themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Idlehanz on January 10, 2007, 09:44:25 PM

Title: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on January 10, 2007, 09:44:25 PM
BHM and Ozma's post in the DCH thread got me thinking about what the Melvins might cover next.  They seem to cover about one great song a tour.  What's next? Personally I'd love to hear a Melvins version of "I Wanna Be Your Dog" or Alice Coopers "Changing Arranging" done up like it would sound like it belonged on Bootlicker.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ManWithNoName on January 10, 2007, 10:38:11 PM
I'd love to see them do a Who cover like boris the spider or tattoo or heaven and hell.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MailOrderBride on January 11, 2007, 12:37:36 AM
i know they are big devo fans. they should cover love without anger.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: GrimReaper on January 11, 2007, 09:51:31 AM

On The Road Again, by Willie Nelson

I'm serious! (not)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Michael on January 11, 2007, 12:45:33 PM
If they're going to cover DEVO I stand by my idea years ago of "Penetration in the Centerfold".  Damn, with two drummers now?!?  What could top that?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (PAUL) on January 11, 2007, 01:00:53 PM
I remember years ago they had something like this on the Melvins-l listserv or whatever it's called and I recommended they do some old Butthole Surfers song. Then on the 2x4 tour they played Cherub. It was like they were reading my thoughts!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 11, 2007, 01:21:56 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on January 11, 2007, 09:51:31 AM

On The Road Again, by Willie Nelson

I'm serious! (not)
That would be in the same category as 'Tequila'.. bleh!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: meanclown on January 11, 2007, 01:26:46 PM
wow..a slew of great suggestions here..."Changing Arranging"? Wow! Love it! Iggy, The 'oo & Devo?..all great ideas.. I always thought "King Kong" by The Kinks would suit the Melvins just fine...or "Still No Air" from Alice Cooper's "Easy Action"...
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on January 11, 2007, 03:42:05 PM
I suggested Godzilla in a thread similar to this some time ago. But I can think of all kinds of others.
I bet they could do a killer version of  "I Want You, She's So Heavy" by the Beatles.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 11, 2007, 09:33:14 PM
all great ideas, i'll take them into consideration.

-Buzz Osborne.


(come on, you all knew it all along anyway...i would never let some weird kid interview me and videotape it.  "vinney cavallo" is an imaginary character)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: mopafeena on January 11, 2007, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 11, 2007, 09:33:14 PM
all great ideas, i'll take them into consideration.

-Buzz Osborne.


(come on, you all knew it all along anyway...i would never let some weird kid interview me and videotape it.  "vinney cavallo" is an imaginary character)

:lol:
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 11, 2007, 10:34:49 PM
rainbow in the dark!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 11, 2007, 10:48:22 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 11, 2007, 09:33:14 PM
(come on, you all knew it all along anyway...i would never let some weird kid interview me and videotape it.  "vinney cavallo" is an imaginary character)
hence the imaginary interview!

btw, bow wow wow - i want candy.  it could go in a million different directions.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 11, 2007, 10:54:32 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 11, 2007, 10:48:22 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 11, 2007, 09:33:14 PM
(come on, you all knew it all along anyway...i would never let some weird kid interview me and videotape it.  "vinney cavallo" is an imaginary character)
hence the imaginary interview!

btw, bow wow wow - i want candy.  it could go in a million different directions.
I like that one, good call.
I'm debating whether 'We got the beat' would be appropriate.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: GrimReaper on January 12, 2007, 06:14:14 AM

It came to me in a moment of clarity:

Ram Jam - Right on The Money
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on January 12, 2007, 07:14:32 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.

