vinyl too, separately.
I'm gonna get Melvins, HOF and Whores together. Amazing they all come out over the course of a week!

vince furnier

i ordered the vinyl from Blixt and will get the cd elsewhere. don't want to wait for the cd if and when the vinyl gets delayed (finally learned my lesson on that one). :?  :anonymous:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Has anyone else noticed that Working The Ditch seems to start like it has followed on or flowed directly from the previous track on the album? It starts very abruptly.

Dumpster D

Quote from: vince furnier on February 17, 2024, 06:31:44 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 17, 2024, 02:19:41 AMThe troll in me hopes the 19 minute song is just like a 1983 novelty tune repeated ad nauseum. Like the worst car trip backseat chant ever. I'd probably hate that but I'd also love how much some other people hate it.

it'd better be some proper 70s Rush space saga shit.  [-X

Melvinized version of 'subdivision's' that's 20 minutes long. Haw haw.

))))((((

I just hope there isn't too much weirdness or wacky invention. I want a solid, no bullshit Melvins album. If the rest of the tracks are on par with the single then it's probably going to be my favourite Melvins record since (A)SA or POTRE! I have high hopes but with any new Melvins record i know not to get too carried away. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the other 4 tracks are heavy hitters.