themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 11:06:29 AM

Title: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 11:06:29 AM
 per MELVINS-

As part of our New Years Eve Ballroom Blitz show with Redd Kross in L.A., we're going to have a special split 12" at the show. Silk screened sleeve with the HAZE XXL poster art and some seriously cool specialty vinyl (more on that later). GET TICKETS HERE http://www.theecho.com/event/164105/ (http://www.theecho.com/event/164105/)

Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: buddy holiday on October 30, 2012, 11:24:12 AM
yeah, just bring it on!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 11:39:09 AM
LIKEHELL- Feed the Need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjUj7VLTaWc#)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on October 30, 2012, 11:59:41 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 30, 2012, 11:24:12 AM
yeah, just bring it on!
Are you going?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on October 30, 2012, 12:07:06 PM
I will be there, already have tickets. I would be willing to purchase these for others in trade for Melvins vinyl that I need. Here is my list. Do you all have any extras?

6 songs
Oven / Revulsion/We Reach
Melvins / Steel Pole Bath Tub (Sweet Young Thing)
Love Canal / Someday
Your Blessened / Pronoun Piece Me
Yuthanagia
Bullhead
Eggnog
King Buzzo
Dale Crover
Joe Preston
Your Choice Live Series Vol. 12
Melvins/Nirvana (Venus in Furs)
Lysol
Hooch / Sky Pup
Hooch / Going Blind / Honey Buckey / Joan of Arc
Melvins/Plainfield (Cowboy)
Stag
Lexicon Devil/Pigtro
In The Rain/Spread Eagle Beagle
Way of the World/Theme
It's Shoved/Forgotten Principles
GGIIBBYY/Theresa Screams
Poison/Double Troubled
Specimen/All At Once
Jacksonville/Dallas
The Bloat/Fast Forward
Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings/HDYF
How-++=/Harry Lauders Walking Stick Tree/Zodiac
Barbaraal²
The Trilogy
Spit it Out
Shit Sandwich...and you just took a bite
Electroretard
Black Stooges/Foaming
Dr. Geek/Return Of The Spiders
The Brain Center At Whipples/Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
Foaming/Arny
Revolve
Pigs of the Roman Empire (w/Lustmord)
Message Saved/Thank You!
PigSkin/Starve Already
Melvins/Patton Oswalt (Boss Hoss / Ssoh Ssob)
Smash The State
Hurray For Me, Fuk You
Electric Flower
Melvins/HOF (Real Fucking Nasty)
Melvins/Seawhores (Baby, Won't You Weird Me Out)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 12:38:48 PM
i thought pinky was offering to hook everyone up with the stuff at cost cus she is nice like that.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 12:38:48 PM
i thought pinky was offering to hook everyone up with the stuff at cost cus she is nice like that.

everyone but you and Jules who is trolling already.. :lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 12:46:35 PM
maybe ill just sell my spare lysol on ebay and use that money to buy the new melvins thing on ebay.
thats assuming that i cant ever hook anything up without you pinky.
maybe ill even fly out for this gig just so me and you can finally fuck and get it over with. xxxx

gross. :-&

Your nothing but elbows and kneecaps with a bunch of dolls!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on October 30, 2012, 01:25:38 PM
I don't quite understand this venue. Is it a ballroom in a hotel in an apartment block or what?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 01:27:44 PM
Quote from: jules on October 30, 2012, 01:25:38 PM
I don't quite understand this venue. Is it a ballroom in a hotel in an apartment block or what?

all of the above with riff raff.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on October 30, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 01:27:44 PM
Quote from: jules on October 30, 2012, 01:25:38 PM
I don't quite understand this venue. Is it a ballroom in a hotel in an apartment block or what?

all of the above with riff raff.
:lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: black stallion on October 30, 2012, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 12:46:35 PM
maybe ill just sell my spare lysol on ebay and use that money to buy the new melvins thing on ebay.
thats assuming that i cant ever hook anything up without you pinky.
maybe ill even fly out for this gig just so me and you can finally fuck and get it over with. xxxx



Your nothing but elbows and kneecaps with a bunch of dolls!

what's happened with skinny dudes pinky? you seem to hate them :lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 02:04:41 PM
Quote from: black stallion on October 30, 2012, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 12:46:35 PM
maybe ill just sell my spare lysol on ebay and use that money to buy the new melvins thing on ebay.
thats assuming that i cant ever hook anything up without you pinky.
maybe ill even fly out for this gig just so me and you can finally fuck and get it over with. xxxx



Your nothing but elbows and kneecaps with a bunch of dolls!

what's happened with skinny dudes pinky? you seem to hate them :lol:

nah, just the ones named oldernie 8)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: oldernie on October 30, 2012, 02:07:23 PM
what makes you so sure im skinny anyway.

did you get my pm pinky. we gonna trade or what.
xxx
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: cleveland rewind on October 30, 2012, 02:18:44 PM
its an old hotel that is now apartments with bums and drug addicts and prostitutes and 5 star restaurants and parts of the shining were filmed there. should be amazing as usual. this time i will be in line before pinky.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: cleveland rewind on October 30, 2012, 02:18:44 PM
its an old hotel that is now apartments with bums and drug addicts and prostitutes and 5 star restaurants and parts of the shining were filmed there. should be amazing as usual. this time i will be in line before pinky.
Doubt it.

you got a room?

cuz I do :ohsnap:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: cleveland rewind on October 30, 2012, 02:32:03 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: cleveland rewind on October 30, 2012, 02:18:44 PM
its an old hotel that is now apartments with bums and drug addicts and prostitutes and 5 star restaurants and parts of the shining were filmed there. should be amazing as usual. this time i will be in line before pinky.
Doubt it.

you got a room?

cuz I do :ohsnap:
what you rent a room for the night? i may have to invest in that. i read reviews on that place and im afraid the cockroaches make eat my merch. im going to get a room somewhere this time. cleveland will be getting drunk at this one so no long drive home.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: buddy holiday on October 31, 2012, 04:44:09 AM
Quote from: jules on October 30, 2012, 11:59:41 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 30, 2012, 11:24:12 AM
yeah, just bring it on!
Are you going?
no, i don't think so. i am saving some of this years vacation for next year as i expect the melvins to come to europe with the lite line up as well as for residency shows (hopefully!).
i talked to oldernie and i might make a trip over to england for one of those shows. we will see.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on October 31, 2012, 10:26:27 AM
Quote from: cleveland rewind on October 30, 2012, 02:18:44 PM
... apartments with bums and drug addicts and prostitutes and 5 star restaurants ...

