themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: Ron Maiden on July 05, 2013, 04:05:36 PM

Title: July 26, 2013 - Detroit, MI - Small’s
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 05, 2013, 04:05:36 PM
yo.
who goin dog?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/12/13
Post by: EGO the Living Planet on July 06, 2013, 05:20:22 PM
? The Melvins are there 7/26/13. They don't have an event listed on their site for the 12th. What's goin' on? Just a mix up or I am I missing something?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/12/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 07, 2013, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: EGO the Living Planet on July 06, 2013, 05:20:22 PM
? The Melvins are there 7/26/13. They don't have an event listed on their site for the 12th. What's goin' on? Just a mix up or I am I missing something?
I had the date wrong i edited the thread subject thanks.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: EGO the Living Planet on July 07, 2013, 09:21:37 PM

Cool. Had me worried there. It would be too late to get the time off work now.

Anyway. I'm, like, SOOOOO there.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 08, 2013, 06:29:16 AM
me
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 08, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
I'll be carrying Glen.(I'm gigantic)
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 09, 2013, 06:21:30 AM
Quote from: Ron Maiden on July 08, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
I'll be carrying Glen.(I'm gigantic)

(http://i.imgur.com/O3hJKd6.jpg) (http://imgur.com/O3hJKd6)
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: jules on July 09, 2013, 06:34:56 AM
Quote from: Ron Maiden on July 08, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
I'll be carrying Glen.(I'm gigantic)
(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/roncarriesglen_zpsfb4e7c82.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/roncarriesglen_zpsfb4e7c82.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 10, 2013, 07:34:30 AM
anybody up for some etouffee and oysters on the 1/2 at fishbones prior?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: jules on July 10, 2013, 07:53:19 AM
Quote from: glen on July 10, 2013, 07:34:30 AM
anybody up for some etouffee and oysters on the 1/2 at fishbones prior?
"Oysters can kill, you know. I once had an uncle who choked on a scallop at Herne Bay."

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/topsyturvy4_zps54afb391.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/topsyturvy4_zps54afb391.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: rictus on July 10, 2013, 09:13:09 AM
Quote from: glen on July 09, 2013, 06:21:30 AM
Quote from: Ron Maiden on July 08, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
I'll be carrying Glen.(I'm gigantic)

(http://i.imgur.com/O3hJKd6.jpg) (http://imgur.com/O3hJKd6)

I've never seen glen look so happy.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 10, 2013, 09:46:17 AM
who run barter town?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 10, 2013, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: glen on July 10, 2013, 07:34:30 AM
anybody up for some etouffee and oysters on the 1/2 at fishbones prior?

Are you kidding? Their gumbo is my favorite thing to eat. I'm down with getting Fishies. You know it's a little drive though right?

Probably gonna be a steam bath in Small's.  Summer tours are fun.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Buckwheat on July 10, 2013, 04:17:43 PM
Quote from: Ron Maiden link=topic=18550.msg464807#msg464807

Probably gonna be a steam bath in Small's.  Summer tours are fun.
Just go shirtless.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: dead mike on July 10, 2013, 04:37:26 PM
Has no one made a roll call post for the tour?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 10, 2013, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: Buckwheat on July 10, 2013, 04:17:43 PM
Quote from: Ron Maiden link=topic=18550.msg464807#msg464807

Probably gonna be a steam bath in Small's.  Summer tours are fun.
Just go shirtless.

too many cameras.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Dumpster D on July 10, 2013, 10:18:04 PM
HAve a nice time at the show   :hg:
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: JUDY on July 10, 2013, 11:07:54 PM
Sausagefest
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 11, 2013, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: JUDY on July 10, 2013, 11:07:54 PM
Sausagefest

welcome to a MELVINS concert.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: JUDY on July 11, 2013, 02:22:06 PM
Quote from: glen on July 11, 2013, 01:08:46 PM
welcome to a MELVINS concert.

I keep dreaming dreams of Mrs. glen whispering that into my ears.


The sex ratio at birth is 107 boys to 100 girls. Statistically speaking, that would make the entire world a giant sausagefest.



Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Dumpster D on July 11, 2013, 03:48:00 PM
fuckin Right, Everyone Loves Sausages!  :P
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: splattgallery on July 22, 2013, 12:59:06 PM
just back from a total mind-blowing minneapolis weekend and looking forward to friday night now more than ever.

i'll be bringing some litter, cuz you know, walled lake aint all that far from hamtramck.