I believe your right.   Looking back on a lot of these songs, I'd either never heard them, or listened very little to them.  Makes me think I might need to delve a little deeper into the 'classics'.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.

http://www.siebethissen.net/Muziek_en_Popcultuur/1998_Melvins.htm

"Tijdens hun tour door Nederland in 1996 spelen de Melvins ook live voor Radio 3. Ze brengen onder anderen een magistrale cover van Fleetwood Mac's The Green Manalishi (1969) "

That says they played the Fleetwood Mac cover in 1996 already, live for a radio show.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on January 12, 2007, 07:22:40 AM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.

http://www.siebethissen.net/Muziek_en_Popcultuur/1998_Melvins.htm

"Tijdens hun tour door Nederland in 1996 spelen de Melvins ook live voor Radio 3. Ze brengen onder anderen een magistrale cover van Fleetwood Mac's The Green Manalishi (1969) "

That says they played the Fleetwood Mac cover in 1996 already, live for a radio show.

And also for an album....Green Manalishi was on the Maggot.  Originally Fleetwood Mac, covered by Judas Priest, covered by the Melvins.  I'm sure you knew that already :D 
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 07:29:22 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 12, 2007, 07:22:40 AM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.

http://www.siebethissen.net/Muziek_en_Popcultuur/1998_Melvins.htm

"Tijdens hun tour door Nederland in 1996 spelen de Melvins ook live voor Radio 3. Ze brengen onder anderen een magistrale cover van Fleetwood Mac's The Green Manalishi (1969) "

That says they played the Fleetwood Mac cover in 1996 already, live for a radio show.

And also for an album....Green Manalishi was on the Maggot.  Originally Fleetwood Mac, covered by Judas Priest, covered by the Melvins.  I'm sure you knew that already :D 

What? The Maggot? What's that?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MailOrderBride on January 12, 2007, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: Michael on January 11, 2007, 12:45:33 PM
If they're going to cover DEVO I stand by my idea years ago of "Penetration in the Centerfold".  Damn, with two drummers now?!?  What could top that?

That was the song I had in mind actually!!!!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ManWithNoName on January 12, 2007, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 07:29:22 AM
What? The Maggot? What's that?
and the maggot ate into his brain...
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: TGH on January 12, 2007, 09:58:49 AM
I enjoyed when they covered "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (does anyone have a copy of that, I accidently deleted mine. :() So another Beatles cover would be awesome.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on January 12, 2007, 11:21:39 AM
Quote from: TGH on January 12, 2007, 09:58:49 AM
I enjoyed when they covered "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (does anyone have a copy of that, I accidently deleted mine. :() So another Beatles cover would be awesome.
heh, yeah, it was good.
but i fucking hate the beatles.

i'd like to see them do some residents
maybe the coming of the crow
or sinister exaggerator
i don't know, a lot more too.

maybe some led zeppelin too, i don't know...crover would take over.

king crimson's red, maybe.

the doors would rock big time.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 12, 2007, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 12, 2007, 07:14:32 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 06:53:01 AM
whatever it is I'd be willing to bet NO ONE would guess and/or imagine it.   who expected a cream cover? or a fleetwood mac cover?   yet they work VERY well.

I believe your right.   Looking back on a lot of these songs, I'd either never heard them, or listened very little to them.  Makes me think I might need to delve a little deeper into the 'classics'.
Classics nothing, they pick obscure shit and make them into masterpieces.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 12, 2007, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: MailOrderBride on January 12, 2007, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: Michael on January 11, 2007, 12:45:33 PM
If they're going to cover DEVO I stand by my idea years ago of "Penetration in the Centerfold".  Damn, with two drummers now?!?  What could top that?

That was the song I had in mind actually!!!!
Didn't pussy galore do this already?
The Melvins need to cover an entire pussy galore album, preferably Right Now!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 12, 2007, 11:30:26 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 12, 2007, 11:21:39 AM
i fucking hate the beatles.

just when I think a post by cappy can't send me reeling any farther....      :lol:

cap, come on,  they are the BEATLES!   its like someone eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and saying "I hate peanuts!"
the thing you despise is essential for the existance of what you consume.

and hey TGH,  check out Vinny's Goldmine.  I think he's still got a DL of the POTRE tour up there featuring "I wanna hold your hand."
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 12, 2007, 11:39:23 AM
Quote from: glen on January 12, 2007, 11:30:26 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 12, 2007, 11:21:39 AM
i fucking hate the beatles.