HUH?..
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: johnnyg on October 31, 2012, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on October 30, 2012, 12:07:06 PM
I will be there, already have tickets. I would be willing to purchase these for others in trade for Melvins vinyl that I need. Here is my list. Do you all have any extras?

6 songs
Oven / Revulsion/We Reach
Melvins / Steel Pole Bath Tub (Sweet Young Thing)
Love Canal / Someday
Your Blessened / Pronoun Piece Me
Yuthanagia
Bullhead
Eggnog
King Buzzo
Dale Crover
Joe Preston
Your Choice Live Series Vol. 12
Melvins/Nirvana (Venus in Furs)
Lysol
Hooch / Sky Pup
Hooch / Going Blind / Honey Buckey / Joan of Arc
Melvins/Plainfield (Cowboy)
Stag
Lexicon Devil/Pigtro
In The Rain/Spread Eagle Beagle
Way of the World/Theme
It's Shoved/Forgotten Principles
GGIIBBYY/Theresa Screams
Poison/Double Troubled
Specimen/All At Once
Jacksonville/Dallas
The Bloat/Fast Forward
Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings/HDYF
How-++=/Harry Lauders Walking Stick Tree/Zodiac
Barbaraal²
The Trilogy
Spit it Out
Shit Sandwich...and you just took a bite
Electroretard
Black Stooges/Foaming
Dr. Geek/Return Of The Spiders
The Brain Center At Whipples/Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
Foaming/Arny
Revolve
Pigs of the Roman Empire (w/Lustmord)
Message Saved/Thank You!
PigSkin/Starve Already
Melvins/Patton Oswalt (Boss Hoss / Ssoh Ssob)
Smash The State
Hurray For Me, Fuk You
Electric Flower
Melvins/HOF (Real Fucking Nasty)
Melvins/Seawhores (Baby, Won't You Weird Me Out)

I've got an extra copy of the King Buzzo vinyl for trade in pretty good condition if you are interested.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on October 31, 2012, 03:52:54 PM
For the King B vinyl - does it have the poster? If so - I think I am interested!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Dan_Halen on November 01, 2012, 08:11:35 AM
Just announced on FB-

As part of our New Years Eve Ballroom Blitz show with Redd Kross in L.A., we're going to have a special split 12" at the show. Silk screened sleeve with the HAZE XXL poster art and some seriously cool specialty vinyl (more on that later)

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/554007_10151265767220939_1372942030_n.jpg)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on November 01, 2012, 02:07:36 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on November 01, 2012, 08:11:35 AM
Just announced on FB-

As part of our New Years Eve Ballroom Blitz show with Redd Kross in L.A., we're going to have a special split 12" at the show. Silk screened sleeve with the HAZE XXL poster art and some seriously cool specialty vinyl (more on that later)

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/554007_10151265767220939_1372942030_n.jpg)
From Next Door:

Redd Kross doing 2 versions of "Linda Blair" old & new.
Melvins doing the theme from John Waters/Devine's "Female Trouble" and a Fugs cover.

Edition of 300. Silk screened sleeves.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on November 04, 2012, 09:04:21 PM
Damn!!! That is really great news! I love Linda Blair!!!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Idlehanz on November 04, 2012, 09:11:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w)

I'm really interested to hear how they attack this. 
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: johnnyg on November 04, 2012, 11:44:30 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on October 31, 2012, 03:52:54 PM
For the King B vinyl - does it have the poster? If so - I think I am interested!

It does. I have a fewer other (semi?) rarities if you are interested. E-mail me at: josephjohngentile@hotmail.com so we can work out the details if you are serious. thanks!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: cleveland rewind on November 26, 2012, 10:12:46 PM
i am soooo stoked. i got a hotel downtown. but has no parking. all i know is i will be drunk as hell and haVE a hands full with merch.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 27, 2012, 04:53:40 AM
 :D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 05:43:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 11:39:09 AM
LIKEHELL- Feed the Need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjUj7VLTaWc#)

I like this band!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on November 27, 2012, 09:04:50 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 05:43:57 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on October 30, 2012, 11:39:09 AM
LIKEHELL- Feed the Need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjUj7VLTaWc#)

I like this band!
cuz you got good taste. =D>

awesome band from Minnesota.
drummer is from COWS.

Singer is funnier than Andy Kauffman and does push ups during songs...

Band played Pinky's wedding weekend in 2003! party!! \:D/

Even made a movie :shock:

"LIKEHELL: THE MOVIE" Trailer! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoq4zAWH5o#)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
Bought their record, not easy to find, had to ordet from Germany.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on November 27, 2012, 02:06:51 PM
Weird. Schnab's on the Melvins side of the forum. Something's wrong.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on November 27, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
Bought their record, not easy to find, had to ordet from Germany.

which record?
They have quite a few..