IF (if, if, if) the band has some free time during the day before the show.....well you know, walled lake aint all that far from hamtramck.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 22, 2013, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: splattgallery on July 22, 2013, 12:59:06 PM
just back from a total mind-blowing minneapolis weekend and looking forward to friday night now more than ever.

i'll be bringing some litter, cuz you know, walled lake aint all that far from hamtramck.

IF (if, if, if) the band has some free time during the day before the show.....well you know, walled lake aint all that far from hamtramck.

if I can sneak away from work early enough on friday I'll swing by the gallery.

EDIT:   contacts made.    plans arranged.  shit is shaping up.     who wants to let me pass out in their vehicle?  anyone??     hello???

is this not shaping up to be the best tour for boardie dorks ever?   me thinks yes.  yes it is.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 22, 2013, 09:12:26 PM
I was thinking of selling my Melvins Neither Her Nor There book if anyone Detroit attendees are interested.
Title: Win Melvins tickets to Small's in Detroit
Post by: jules on July 25, 2013, 07:00:30 AM
http://www.hipindetroit.com/2013/07/win-tickets-to-melvins-30th-anniversary.html?m=1 (http://www.hipindetroit.com/2013/07/win-tickets-to-melvins-30th-anniversary.html?m=1)
Title: Re: Win Melvins tickets to Small's in Detroit
Post by: glen on July 25, 2013, 07:18:09 AM
whoever wrote that has been under a rock.  MELVINS have played Small's the last 3 times through Detroit. 

Title: Re: Win Melvins tickets to Small's in Detroit
Post by: Grayfro on July 25, 2013, 09:06:18 AM
Is it still financially possible to be "hipindetroit"?
Title: Re: Win Melvins tickets to Small's in Detroit
Post by: JUDY on July 25, 2013, 09:42:00 AM
Quote from: Grayfro on July 25, 2013, 09:06:18 AM
Is it still financially possible to be "hipindetroit"?

It's getting harder and harder to tell the hip from the homeless.


Quote from: glen on July 25, 2013, 07:18:09 AM
whoever wrote that has been under a rock.  MELVINS have played Small's the last 3 times through Detroit. 



Not counting the pit stop at the Emerald. That was weird and random ... First and only time I had ever gone to that venue.

Title: Re: Win Melvins tickets to Small's in Detroit
Post by: glen on July 25, 2013, 10:36:59 AM
Quote from: JUDY on July 25, 2013, 09:42:00 AM


Not counting the pit stop at the Emerald. That was weird and random ... First and only time I had ever gone to that venue.

I hold Down responsible for that one.

Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:34:53 AM
today.    today today today.

overstimulation is eminent.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: black stallion on July 26, 2013, 06:52:35 AM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:34:53 AM
today.    today today today.

overstimulation is eminent.



jealous,have fun
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: black stallion on July 26, 2013, 06:52:35 AM




,have fun

i have every intention.   :twisted:
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: black stallion on July 26, 2013, 07:29:27 AM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: black stallion on July 26, 2013, 06:52:35 AM




,have fun

i have every intention.   :twisted:

remember a family is waiting you at home after the show  :P
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Jozzy on July 26, 2013, 08:24:44 AM
Is it weird that I get more excited about going to a Melvins concert than I do for some vacations that I take? :? It's going to be tough concentrating at work today, that's for sure.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 08:33:10 AM
Quote from: Jozzy on July 26, 2013, 08:24:44 AM
:? It's going to be tough concentrating at work today, that's for sure.

:lol:

ya no shit.     I've been "mailing it in" since tuesday over this show tonight.   I intend on skipping out early to get a head start. 
monday it was "leaving at 4".   tuesday it was "ok.. 3, just to be safe".   wednesday it was "fuck it.  noon, I'm out".  thursday it was "for the love of god man!  why am I still here???".   and then I'll get to detroit at 3 pm and wonder what the hell I am going to do with the next 5 hours.

PS:  I'll keep an eye out for you and Beer Destroyer.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: brian on July 26, 2013, 08:40:01 AM
Guys, I've got some bad news. Due to low pre-sale totals the Melvins have made an executive decision to forego the Detroit date. The band hopes you can make the drive to Syracuse. Looking on the bright side, at least you still have Kid Rock!
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Jozzy on July 26, 2013, 08:40:28 AM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 08:33:10 AM
Quote from: Jozzy on July 26, 2013, 08:24:44 AM
:? It's going to be tough concentrating at work today, that's for sure.