just when I think a post by cappy can't send me reeling any farther....      :lol:

cap, come on,  they are the BEATLES!   its like someone eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and saying "I hate peanuts!"
the thing you despise is essential for the existance of what you consume.

and hey TGH,  check out Vinny's Goldmine.  I think he's still got a DL of the POTRE tour up there featuring "I wanna hold your hand."
I wonder what Cap thinks of his Yoko records?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: dontyoutellme on January 12, 2007, 11:42:23 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 12, 2007, 11:21:39 AM
Quote from: TGH on January 12, 2007, 09:58:49 AM
I enjoyed when they covered "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (does anyone have a copy of that, I accidently deleted mine. :() So another Beatles cover would be awesome.
heh, yeah, it was good.
but i fucking hate the beatles.

i'd like to see them do some residents
maybe the coming of the crow
or sinister exaggerator
i don't know, a lot more too.

maybe some led zeppelin too, i don't know...crover would take over.

king crimson's red, maybe.

the doors would rock big time.

residents? some specific songs would work out- things that are mostly spoken word would have to be either even more creepy or done really straight and boring. to take on a residents opus would be a lot.

This is a good topic because---- who doesn't like to see the freakshow? Who doesn't like being hassled by Jews for Jesus?
Essentially the houdini live: large and in charge edition was a cover of regs. houdini. [U-h- in my opinion]. You pick up something so old and rework it- its like one of those eighty year old guys on Conan that was in shape, out of shape, and has finally achieved pulling a truck with their dentures.
Still Cool, still awesome, I'd want to see it.

So basically I want to see them cover Billy Joel's Captain Jack or Elton John's Tiny Dancer. These are two artists I wouldn't pay to see, but given Melvins intervention, would be quite pleased to hear in a different way.




tada!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 12, 2007, 11:50:03 AM
Tiny Dancer NOOOOOOOOO!  It's gotta be 'bennie and the jets'
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: spunkmonkey on January 12, 2007, 01:24:30 PM
QuoteQuote from: CaptainPungent on Today at 09:21:39 AM
i fucking hate the beatles.


just when I think a post by cappy can't send me reeling any farther....     

cap, come on,  they are the BEATLES!   its like someone eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and saying "I hate peanuts!"
the thing you despise is essential for the existance of what you consume.

and hey TGH,  check out Vinny's Goldmine.  I think he's still got a DL of the POTRE tour up there featuring "I wanna hold your hand."

Nope.  Don't like the Beatles.  Have never liked the Beatles.  Will never like the Beatles.  Will never give those pieces of shit a chance.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 12, 2007, 01:30:44 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on January 12, 2007, 01:24:30 PM


Nope.  Don't like the Beatles.  Have never liked the Beatles.  Will never like the Beatles.  Will never give those pieces of shit a chance.

thats funny,  I thought I was talking to Captain Pungent.  (all sarcasm intended  :lol:)

but that "pieces of shit" part sounds like something cap might say so I'll go ahead and let it slide.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Guts on January 12, 2007, 02:25:56 PM
What if they covered Mastodon!?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 02:29:27 PM
Quote from: Guts on January 12, 2007, 02:25:56 PM
What if they covered Mastodon!?

It would be pure genius of course.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on January 12, 2007, 02:33:32 PM
Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
Waiting For The Sun - The Doors
Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 12, 2007, 02:44:53 PM
Quote from: Guts on January 12, 2007, 02:25:56 PM
What if they covered Mastodon!?

cover the mastodon cover of The Bit?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 12, 2007, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 12, 2007, 02:44:53 PM
Quote from: Guts on January 12, 2007, 02:25:56 PM
What if they covered Mastodon!?

cover the mastodon cover of The Bit?
a copy of a copy of a copy..
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on January 12, 2007, 03:02:46 PM
isnt it time for their black album? 8)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on January 12, 2007, 03:05:55 PM
[quote author=
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:09:27 PM
Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows
Black Flag - Scream
Cows - Shaking
Kinski - Semaphore
Porn - The Five Books Of Aeneas
Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Slint - Good Morning, Captain
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:10:14 PM
[quote author=
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 12, 2007, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: §MφºR on January 12, 2007, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 12, 2007, 02:44:53 PM
Quote from: Guts on January 12, 2007, 02:25:56 PM
What if they covered Mastodon!?

cover the mastodon cover of The Bit?
a copy of a copy of a copy..