Josh from QOTSA produced their last release On the Inside...meh
I highly recommend Snowball's Chance or Love American Style. 8)
andy Kauffman's younger brother on vocals :lol:
LIKEHELL- Land of Gold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0e_eAEFgJ4#)
LIKEHELL- Happy Seeds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFh2Z8QFtPQ#)
LIKEHELL - (Sense of Impending) DOOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f46C9tu2Q#)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Mount Ambulance on November 27, 2012, 05:44:19 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on November 04, 2012, 09:04:21 PM
Damn!!! That is really great news! I love Linda Blair!!!

Damn!!! That is really great news! I love Divine!!! and The Fugs!!! Damn! Damn!! Damn!!!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Schnabster on November 28, 2012, 01:48:53 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on November 27, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
Bought their record, not easy to find, had to ordet from Germany.

which record?
They have quite a few..

Josh from QOTSA produced their last release On the Inside...meh
I highly recommend Snowball's Chance or Love American Style. 8)
andy Kauffman's younger brother on vocals :lol:
LIKEHELL- Land of Gold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0e_eAEFgJ4#)
LIKEHELL- Happy Seeds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFh2Z8QFtPQ#)
LIKEHELL - (Sense of Impending) DOOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f46C9tu2Q#)

It`s called Famous Orgies. Is Snowballs Chance, On the Inside and Love American Style the other 3? Schnabster mus lauf und kauf! You got me into 400 Blows, before I order more from LIKEHELL, are there any other orchestras Schnab must know about?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on November 28, 2012, 11:47:51 AM
Those are all pretty good songs.. I haven't listened to them before..

    ...Now I shall
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on November 28, 2012, 12:16:19 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on November 28, 2012, 11:47:51 AM
Those are all pretty good songs.. I haven't listened to them before..

    ...Now I shall

GREAT LIVE band years ago.
Singer just moved back to Minnesota from Malibu.
Great guy. Great band. =D>
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on November 28, 2012, 12:19:41 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 28, 2012, 01:48:53 AM
Quote from: pinkyslim on November 27, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on November 27, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
Bought their record, not easy to find, had to ordet from Germany.

which record?
They have quite a few..

Josh from QOTSA produced their last release On the Inside...meh
I highly recommend Snowball's Chance or Love American Style. 8)
andy Kauffman's younger brother on vocals :lol:
LIKEHELL- Land of Gold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0e_eAEFgJ4#)
LIKEHELL- Happy Seeds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFh2Z8QFtPQ#)
LIKEHELL - (Sense of Impending) DOOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f46C9tu2Q#)

It`s called Famous Orgies. Is Snowballs Chance, On the Inside and Love American Style the other 3? Schnabster mus lauf und kauf! You got me into 400 Blows, before I order more from LIKEHELL, are there any other orchestras Schnab must know about?

you are corrct.  Famous Orgies came out a couple years ago.
Their strong stuff is  Snowballs and Love AMerican Style.
Buy the movie-It is a crack up.
LIKEHELL: The Movie Outtakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlB79XThXJI#)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 01, 2012, 04:48:02 PM
Is this gonna be Melvins Lite or Big Melvins?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on December 02, 2012, 12:00:09 PM
I am assuming Big Business version?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 02, 2012, 12:07:43 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on December 02, 2012, 12:00:09 PM
I am assuming Big Business version?
I think you're correct.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: johnnyg on December 19, 2012, 12:50:37 PM
I've got a little bit of rare melvins releases to trade for a NYE vinyl if anyone is interested...
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: black stallion on December 24, 2012, 03:59:58 AM
from Melvins fb:

QuoteHey Gang,
Dale Crover here. New Years Eve is almost here, and we're very excited to be playing with Redd Kross here in Los Angeles. I've been a big fan since I first heard the Teen Babes From Monsanto record. I saw them on their first trip to Washington State on the Neurotica tour. That show and album had a huge impact on the Northwest music scene! Their new record Researching The Blues is awesome, and gets my vote for favorite record of the year! I WANT YOU TO SEE REDD KROSS AND MELVINS ON NEW YEARS EVE! We have 4 pairs of tickets to give away. All you have to do is guess how many times I've seen Redd Kross play and you win! We'll announce the winners on Christmas Day. Good Luck!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (((O))) on December 24, 2012, 05:37:39 AM
Think i'll give that Redd Kross record a go.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: black stallion on December 24, 2012, 05:45:55 AM
Quote from: )))((( on December 24, 2012, 05:37:39 AM
Think i'll give that Redd Kross record a go.

me too!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: black stallion on December 26, 2012, 05:02:43 AM
still from fb:

QuoteDale has seen Red Kross 7 times, and has a funny story about that first show:

"Kurt and Krist were at that first Redd Kross show, and they thought the band were too happy on stage. Ha, ha!"
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on December 26, 2012, 06:00:05 PM
Redd Kross, The Melvins

ALEXANDRIA HOTEL

Despite the myriad achievements of the human race throughout history — moonshots, pyramids, penicillin and the late-night food truck — one never-realized dream haunted civilization: getting Redd Kross and The Melvins to play on the same show. If you were thinking about something with artificial intelligence or faster-than-light travel, then obviously you've never sensed the capacity for societal advancement inherent in a limited-edition 12-inch EP. So: Finally, these undisputed titans of punk and rock — these choosers of perfect cover songs, these producers of the shits which rippeth, these knowers of the single awesome Osmonds track — will share a bill on the last night of 2012. This must be that oft-discussed "rapture of the nerds," right? Cocktails served and black formal attire requested. This is history, people! —Chris Ziegler
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 26, 2012, 08:10:40 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on December 26, 2012, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 01, 2012, 04:48:02 PM
Is this gonna be Melvins Lite or Big Melvins?

quintet

GET THE FUCK OUT TOWN!!!! I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE FLOWN OUT FOR THIS!!!!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on December 27, 2012, 06:15:57 AM
 :-"
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 27, 2012, 08:12:42 AM
Quote from: jules on December 27, 2012, 06:15:57 AM
:-"

Thats enough outta you
:lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: JUDY on December 27, 2012, 11:21:03 AM
If I could do one thing on NYE this year, this would be it.