PS:  I'll keep an eye out for you and Beer Destroyer.

We'll be there. I'm cutting out of work at 3:30 and should be on the road around 4:30.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: brian on July 26, 2013, 08:40:01 AM
Guys, I've got some bad news. Due to low pre-sale totals the Melvins have made an executive decision to forego the Detroit date. The band hopes you can make the drive to Syracuse. Looking on the bright side, at least you still have Kid Rock!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   :|
hey.. thats not funny
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 26, 2013, 04:24:53 PM
Smalls reported 60 tix left last night.

if anyone recognizes me and wants to say high please do I haven't seen you in so long I don't want you to think I'm rude If I look you in the face and dont say shit.

I'll be yelling out Magic Pig Detective Intro all night.

Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 05:12:46 PM
Im at fishbones putting down a beer and spicey tuna. Where the hell you at?
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Just shot the shit with dale. Am I the first person thats going to acknowledge dale's weightloss?   The man has worked.     PS: vid soon of chicago ice cream show. Dale was there
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: black stallion on July 26, 2013, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Am I the first person thats going to acknowledge dale's weightloss?   

i noticed that too
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Idlehanz on July 26, 2013, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Just shot the shit with dale. Am I the first person thats going to acknowledge dale's weightloss? 

Noticed it a few months back, but he's gotten even skinnier.  Good for him!  Losing weight is a bitch!
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: JUDY on July 26, 2013, 11:54:52 PM
I missed you guys tonight.

Glen... is it too late to have you get me a HAT letterpress? Please? Pretty please?
I told Splatt Gallery dude Small's wouldn't let him in without a bananer in his pants... did he get kicked out?

BTW don't ever mention someone's weight lose, or gain. It's just not nice. Being a woman I can abide.... we don't like it.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 27, 2013, 01:57:35 AM
Quote from: JUDY on July 26, 2013, 11:54:52 PM


BTW don't ever mention someone's weight loss

I'm married.  i call bullshit.  always mention weight loss.

btw: it's over. it was good, really really good. 
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: black stallion on July 27, 2013, 07:18:26 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 26, 2013, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Just shot the shit with dale. Am I the first person thats going to acknowledge dale's weightloss? 

Noticed it a few months back, but he's gotten even skinnier.  Good for him!  Losing weight is a bitch!

maybe he does some exercises to prepare for tours
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: splattgallery on July 27, 2013, 08:18:35 AM
the tweet sent a twitter of anticipation here at the gallery that this might actually HAPPEN, but alas the insane tour schedule proved it to be impossible.  nevertheless, the show was a blast - we saw many of the folks that have come out (did not meet glen - the place was sold-out-PACKED).  thanks again so much for all the support we've been given by melvins.net !
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: fortysixand2 on July 27, 2013, 01:20:09 PM
Quote from: glen on July 26, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Just shot the shit with dale. Am I the first person thats going to acknowledge dale's weightloss?   The man has worked.     PS: vid soon of chicago ice cream show. Dale was there
I met him in Chicago. I probably creeped him out though because I kept looking over trying to decide if it really was him.
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: glen on July 27, 2013, 03:41:03 PM
great night.   small's was 7 trillion degrees and a warzone. top 3 MELVINS show ever (he said for the 12th time).  the problem I had was I was on the hook early with HAG ME so everything sounded amazing.    good vibes all around other than the ovenlike atmosphere.
twas good to see everyone as always, although I missed splatt.
I'm not sure which song broke out more pandemonium..  sweet willy, night goat, your blessened, we are doomed, lysol.. the list goes on.   
everybody got nice new banana shirts. they seemed to like them bewildered or not.  dale: "there were some banana people looking for scott in minneapolis".   :shock:
Title: Re: Detroit Smalls Roll Call for 7/26/13
Post by: Ron Maiden on July 27, 2013, 07:22:28 PM
Being tall I stand a good 15 to 20 feet back so look if you're behind me then well that sucks because at least I'm not up front like a dick. Well myself and  my friend are both over 6'3. Fuckers behind us kept fucking bitching and trying to push through and get in front of us. For me that was the most annoying melvins crowd ever. hot as fuck.  Might be my last melvins show there at that venue.