Everyone please listen to the song  Scoop by the Finnish band Circle.

is it about this kind of reflexivity sorta thing?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:48:34 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 12, 2007, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:10:14 PM
[quote author=
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 12, 2007, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: norecess on January 12, 2007, 03:09:27 PM
Black Flag - Scream
YES! Sweet satan that would be awesome.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: spunkmonkey on January 12, 2007, 04:57:43 PM
Quotethats funny,  I thought I was talking to Captain Pungent.  (all sarcasm intended  )

Listen pal, if you want to keep it between you and cap, send him a message.  :P

They should cover some Neil Young, the godfather of feedback.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 12, 2007, 07:20:24 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on January 12, 2007, 04:57:43 PM


They should cover some Neil Young, the godfather of feedback.

they have.  rockin in the free world.   only live though,  like the BEATLES!!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on January 12, 2007, 07:47:10 PM
"I'm at the bookstore, I'm at the bookstore, YOU'RE AT THE BOOKSTORE TOO!"

That song's been in my head all day, and the Melvins would bastardize it well.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on January 12, 2007, 09:37:30 PM
slowride-foghat.... but make it sludgy at the end instead of it speeding up like foghat does it.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: OfficerButtcrack on January 13, 2007, 12:17:06 PM
I'd like to hear their version of Mississippi Queen
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on January 13, 2007, 01:10:11 PM
Quote from: OfficerButtcrack on January 13, 2007, 12:17:06 PM
I'd like to hear their version of Mississippi Queen
i hate that song for very personal reasons.
so take it back now, buttcrack!
now!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on January 13, 2007, 03:00:39 PM
Ride On - AC/DC
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on January 13, 2007, 03:01:34 PM
the only logical choice, with Jared's added
bass and vocal heft is:

"Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on January 13, 2007, 04:48:26 PM
I agree, it would blow Fu Manchu's version of it out of the water.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 13, 2007, 05:05:39 PM
Quote from: Ozma Osborne on January 13, 2007, 04:48:26 PM
I agree, it would blow Fu Manchu's version of it out of the water.
Mr. Roboto by Styx!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MailOrderBride on January 13, 2007, 06:38:41 PM
Quote from: anaconda on January 13, 2007, 03:01:34 PM
the only logical choice, with Jared's added
bass and vocal heft is:

"Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult

At the Nov. 20th show they were playing Cities On Flame with Rock And Roll during sound check.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on January 13, 2007, 07:06:04 PM
I AM  a clairvoyant
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 14, 2007, 07:42:22 PM
every once in a while i dream of my old band doing a cover of black flag's "revenge" with buzz on vocals.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ___-----_____------_____ on January 14, 2007, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on January 12, 2007, 06:14:14 AM

It came to me in a moment of clarity:

Ram Jam - Right on The Money

Good call man,  I'm with you.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Shatz on January 15, 2007, 04:13:31 AM
If they wanted to do something short and noisy: "Plight" by the Minutemen.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on January 15, 2007, 11:55:34 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on January 13, 2007, 01:10:11 PM
Quote from: OfficerButtcrack on January 13, 2007, 12:17:06 PM
I'd like to hear their version of Mississippi Queen
i hate that song for very personal reasons.
so take it back now, buttcrack!
now!
the woman my uncle married put that as their phone message
she's basically trailer trash, her dad is called mullet too.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: spunkmonkey on January 15, 2007, 12:17:14 PM
Quotethey have.  rockin in the free world.

I meant good Neil Young, like Cortez the Killer.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 15, 2007, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on January 15, 2007, 12:17:14 PM
Quotethey have.  rockin in the free world.