Wonder if this'll be the gig that sets the world to blaze.

Holy moly.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 27, 2012, 11:22:50 AM
I hope they film/record this show
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on December 27, 2012, 11:55:01 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 27, 2012, 11:22:50 AM
I hope they film/record this show

That would be awesome!... I hope that I get my hands on one of these records.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on December 27, 2012, 12:35:55 PM
Redd Kross and (the) Melvins. They have been my two favorite bands since as long as I can remember. Neither band ever released an album on SST or Sub Pop although many of their contemporaries in the 80's did. Both bands started out as great "punk" bands and have led changing and twisting musical paths since. Redd Kross were around for the birth of the Los Angeles punk scene and the Melvins were around for the birth of the Seattle grunge scene. They both released what many consider the first two grunge albums (Neurotica and Gluey Porch Treatments) in 1987. Redd Kross is widely considered to have been a huge influence on Seattle's grunge scene while the Melvins were there when it began and were nowhere near Seattle when it blew up. Both bands have two core members that have been a constant through their histories and have defined everything about their musical paths. Both bands also have a ton, and I mean a TON of ex-members including people who would at sometime in their lives play in Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Mudhoney and The Cows. All of these different lineups and musical directions have led to each band having specific eras that their rabid fans love and sometimes hate. Bill Bartell also known as Pat Fear (White Flag) has written, performed or recorded with both bands He also has worked in side projects with members of each band such as Sawed Off and Tater Totz. He even released a boxset on his Gasatanka label with 7" records by both Redd Kross and Melvins. Gasatanka's logo was a piss take on the Casablanca label. Casablanca was of course, the label for KISS. Both Redd Kross and Melvins have covered KISS, as well as many other bands songs - and I mean a lot. They both love to play covers both absurd in nature and pure in intention. Speaking of absurd - both bands have always had one foot in the absurd, whether it is their cover songs, song titles, themes, outfits, hair, interview content, merch, album covers, t-shirt designs - you name it. Although they were both on Atlantic records neither band saw the huge fame of other Atlantic artists such as Aretha Franklin or Led Zeppelin. Speaking of giant bands - did I mention the influence on Nirvana? How about strange Hollywood connections such as Shirley Temple Black's daughter playing in the Melvins or Sophia Coppola nude on the cover of Third Eye by Redd Kross. Going deeper - how about David Cassidy starring in "The Spirit of 76" with Jeff and Steven McDonald of Redd Kross - or Leif Garret touring with the Melvins playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? How about Redd Kross covering "Blow You a Kiss in the Wind" from the Bewitched television show on the Teen Babes record or Melvins performing John Cage's 4'33 to crowds of screaming fans and then releasing it as a 7" called "Shit Sandwich...and you just took a bite". Deeper yet, Jello Biafra teamed up with the Melvins for awhile, the drummer of the Bangles was in Redd Kross at one time. It all creates a really wonderful universe with a bizarre pop-culture all it's own. Redd Kross are entering their 34th year and the Melvins their 30th year. Melvins released Freak Puke and The Bulls and The Bees and Redd Kross released Researching the Blues this year (2012) and all three of these records are stellar and will stand the test of time. Classics already. To end this year they are teaming up to do a split 12" vinyl record and play their very first show together called the New Years Eve Ballroom Blitz in the King Eddie Ballroom at the Aleandria Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Rumor has it there is a connection to that ballroom and The Shining. Long live Redd Kross and Melvins. The two greatest living bands. (We all know the Beatles are the greatest ever, but aren't they almost all dead now?)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9BDB5997C2F18A3 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9BDB5997C2F18A3)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: cleveland rewind on December 28, 2012, 11:01:36 AM
Melvin's did a contest for pairs of tickets on Facebook. I won a pair. YaY. I may have an extra ticket or two
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on December 28, 2012, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on December 27, 2012, 12:35:55 PM
Redd Kross and (the) Melvins. They have been my two favorite bands since as long as I can remember. Neither band ever released an album on SST or Sub Pop although many of their contemporaries in the 80's did. Both bands started out as great "punk" bands and have led changing and twisting musical paths since. Redd Kross were around for the birth of the Los Angeles punk scene and the Melvins were around for the birth of the Seattle grunge scene. They both released what many consider the first two grunge albums (Neurotica and Gluey Porch Treatments) in 1987. Redd Kross is widely considered to have been a huge influence on Seattle's grunge scene while the Melvins were there when it began and were nowhere near Seattle when it blew up. Both bands have two core members that have been a constant through their histories and have defined everything about their musical paths. Both bands also have a ton, and I mean a TON of ex-members including people who would at sometime in their lives play in Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Mudhoney and The Cows. All of these different lineups and musical directions have led to each band having specific eras that their rabid fans love and sometimes hate. Bill Bartell also known as Pat Fear (White Flag) has written, performed or recorded with both bands He also has worked in side projects with members of each band such as Sawed Off and Tater Totz. He even released a boxset on his Gasatanka label with 7" records by both Redd Kross and Melvins. Gasatanka's logo was a piss take on the Casablanca label. Casablanca was of course, the label for KISS. Both Redd Kross and Melvins have covered KISS, as well as many other bands songs - and I mean a lot. They both love to play covers both absurd in nature and pure in intention. Speaking of absurd - both bands have always had one foot in the absurd, whether it is their cover songs, song titles, themes, outfits, hair, interview content, merch, album covers, t-shirt designs - you name it. Although they were both on Atlantic records neither band saw the huge fame of other Atlantic artists such as Aretha Franklin or Led Zeppelin. Speaking of giant bands - did I mention the influence on Nirvana? How about strange Hollywood connections such as Shirley Temple Black's daughter playing in the Melvins or Sophia Coppola nude on the cover of Third Eye by Redd Kross. Going deeper - how about David Cassidy starring in "The Spirit of 76" with Jeff and Steven McDonald of Redd Kross - or Leif Garret touring with the Melvins playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? How about Redd Kross covering "Blow You a Kiss in the Wind" from the Bewitched television show on the Teen Babes record or Melvins performing John Cage's 4'33 to crowds of screaming fans and then releasing it as a 7" called "Shit Sandwich...and you just took a bite". Deeper yet, Jello Biafra teamed up with the Melvins for awhile, the drummer of the Bangles was in Redd Kross at one time. It all creates a really wonderful universe with a bizarre pop-culture all it's own. Redd Kross are entering their 34th year and the Melvins their 30th year. Melvins released Freak Puke and The Bulls and The Bees and Redd Kross released Researching the Blues this year (2012) and all three of these records are stellar and will stand the test of time. Classics already. To end this year they are teaming up to do a split 12" vinyl record and play their very first show together called the New Years Eve Ballroom Blitz in the King Eddie Ballroom at the Aleandria Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Rumor has it there is a connection to that ballroom and The Shining. Long live Redd Kross and Melvins. The two greatest living bands. (We all know the Beatles are the greatest ever, but aren't they almost all dead now?)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9BDB5997C2F18A3 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9BDB5997C2F18A3)

