Two nights away, anyone up for a few beers before the show?
What's some good Belltown bars? I haven't been in the Croc since the Last Huffer Show.
i cant go, i want to go, sorry melvins :cry:
come on seattle wake up, i need pics and show info, :) :) :) :)
The fuckin show was fuckin great, couldnt always "hear" the fuckin vox but who fuckin cares?? fuckin good energy and I liked how the stage lights all turned the same fuckin color at the same fuckin time.
Did you take acid before the show? :lol:
I was able to get some decent shots of the show on Saturday night. I've got them up on my flickr account here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/colbyp/sets/72157624917130857/with/5027845555/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/colbyp/sets/72157624917130857/with/5027845555/)
I hadn't ever really listened to The Melvins until about a month or two ago, that show was totally awesome! I love seeing venues slammed like the Croc was on Saturday night.
my bad ass wife went to the show wile i went to work, she went with my good pal the the grim reaper, all good, so i get home about 630 am, the plan is for us to have some drinks at get a bite to eat and talk about the show,i walk in the house and see a melvins box set on the table # 106 out of #222, i say wtf ,,,i thought to my self , i know the grim reaper has a box set and i told him i wanted to copy to my i-pod. so i go up stairs to wake the wife up and i say hey is that the reapers box set ????and she says shit thats your xmass gift i forgot to hide it, :lol:
Brilliant!
Now she has to spend another $200 on your xmas present.....good times!!
some fucking PUSSY sucker-punched me while i was trying to make it to the front. the person i thought it was, was long gone. at least i think so. and nobody saw anything (yeah, right). if the person who punched me is reading this, you are a big, sloppy, wet, dripping pussy. if you're going to punch someone have the balls to let it be known, you FUCKING PUSSY.
Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on September 27, 2010, 03:17:17 AM
Brilliant!
Now she has to spend another $200 on your xmas present.
I have something in mind.
*said the future reader* :twisted:
(it'll make sense real soon)
Quote from: rhett E rock on September 27, 2010, 08:05:57 PM
some fucking PUSSY sucker-punched me while i was trying to make it to the front. the person i thought it was, was long gone. at least i think so. and nobody saw anything (yeah, right). if the person who punched me is reading this, you are a big, sloppy, wet, dripping pussy. if you're going to punch someone have the balls to let it be known, you FUCKING PUSSY.
I'd say there's a good chance it was glen.
Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on September 28, 2010, 06:45:52 AM
Quote from: rhett E rock on September 27, 2010, 08:05:57 PM
some fucking PUSSY sucker-punched me while i was trying to make it to the front. the person i thought it was, was long gone. at least i think so. and nobody saw anything (yeah, right). if the person who punched me is reading this, you are a big, sloppy, wet, dripping pussy. if you're going to punch someone have the balls to let it be known, you FUCKING PUSSY.
I'd say there's a good chance it was glen.
hey juan dubbity! wanna go to a concert with me sometime?
:)
Quote from: glen on September 28, 2010, 07:20:15 AM
hey juan dubbity! wanna go to a concert with me sometime?
:)
#
Hell yeah........get on a plane to Glasgow and we'll catch Godflesh together on 27th Oct and sucker punch some emo folk.
Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on September 28, 2010, 08:21:58 AM
sucker punch some emo folk.
(http://thesickos.free.fr/hyper_glee.gif) OH BOY!
Quote from: rhett E rock on September 27, 2010, 08:05:57 PM
some fucking PUSSY sucker-punched me while i was trying to make it to the front. the person i thought it was, was long gone. at least i think so. and nobody saw anything (yeah, right). if the person who punched me is reading this, you are a big, sloppy, wet, dripping pussy. if you're going to punch someone have the balls to let it be known, you FUCKING PUSSY.
I can't believe for one instant that someone would sucker-punch that pretty mug.
(http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Grim1963/P1010029.jpg)
Your body guards didn't see anything?
(http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Grim1963/P1010043-1.jpg)
(http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Grim1963/P1010041.jpg)
i was away from all my friends except for one...but he was in front of me and didn't see anything. i can't believe it either....i'll say it before and i'll say it again, whoever did this is a BIG FUCKING PUSSY. if you're reading this i'll be at the next Melvins show if you wanna actually grow some balls and show yr face before you try to act like a tough guy.
by the way. nice pics reaper. i had a great time. i can't believe they were selling "THE END" for a hundred fucking dollars though. i don't know about these Melvins. i hope everybody is boycotting that shit. $100 for an album??? that's some eBay shit, don't do that to yr fans even if they're dumb enough to buy it. what does Buzz have a kid on the way now?
Quote from: rhett E rock on October 06, 2010, 08:05:24 PM
by the way. nice pics reaper. i had a great time. i can't believe they were selling "THE END" for a hundred fucking dollars though. i don't know about these Melvins. i hope everybody is boycotting that shit. $100 for an album??? that's some eBay shit, don't do that to yr fans even if they're dumb enough to buy it. what does Buzz have a kid on the way now?
take a look at THE END nihilist reissue thread. its an all hand silk screened new package with a hand silk screened anti-LP. 40 total printed.
I'm not sure if that justifies the price or not but when you see it it makes the sting a little less.
and I think the statement "thats some eBay shit" has alot to do with it. the creators of items like this intend for it to get into the hands of collectors, not entrepreneurs.
Hepp!
C!
I'd pay the $100 for that awesome vinyl fo sho nuff!
Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on October 07, 2010, 08:52:20 AM
C!
I'd pay the $100 for that awesome vinyl fo sho nuff!
then do it. PM me and I'll give you the paypal address.
Quote from: rhett E rock on October 06, 2010, 08:05:24 PM
i can't believe they were selling "THE END" for a hundred fucking dollars though.