I meant good Neil Young, like Cortez the Killer.

hey spunk... ever see the Harvest Moon vid with dale in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0VSKRih0U

thats him coming in at about 2:02,  then cutting the rug with a fine young lassie.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 15, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
Quote from: glen on January 15, 2007, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on January 15, 2007, 12:17:14 PM
Quotethey have.  rockin in the free world.

I meant good Neil Young, like Cortez the Killer.

hey spunk... ever see the Harvest Moon vid with dale in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0VSKRih0U

thats him coming in at about 2:02,  then cutting the rug with a fine young lassie.
hey we don't condone beastiality here! :P
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on January 15, 2007, 09:56:29 PM
Robin Trower-bridge of sighs
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 16, 2007, 08:29:23 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 15, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
hey we don't condone beastiality here! :P

we save that to feature in the ecumenical discussion forum and in interviews
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 16, 2007, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 16, 2007, 08:29:23 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 15, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
hey we don't condone beastiality here! :P

we save that to feature in the ecumenical discussion forum and in interviews
what interviews?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 17, 2007, 10:27:09 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 16, 2007, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 16, 2007, 08:29:23 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 15, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
hey we don't condone beastiality here! :P

we save that to feature in the ecumenical discussion forum and in interviews
what interviews?

interviews?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 17, 2007, 10:29:55 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 17, 2007, 10:27:09 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 16, 2007, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 16, 2007, 08:29:23 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 15, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
hey we don't condone beastiality here! :P

we save that to feature in the ecumenical discussion forum and in interviews
what interviews?

interviews?
you read what i said. interviews!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 17, 2007, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 17, 2007, 10:29:55 PM
you read what i said. interviews!

you?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 18, 2007, 12:00:42 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 17, 2007, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 17, 2007, 10:29:55 PM
you read what i said. interviews!

you?
?uoy
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: glen on January 18, 2007, 06:48:32 AM
what is this... Abbot and Costello, Who's On First?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on January 18, 2007, 11:04:27 AM
beefheart-electricity
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 18, 2007, 01:14:58 PM
Quote from: glen on January 18, 2007, 06:48:32 AM
what is this... Abbot and Costello, Who's On First?

who is
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: EGO the Living Planet on January 18, 2007, 06:00:33 PM

I would love to hear them do:

"30 Seconds Over Tokyo", "Non-Alignmetn Pact", or "Final Solution" by Pere Ubu
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" by Judas Priest
somethin' off Double Nickles on the Dime. There are about 16 or 17 different tracks that I think would work really well for them
A Latin Playboys or Los Lobos song
"Tupelo" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
a Budgie song
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on January 18, 2007, 09:51:57 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 18, 2007, 01:14:58 PM
Quote from: glen on January 18, 2007, 06:48:32 AM
what is this... Abbot and Costello, Who's On First?

who is
what?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on January 19, 2007, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on January 18, 2007, 09:51:57 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on January 18, 2007, 01:14:58 PM
Quote from: glen on January 18, 2007, 06:48:32 AM
what is this... Abbot and Costello, Who's On First?

who is
what?

no, what's on second.


we should probably stop
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: meanclown on January 19, 2007, 05:15:01 PM
"cross-eyed mary"  via  jethro tull ! heard it on the car radio the other day and thought..hmmm..Melvins would kick some major buttocks covering this one...replace the flute with a trombone, ala "Bar X"....
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: OfficerButtcrack on January 21, 2007, 05:26:12 AM
I would like them to play fast punk rock version of Rock Around the Clock. It would be cool and unexpected.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Hog log on January 21, 2007, 07:23:20 AM
they should cover nikka costa's "stupid cupid"
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MailOrderBride on January 22, 2007, 11:51:39 AM
clutch covered cross eyed mary. it was pretty decent.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Shatz on January 23, 2007, 06:23:17 AM
Quote from: meanclown on January 19, 2007, 05:15:01 PM
"cross-eyed mary"  via  jethro tull ! heard it on the car radio the other day and thought..hmmm..Melvins would kick some major buttocks covering this one...replace the flute with a trombone, ala "Bar X"....