Great write up.. Thanks for sharing
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 28, 2012, 03:50:41 PM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/64897_10151344198685939_944895008_n.jpg (http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/64897_10151344198685939_944895008_n.jpg)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: spunkmonkey on December 28, 2012, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteGreat write up.. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that was excellent (except for the part about the Beatles  :wink:)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on December 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 28, 2012, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteGreat write up.. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that was excellent (except for the part about the Beatles  :wink:)

Buzz said this last year..   "Any one who says that they don't like the Beatles is obviously an idiot and can't be trusted."
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: John Schuller on December 29, 2012, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on December 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 28, 2012, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteGreat write up.. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that was excellent (except for the part about the Beatles  :wink:)

Buzz said this last year..   "Any one who says that they don't like the Beatles is obviously an idiot and can't be trusted."

:)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: spunkmonkey on December 29, 2012, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on December 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 28, 2012, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteGreat write up.. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that was excellent (except for the part about the Beatles  :wink:)

Buzz said this last year..   "Any one who says that they don't like the Beatles is obviously an idiot and can't be trusted."

Buzz is full of shit a lot of the time.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Nizamark on December 30, 2012, 04:54:35 PM
I will be wearing a suit and my lady a ball gown, but I don't expect our fancy dress will impede our rocking out. AULD LANG SYNE MOTHERFUCKERS
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: cleveland rewind on December 30, 2012, 07:57:45 PM
i will be there come say whats up. i will have extra tickets too
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 30, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
Our band was supposed to play a show NYE but it fell through , so i will be sitting at home drinking white russians watching the board for play by play of the Melvins NYE
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on December 30, 2012, 08:30:00 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 30, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
Our band was supposed to play a show NYE but it fell through , so i will be sitting at home drinking white russians watching the board for play by play of the Melvins NYE

and scoring the NYE MELVINS/RED KROSS split not even having to stand in line.. 8)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Hot Pants on December 31, 2012, 04:19:22 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 29, 2012, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on December 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 28, 2012, 04:14:43 PM
QuoteGreat write up.. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that was excellent (except for the part about the Beatles  :wink:)

Buzz said this last year..   "Any one who says that they don't like the Beatles is obviously an idiot and can't be trusted."

Buzz is full of shit a lot of the time.

maybe, but not this time.

Quote from: cleveland rewind on December 28, 2012, 11:01:36 AM
Melvin's did a contest for pairs of tickets on Facebook. I won a pair. YaY. I may have an extra ticket or two

cool. congrats!

got an extra plane ticket?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: JUDY on December 31, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 30, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
so i will be sitting at home drinking white russians watching the board for play by play of the Melvins NYE

If anyone at this show starts posting on the board I will fly to LA just to punch them in the face.

Have fun kids  :D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on December 31, 2012, 12:25:31 PM
I'm so jealous of all you bastards going to see this show tonight..

     ...I will be waiting on a bunch of douche bags, pouring them Champagne while you are rocking out.


Just hope that a certain 12" record is scored for me. That will help the pain go away.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 31, 2012, 12:51:18 PM
Quote from: JUDY on December 31, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 30, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
so i will be sitting at home drinking white russians watching the board for play by play of the Melvins NYE

If anyone at this show starts posting on the board I will fly to LA just to punch them in the face.

Have fun kids  :D

:lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Nizamark on December 31, 2012, 02:57:28 PM
It just occurred to me I have no idea who is headlining tonight.  Also anyone know what time the music might kick off?

Here's a short interview with the LA Times today

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story)



Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: camaroballa22 on December 31, 2012, 05:58:37 PM
can someone please grab me a redd kross split??? PLEASE!!!
Imma Jersey guy here.
Cost of record plus shipping plus a tip.
thanks
BK
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: DeeSonyaChin on December 31, 2012, 06:52:00 PM
Wish I was there... I have $ for a melvins/redd cross split, aaaand I'll be your best friend, or not depending on your preference. I would love to give the money directly to the Melvins, or at least someone nice from this site instead of some eBay douche.  :?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 31, 2012, 07:13:12 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on December 31, 2012, 02:57:28 PM
It just occurred to me I have no idea who is headlining tonight.  Also anyone know what time the music might kick off?