Actually it would be fun to sell some regular 'The End's for $100 - presumably someone would buy one, and perhaps regret it in the morning. Hopefully, though, they were the Mega-Rare Special-As-Shit The Ends on sale.
shame on them.
this stinks. :evil:
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 07, 2010, 01:55:22 PM
shame on them.
this stinks. :evil:
whatsa matter? you can't buy this today and then turn around and sell it on ebay at an inflated cost tomorrow?
I love ya pinky and salute your MELVINS fandom but admit it, you sling some SHIT on ebay.
this was not cheap to manufacture. profits belong in the hands of those that did the work.
Quote from: glen on October 07, 2010, 02:04:30 PM
profits belong in the hands of those that did the work.
indeed!
Quote from: glen on October 07, 2010, 02:04:30 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 07, 2010, 01:55:22 PM
shame on them.
this stinks. :evil:
whatsa matter? you can't buy this today and then turn around and sell it on ebay at an inflated cost tomorrow?
I love ya pinky and salute your MELVINS fandom but admit it, you sling some SHIT on ebay.
this was not cheap to manufacture. profits belong in the hands of those that did the work.
Dude, I could buy it and sell it on E-Bay and turn it around BUT I only sell what I already have "one offs".
This is a blatant "limited" bullshit release. Kinda like Garth Brooks and his "limited" million
I do not endorse a re-re-release of a record that does not play for $170.00.
If so, I would buy shit sandwitch :lol:
And Glen, I am not the only one who feels this way :lol:
awwww- now that just hurts my feelings...
Quote from: glen on October 07, 2010, 06:06:17 AM
Quote from: rhett E rock on October 06, 2010, 08:05:24 PM
by the way. nice pics reaper. i had a great time. i can't believe they were selling "THE END" for a hundred fucking dollars though. i don't know about these Melvins. i hope everybody is boycotting that shit. $100 for an album??? that's some eBay shit, don't do that to yr fans even if they're dumb enough to buy it. what does Buzz have a kid on the way now?
take a look at THE END nihilist reissue thread. its an all hand silk screened new package with a hand silk screened anti-LP. 40 total printed.
I'm not sure if that justifies the price or not but when you see it it makes the sting a little less.
and I think the statement "thats some eBay shit" has alot to do with it. the creators of items like this intend for it to get into the hands of collectors, not entrepreneurs.
you make a good point. but i still think it's them taking advantage of the fans in the end. :shock:
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 07, 2010, 02:56:27 PM
This is a blatant "limited" bullshit release. Kinda like Garth Brooks and his "limited" million
you're right. the only difference is 999,960 records.
Quote from: glen on October 08, 2010, 05:06:44 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 07, 2010, 02:56:27 PM
This is a blatant "limited" bullshit release. Kinda like Garth Brooks and his "limited" million
you're right. the only difference is 999,960 records.
you sure are slow cowboy.
How many the End cassettes were made?...100?
How many LP 's of the END were printed? 500?
The RIP OFF edition-40..
pretty limited there genius.
FACT- This is the HIGHEST priced MELVINS release EVER next to the Mackie 13-cd set which is well worth the $200 clams. :shock:
Get real. dude. The album does not even play!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it come with the original LP that is playable, and the antiLP that is not.
Jeez buy it if you want it, if you don't then don't buy the damn thing. Who cares what they sell or for what price. Buzz should shellac some of his dogs shit and sell them for Melvins paperweights for all I care. Actually that would be kinda cool, they used to sell more oddities.
The Melvins didn't ask for this specific release. Here's what happened. The guy at Enterruption releases the first tapes with the melvins ok, sends the melvins a bunch of the tapes, everything is ok. Guy thinks he can make more money with the same release, presses it on vinyl, sends the melvins a bunch of copies to legitimize it, and makes a lot of money. This guy has a bunch of the records left over, which he planned on selling himself after it supposedly sold out, but figured he could make more money by having an artist paint over the record and selling them for a high price. If he had 300 records to sell for himself, at a price of $30 each, that's $9000. If he sold 220 at the $30 price, that's $6600, plus 20 (his to keep of the new release) times $150 equals $3000. Total profit for the guy at Enterruption is $9600, before expenses, assuming he had 300 to sell for himself.
Y'all probably already stole this show off the internet anyway, quit bellyaching.
It's a grab for more money by the guy from Enterruption. It's not wrong or right, that's just what it is.
Quote from: glen on October 08, 2010, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: SeattleSam on October 08, 2010, 11:30:58 AM
$9600
mmmmkay.
This smells.
FACT- This is the HIGHEST priced MELVINS release EVER next to the Mackie 13-cd set which is well worth the $200 clams.
I never said the price was good or bad. I'm a poor fucker. so $150 is alot of money to me.
but when you see this package in your hands it makes more sense.
how much did the MELVINS poster set go for recently?
Quote from: glen on October 09, 2010, 09:26:06 AM
I never said the price was good or bad. I'm a poor fucker. so $150 is alot of money to me.
but when you see this package in your hands it makes more sense.
how much did the MELVINS poster set go for recently?
you're wishy washy..
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 09, 2010, 12:37:36 PM
you're wishy washy..
(http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/gshap/ritchiec.jpg)
(//) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :? :? :lol: :lol: :x :x :P :P :P :P :D :D 8-[ :bs: :love: :-# :D/ :-$ #-o :^o :toke: ](*,) :-k
more like
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hey, I saw Potsie in real life down at Disney World back in 1977. He was with a group of retards, can anyone say community service? :lol:
As a hard-core record collector I think the record looks friggin brilliant and if I had the money to throw away at the moment I'd pick it up.
yep- i can't wait to see that screenprinted record and the other cover when my copy arrives in the next day or so!