Ha, that's funny. I was thinking to myself, they should cover something from Jethro Tull, a while ago. The reason to that is, my father listens to them like all the time since I can remember. I hate that stupid flute sounds every time they come up on home or car stereo. I know, that I'm preoccupied with this and maybe at one point in their career they put out something mildly interesting, but I just can't stand it. So I thought, that would be a real challenge for the Melvins: take one of those crap tunes and make something decent out of it. Don't know if it's possible, but they should give it a try. If they can't do it, nobody can.

(http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q33/ShabbataiTsvi/highschool.jpg)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on February 01, 2007, 02:18:54 PM
Please Don't Judas Me -Nazareth
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: AaronNi on February 01, 2007, 05:01:57 PM
The Payback  by James Brown
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on February 04, 2007, 11:26:38 AM
I recently heard the perfect song for them to cover, especially with the line-up they have now. They could do a killer cover of Queen's "Sheer Heart Attack".
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on February 10, 2007, 09:53:05 PM
Styx-Miss America
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ignut on February 11, 2007, 12:00:54 AM
alice : is it my body
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Lunica on February 11, 2007, 02:03:59 AM
Klaus Nomi - You don't own me
Jefferson airplane - White rabbit
Captain Beefheart - Electricity
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on February 11, 2007, 02:06:46 AM
they should cover the whole ozma record live.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Eponymous on February 11, 2007, 06:02:55 PM
Quote from: ignut on February 11, 2007, 12:00:54 AM
alice : is it my body
I like the Sonic Youth version.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ManWithNoName on February 11, 2007, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on February 11, 2007, 02:06:46 AM
they should cover the whole ozma record live.
lysol > ozma
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ___-----_____------_____ on February 11, 2007, 07:14:08 PM
Prince - Controversy
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on February 11, 2007, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 11, 2007, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on February 11, 2007, 02:06:46 AM
they should cover the whole ozma record live.
lysol > ozma

that one  too.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Vcavallo on February 12, 2007, 12:46:18 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 11, 2007, 06:58:48 PM
lysol > ozma


!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: ignut on February 12, 2007, 06:20:05 PM
Quote from: Eponymous on February 11, 2007, 06:02:55 PM
Quote from: ignut on February 11, 2007, 12:00:54 AM
alice : is it my body
I like the Sonic Youth version.
yeah I have that 7".. kim makes it nice and scary.  alright then, melvins cover sy? :  cinderella's big score ..OR: 100%. .?
big black kerosene
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MrJunkie on February 14, 2007, 12:57:37 AM
Genesis - The Knife......Fuck Philbert Collins.........Gimme some Gabe!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on February 23, 2007, 08:36:38 PM
they should put my artwork on their cover
:oops: :)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 24, 2007, 08:13:20 AM
Quote from: ignut on February 12, 2007, 06:20:05 PM
Quote from: Eponymous on February 11, 2007, 06:02:55 PM
Quote from: ignut on February 11, 2007, 12:00:54 AM
alice : is it my body
I like the Sonic Youth version.
yeah I have that 7".. kim makes it nice and scary.  alright then, melvins cover sy? :  cinderella's big score ..OR: 100%. .?
big black kerosene
No way, not 100percent.  I say shaking hell.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: mopafeena on April 11, 2007, 11:10:48 PM
I've decided that i'd really like to hear the Melvins cover Cautious Lip by Blondie.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on April 12, 2007, 01:23:20 AM
Jim Safford-Spiders and Snakes
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: tinycorkscrew on April 12, 2007, 10:02:40 PM
The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils - Morrissey
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: stonerwitch on April 19, 2007, 08:52:58 PM
Touch of Grey-Grateful Dead :lol:
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: dontyoutellme on April 19, 2007, 10:59:27 PM
brand new key- Melanie

perrrrrrfect.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: meanclown on April 20, 2007, 03:30:38 PM
Quote from: dontyoutellme on April 19, 2007, 10:59:27 PM
brand new key- Melanie

perrrrrrfect.