Here's a short interview with the LA Times today

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story)

Buzz must have been reading my posts

"If your idea of a good time is smoking pot, eating burritos and sitting in front of the TV then who am I to call you a boring idiot?"

:D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Idlehanz on December 31, 2012, 10:35:27 PM
Melvins go on first.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
WELL?.........

     
       How was the show everybody?..
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
WELL?.........

     
       How was the show everybody?..

well, it sounded a lot like San Francisco
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 01, 2013, 12:32:58 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
WELL?.........

     
       How was the show everybody?..

well, it sounded a lot like San Francisco

Same setlist? 4pc Melvins?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Idlehanz on January 01, 2013, 12:38:06 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
WELL?.........

     
       How was the show everybody?..

well, it sounded a lot like San Francisco
Minus a few songs. They played an hour set, from 10-11.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:40:30 PM
Did anyone stay for Redd Kross?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 01, 2013, 12:40:46 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 01, 2013, 12:38:06 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
WELL?.........

     
       How was the show everybody?..

well, it sounded a lot like San Francisco
Minus a few songs. They played an hour set, from 10-11.

Thanks!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: mikewilliamson on January 01, 2013, 02:54:09 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:40:30 PM
Did anyone stay for Redd Kross?

Of course.  Redd Kross is amazing.

Saw all the Melvins, minus Buzz, watching their set and singing along.  Maybe Buzz was around, too, but didn't see him.

Great show from both bands.  Loved hearing HAG ME, AMAZON and THE BIT in the Melvins set.  Got the 12" NYE split, and the new 1983 10".
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Yanayaya on January 01, 2013, 06:50:03 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 31, 2012, 07:13:12 PM
Quote from: Nizamark on December 31, 2012, 02:57:28 PM
It just occurred to me I have no idea who is headlining tonight.  Also anyone know what time the music might kick off?

Here's a short interview with the LA Times today

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-melvins-redd-kross-nye-20121231,0,6844306.story)

Buzz must have been reading my posts

"If your idea of a good time is smoking pot, eating burritos and sitting in front of the TV then who am I to call you a boring idiot?"

Thanks for the article!  This show was off-the-hook!!

:D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Yanayaya on January 01, 2013, 07:17:20 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 01, 2013, 12:40:30 PM
Did anyone stay for Redd Kross?

I stayed for about 1/2 their set.  I saw them a bit early on, when they were new on the scene.  Not a bad band, but Melvins are a phenomenally hard act to follow.  I showed up earlier than I ever have, in the 25+ years I've been following Melvins.  In fact, I was the first paying customer.  Got to see them decorate the hall, both bands set up, and sound check for Redd Kross.  Once Tom arrived with the merch, my attention was diverted.  He was kind enough to let me go through it all before anyone was let in.  My heart just started pounding (thump thump) as I looked through the boxes.  There are 5 variations to the Redd Kross split.  I picked up quite a few.  Please see my pics in the "Trades" topic on this board.  I bought quite a few of the 1983 10" as well.  Then I spent a bit of time getting them signed by the boys.  Jarred was the last one I could corner.  He was a wee bit tipsy, as it was just after the midnight toast!!  Check out his signature on the pics.  The highlights for me were not only Melvins set, but watching the glee on Dale's face as he rocked out to Redd Kross.  He came out right away to watch their set.  It was also great seeing people I have met at previous shows and some new people I had not yet met from this here BBS.  I have only lurked here for awhile and then just recently joined.  One member (and I'm sure you can guess who it was) came all the way from the U.K.!!  We got to hang out and watch their set together. Nice!!  This just has to be the best NYE I have ever had... Vive Melvins!  Rawk on!!!  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: DeeSonyaChin on January 01, 2013, 07:53:43 PM
Uhhh.... :shock:

That is something that I could only imagine in my dreams!! So awesome man!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Nizamark on January 01, 2013, 09:41:17 PM
We all know Mlvns rock like nobody's business but did you also know they can cure the flu?  I walked into the show feeling feverish  and weak, but determined to have a good time.  After five bourbons and three hours of rocking out I left feeling like a new man.  I think it was during Amazon that the flu got scared and fled my body.  Such a fun night. It was a trip seeing a crowd so nattily dressed for a rock show. Jared's white suit and matching turban won the night. The room was a bit boomy but our crew had the sweet spot in the middle and up front. Mlvns set was disappointingly short but they made the most of it. All business, no filler.  A lot of people left after Mlvns, but that was their loss. Redd Kross were fantastic. Dance party USA. Seen em a bunch over the years and they are at the top of their game right now, crazily enough. I liked how they flubbed the countdown and nobody really cared. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on January 02, 2013, 12:29:50 AM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ms-0102-redd-kross-review-20130102,0,3988373.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ms-0102-redd-kross-review-20130102,0,3988373.story)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Schnabster on January 02, 2013, 01:24:46 AM
What is the longest concert Melvins has ever played? Are they mostly doing 1 hour gigs or can they stretch them to longer? (seen them only 3 times, and each time its been around 1 hour)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: buddy holiday on January 02, 2013, 02:16:15 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on January 02, 2013, 01:24:46 AM
What is the longest concert Melvins has ever played? Are they mostly doing 1 hour gigs or can they stretch them to longer? (seen them only 3 times, and each time its been around 1 hour)

well the 2x4 shows were two sets, each one longer than 1 hour i guess.
the last few times i have seen them, their set was around 90min.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: buddy holiday on January 02, 2013, 02:17:22 AM
thanks for the reviews everybody. sounds like a fun night

now melvins get your euro tour booked!  :D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: black stallion on January 02, 2013, 05:33:42 AM
Quote from: Nizamark on January 01, 2013, 09:41:17 PM
We all know Mlvns rock like nobody's business but did you also know they can cure the flu?  I walked into the show feeling feverish  and weak, but determined to have a good time.  After five bourbons and three hours of rocking out I left feeling like a new man.  I think it was during Amazon that the flu got scared and fled my body.

this is awesome,i also love how you write the word Melvins


Quote from: buddy holiday on January 02, 2013, 02:17:22 AM


now melvins lite get your euro tour booked!  :D

fixed  :D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: JUDY on January 02, 2013, 10:31:03 AM
Awesome stories from all! I love it!

Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/Picture8-1.png)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Metalhead Cow on January 02, 2013, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: JUDY on January 02, 2013, 10:31:03 AM
Awesome stories from all! I love it!

Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/Picture8-1.png)

Hmm according to these pictures it looks Dale and Coady have brought back the second floor toms  :nerd:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Metalhead Cow on January 02, 2013, 05:53:28 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on January 02, 2013, 01:24:46 AM
What is the longest concert Melvins has ever played? Are they mostly doing 1 hour gigs or can they stretch them to longer? (seen them only 3 times, and each time its been around 1 hour)

I've seen them 5 times-always around 70-90 minutes. I think the 2009 show I saw was the longest I've seen them play. I didn't get a chance to catch the 4 piece lineup for their US tour in early 2012, but I think their set for that tour was around 80 minuntes. It was probably around an 80 minute set for the recent Melvins lite tour too
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Yanayaya on January 02, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
Quote from: JUDY on January 02, 2013, 10:31:03 AM
Awesome stories from all! I love it!

Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/Picture8-1.png)

This is amazing Judy!! Thanks...
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Yanayaya on January 02, 2013, 09:53:48 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on January 02, 2013, 12:29:50 AM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ms-0102-redd-kross-review-20130102,0,3988373.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-ms-0102-redd-kross-review-20130102,0,3988373.story)

Thanks Pinky!  Who has time to look for these things??!!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: rictus on January 03, 2013, 09:20:55 AM
Quote from: JUDY on January 02, 2013, 10:31:03 AM
Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/Picture8-1.png)

Buzz, Dale, and Jared are looking really thin these days. Coady still looks pretty much the same.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on January 03, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
Best part: meeting Yanayaya and Potemkin. Those two between them would have made the trip worthwhile even if Melvins hadn't played.

Most avoidable disappointment: this gig wasn't in the King Eddie Ballroom at all. There was a "power failure" in the haunted room so we had to make do with a smaller, less-chandeliery venue. Did anyone find the "Cocktails on the Mezzanine at 8"? I found a woman on a trestle table with $8 bottles of Heineken. I was as happy as a pig in shit but I wanted BIGGER chandeliers and CHEAPER beer.

Next best bit: saying hi to the drummer of The Germs. There will be a Germs reunion.

Most Not Knowing Whether To Laugh Or Cry part: mid way through a blisteringly noisy AMAZON, open eyes and peer left, totally metalliously serious-like, to see Jared trying to keep his home-made bath towel turban on his head and failing miserably. Bugger. That song always reminded me of an off-his-tits Rutmanis; now I'll always see Jared's Preposterous Towel when I hear it.

:D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: buddy holiday on January 04, 2013, 01:29:53 AM
sounds awesome jules!

the germs! who will be singing?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

  The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU#ws)

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w#)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

  The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU#ws)

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w#)

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

  The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU#ws)

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w#)

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.

This is all they have released so far

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3&theater (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3&theater)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:23:50 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

  The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU#ws)

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w#)

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.

This is all they have released so far

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3
&theater (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3&theater)

I saw that, but that's all. I need the whole cupcake.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:23:50 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

  The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbpg-j0zNLU#ws)

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA78pwcMC1w#)

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.

This is all they have released so far

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3
&theater (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3&theater)

I saw that, but that's all. I need the whole cupcake.

i hear ya
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Snivlemdotcom on January 04, 2013, 11:49:47 PM
The germs have reunited before. They had the actor who played Darby Crash in that terrible Germs biopic singing. They put on a good show, and if I'm not mistaken they played every Germs song when I saw them. It was surreal, sitting in BB King's supper club in Times Square, sitting at a table eating a $15 slice of pie with a ridiculously expensive glass of wine, watching the Germs belt out the classics.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on January 05, 2013, 02:18:23 AM
Now I'm excited about the possibility of a Melvins Pie & Wine evening.....  :-k
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Jaron on January 05, 2013, 09:53:57 AM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on January 04, 2013, 11:49:47 PM
The germs have reunited before. They had the actor who played Darby Crash in that terrible Germs biopic singing. They put on a good show, and if I'm not mistaken they played every Germs song when I saw them. It was surreal, sitting in BB King's supper club in Times Square, sitting at a table eating a $15 slice of pie with a ridiculously expensive glass of wine, watching the Germs belt out the classics.

How was that movie terrible?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Mount Ambulance on January 05, 2013, 06:26:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 05, 2013, 09:53:57 AM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on January 04, 2013, 11:49:47 PM
The germs have reunited before. They had the actor who played Darby Crash in that terrible Germs biopic singing. They put on a good show, and if I'm not mistaken they played every Germs song when I saw them. It was surreal, sitting in BB King's supper club in Times Square, sitting at a table eating a $15 slice of pie with a ridiculously expensive glass of wine, watching the Germs belt out the classics.

How was that movie terrible?