hahaha..laughing my ass off...here's another...... "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also stoner "spiders & snakes" & tiny "the teachers are afraid of the pupils" would both prove fascinating too, no doubt
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on April 20, 2007, 04:17:12 PM
you're an interesting guy meanclown. more so every post. cheers!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: meanclown on April 20, 2007, 05:21:47 PM
hey thanks for the kind words, condie...and right back at ya, pal! Nostrovia! Or is that "Nostradamus"??  :lol:
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: sebo on April 20, 2007, 06:13:53 PM
Quote from: Vcavallo on February 12, 2007, 12:46:18 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 11, 2007, 06:58:48 PM
lysol > ozma


!
!!!!!!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on April 21, 2007, 01:48:48 PM
little acorns, death letter, cannon by the white stripes
dazed and confused and moby dick by lz
six pack by black flag
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: CaptainPungent on April 23, 2007, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: Dudbean on April 21, 2007, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on April 21, 2007, 01:48:48 PM
dazed and confused by lz

Already done. Eye Flys.
eh
still want to hear it lz style.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: sebo on April 25, 2007, 07:00:38 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on April 21, 2007, 01:48:48 PM
six pack by black flag
Yeah!! And TV Party!
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on April 27, 2007, 03:37:57 PM
 The song "Apostrophe" by Frank Zappa. It could be one of those killer "early in the set" covers. Jared's bass tone would be perfect for it, and Dale/Coady could trade fills on the outro drum solo. Jack Bruce's tone on that track is similar to Jared's anyway.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on April 29, 2007, 10:54:05 PM
wall of voodoo - mexican radio
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: MailOrderBride on April 30, 2007, 12:04:17 AM
celtic frost already did a heavy cover of mexican radio. like 20 years ago.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on April 30, 2007, 04:21:05 AM
Quote from: MailOrderBride on April 30, 2007, 12:04:17 AM
celtic frost already did a heavy cover of mexican radio. like 20 years ago.
so? and it sucked just like celtic frost.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Mad Arab on April 30, 2007, 05:55:04 AM
London Dungeon by the Misfits
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Eponymous on October 29, 2007, 01:58:22 AM
Quote from: sebo on April 25, 2007, 07:00:38 AM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on April 21, 2007, 01:48:48 PM
six pack by black flag
Yeah!! And TV Party!

I was watching re-runs of Futurama last week, and they "covered" this. ie the cast was singing.  8)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: I am the Sun on October 29, 2007, 03:05:25 PM
Subhuman,Discipline, Hamburger Lady, or Persuasion by Throbbing Gristle
I am the Walrus, Honey Pie, Blue Jay Way, or Helter Skelter by Beatles (Apparently Boris and Merzbow put out a record where they cover I am the Walrus and a King Crimson song, but I think Melvins would do it better)
Not To Touch the Earth or The End - Doors
Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath, Crosseyed Mary, or Aqualung
21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
Run Paint Run Run, Hot Head, Ice Cream for Crow, Well, Electricity - Captain Beefheart
Fire - Arthur Brown
and then just for fun they should do Paradise City, Sweet Home Alabama, Beat it, Owner of a Lonely Heart, and fight for the right to party, simply because they could make all of those songs significantly better.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Rev. Mike on October 29, 2007, 03:21:06 PM
Death Letter is a Son House song, fuck the White Stripes.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bathroom creep on October 29, 2007, 03:39:18 PM
Quote from: NickP on October 29, 2007, 03:05:25 PM
I am the Walrus, Honey Pie, Blue Jay Way, or Helter Skelter by Beatles
21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
yeah, that would be great

Beatles - Run For Your Life, I'm Only Sleeping, A Day In The Life, Hey Bulldog, I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Fairies Wear Boots, Cornucopia
Rory Gallagher - Moonchild
Minor Threat - Out of Step, Minor Threat
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant
CCR - Fortunate Son
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Rev. Mike on October 29, 2007, 10:50:05 PM
I'll have to take your word for it that Jack White is legit, but this right here is better than enything I've ever heard the White Stripes do:
http://<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jN5vqEyV7g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jN5vqEyV7g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Rev. Mike on October 30, 2007, 04:10:38 PM
Understood, I am just not crazy about the White Stripes.  I couldn't really see Melvins covering them, it seems beneath them to me.  And Son House needs to get credit, not Jack White.
Sorry to hijack the thread.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) Razor on October 30, 2007, 04:26:41 PM
Damnit.