Umm have you seen it? How was it not terrible? I donno 'bout Snivlemdot's take ... but oh man it was just bad, bad, bad ... it looked like a candy, all glossy an' shit ... no grit or grime ... it was mostly just the Parfrey book condensed, streamlined and set to film ... glossed all over anything more than the sensational ... probably worst of all ... it was somehow endorsed, supported, and elevated by those who I would think knew or would want better for the legacy/history they were a part of ... Pat, Doom, Bolles, Gerber etc.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on January 06, 2013, 12:59:00 AM
Haze XXL red eye bc.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: DeeSonyaChin on January 06, 2013, 08:16:38 AM
Is that Redd Kross pic the letterpress?

So pretty!  In fact it looks tasty!  :lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on January 06, 2013, 10:58:31 AM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on January 06, 2013, 08:16:38 AM
Is that Redd Kross pic the letterpress?

So pretty!  In fact it looks tasty!  :lol:

nope.
This is the HAZE XXL red haze version band copy. 8)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jules on January 06, 2013, 11:02:33 AM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on January 06, 2013, 08:16:38 AM
So pretty!  In fact it looks tasty!  :lol:
Exactly! I can't look at any of these latest Melvins releases (1983/Bulls & Bees/NYE) without immediately afterwards running out and buying sorbet.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on January 06, 2013, 11:08:03 AM
baby heads..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Dan_Halen on January 15, 2013, 04:02:51 PM
Finally got the 12" I've been dying to hear. It is also a baby head one, thanks to an awesome board member!!!
Female Trouble is funny and cool but Carpe Diem is the gem IMO.

Looks cooler when you hold it up to the light!!!

(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/jonthedj/NYEZZZ12ZZZFinalzz_zps75b5dc28.jpg)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Oscar on January 15, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Is Carpe Diem up anywhere yet?
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Dan_Halen on January 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.

YanYaya or whatever his name is posted that he had extra in the sales sections and was looking to trade instead of sell. PM him
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: jonE5 on January 16, 2013, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: Oscar on January 15, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Is Carpe Diem up anywhere yet?

Yeah.... Anyone.. Bueller?..  :lol:
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 16, 2013, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 16, 2013, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: Oscar on January 15, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Is Carpe Diem up anywhere yet?

Yeah.... Anyone.. Bueller?..  :lol:

i just got my record player and it has the usb thingy, i gotsta get to work now , but i'll try my best to see what i can do when i get home, that song is AWESOME!!!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: parasolmonster on January 19, 2013, 11:20:06 AM
Quote from: jonE5 on January 16, 2013, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: Oscar on January 15, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Is Carpe Diem up anywhere yet?

Yeah.... Anyone.. Bueller?..  :lol:

Ditto!
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: NothingNatural on January 20, 2013, 03:30:36 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.

YanYaya or whatever his name is posted that he had extra in the sales sections and was looking to trade instead of sell. PM him

Thanks for the info. He unfortunately ran out so I'm still on the look out for one of these. Another member offered to sell me one but I can't pay $110 for this split. Still looking to trade so if anyone's game, PM me. Would also buy but I'm not looking to pay 'eBay' or "flipper" prices.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: Dan_Halen on January 20, 2013, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 20, 2013, 03:30:36 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.

YanYaya or whatever his name is posted that he had extra in the sales sections and was looking to trade instead of sell. PM him

Thanks for the info. He unfortunately ran out so I'm still on the look out for one of these. Another member offered to sell me one but I can't pay $110 for this split. Still looking to trade so if anyone's game, PM me. Would also buy but I'm not looking to pay 'eBay' or "flipper" prices.

I hate flipper types, it's one thing to buy an extra to trade for something cool, but it's super lame making money off the Melvins. The most liberating experience last year for me was when I sold my 3 extra 1983 variants for $35 each (my cost)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: pinkyslim on January 20, 2013, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 20, 2013, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 20, 2013, 03:30:36 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.

YanYaya or whatever his name is posted that he had extra in the sales sections and was looking to trade instead of sell. PM him

Thanks for the info. He unfortunately ran out so I'm still on the look out for one of these. Another member offered to sell me one but I can't pay $110 for this split. Still looking to trade so if anyone's game, PM me. Would also buy but I'm not looking to pay 'eBay' or "flipper" prices.

I hate flipper types, it's one thing to buy an extra to trade for something cool, but it's super lame making money off the Melvins. The most liberating experience last year for me was when I sold my 3 extra 1983 variants for $35 each (my cost)
more liberating than when you burned your bra and panties? :D
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 25, 2013, 01:51:23 PM
Melvins - Carpe Diem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3EVBVVuwE#ws)
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: NothingNatural on January 25, 2013, 02:49:29 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 20, 2013, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 20, 2013, 03:30:36 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM
Quote from: NothingNatural on January 16, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
Still seeking this if anyone bought extras. I got some cool stuff available for trade.

YanYaya or whatever his name is posted that he had extra in the sales sections and was looking to trade instead of sell. PM him

Thanks for the info. He unfortunately ran out so I'm still on the look out for one of these. Another member offered to sell me one but I can't pay $110 for this split. Still looking to trade so if anyone's game, PM me. Would also buy but I'm not looking to pay 'eBay' or "flipper" prices.

I hate flipper types, it's one thing to buy an extra to trade for something cool, but it's super lame making money off the Melvins. The most liberating experience last year for me was when I sold my 3 extra 1983 variants for $35 each (my cost)

I'm not into the whole 'flipping' thing either but I do understand why people do it. It is their item and they can do what they please with it. I personally would much rather help out a die hard fan in need rather than make a few extra bucks off a record I just wish the board member (who will remain nameless) would actually like to help me out and sell at cost or a bit over but it is what it is.  Hopefully I can secure one at some point.
Title: Re: NYE MELVINS
Post by: TosT on January 25, 2013, 06:49:49 PM
any band but the melvins or any place other than this board i'd probably flip 'em too

unless it was for a friend