I opened this thread expecting a picture of the new album cover. Oh well, that'll come one day...
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 30, 2007, 05:01:17 PM
Quote from: SpaceFarm on October 30, 2007, 04:26:41 PM
Damnit.

I opened this thread expecting a picture of the new album cover. Oh well, that'll come one day...
I'm willing to bet Mackie designs the next cover.   :shock:

I like the fact they usually do unexpected covers.  Pink floyd, fleetwood mac, beatles aka the guy in zz tops first band (?) song/etc.   Tequila, I've had enough of, though.  :? 

mmm melvins, do a cover of an einsturzende song.  any one.  Or a Devo song.  something off of hardcore one or two?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: irezumi on October 30, 2007, 07:04:14 PM
Nipple Belt - Tad
Hey You - Steel Pole Bath Tub
No Sugar Tonight - Guess Who
Glass Onion - Beatles
Suffragette City, All The Young Dudes - David Bowie
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on October 30, 2007, 07:39:45 PM
Godzilla
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on October 30, 2007, 07:40:42 PM
ps, I'd also like to hear Dale record a Doors song
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: mopafeena on October 31, 2007, 12:49:29 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 30, 2007, 05:01:17 PM
mmm melvins, do a cover of an einsturzende song.  any one.  Or a Devo song.  something off of hardcore one or two?
Yes! Both great ideas.

Quote from: anaconda on October 30, 2007, 07:39:45 PM
Godzilla–Blue Oyster Cult


(and somehow they merge it with Cities Aflame with RocknRoll)
Also a great idea.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Komar on November 10, 2007, 10:31:00 PM
this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PO83vQXp4
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: irezumi on November 10, 2007, 10:52:17 PM
Quote from: MAR on November 10, 2007, 10:31:00 PM
this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PO83vQXp4

John Lennon is so cool that he's got Jesus playing bass for him.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Komar on November 10, 2007, 11:35:52 PM
 :D
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 10, 2007, 11:41:25 PM
Quote from: irezumi on November 10, 2007, 10:52:17 PM
Quote from: MAR on November 10, 2007, 10:31:00 PM
this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PO83vQXp4

John Lennon is so cool that he's got Jesus playing bass for him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Lunica on November 11, 2007, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on October 30, 2007, 04:10:38 PM
Understood, I am just not crazy about the White Stripes.  I couldn't really see Melvins covering them, it seems beneath them to me.  And Son House needs to get credit, not Jack White.
Sorry to hijack the thread.

Actually, thats one of my favorite covers.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: w a s s a k a on December 12, 2007, 02:40:25 AM
on this years NA tour, they covered the ballad of dwight fry.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on December 12, 2007, 02:55:38 AM
Just as they did on their album Lysol, fifteen years ago :D
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: w a s s a k a on December 12, 2007, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: norecess on December 12, 2007, 02:55:38 AM
Just as they did on their album Lysol, fifteen years ago :D


i wasnt trying imply that it was new, it just looked as though he wanted to know the cover they were playing this tour
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on December 13, 2007, 05:14:24 PM
Pere Ubu - Heart Of Darkness, Final Solution, or 30 Seconds Over Tokyo.
Can you tell I've been playing "Terminal Tower" alot lately?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Eponymous on December 13, 2007, 07:44:00 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on December 13, 2007, 05:14:24 PM
Pere Ubu - Heart Of Darkness, Final Solution, or 30 Seconds Over Tokyo.
Can you tell I've been playing "Terminal Tower" alot lately?
As well you should. It's a great compilation.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on December 14, 2007, 04:48:42 PM
Quote from: Dudbean on December 13, 2007, 07:50:39 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on December 13, 2007, 05:14:24 PM
Pere Ubu - Heart Of Darkness, Final Solution, or 30 Seconds Over Tokyo.
Can you tell I've been playing "Terminal Tower" alot lately?

That is one damn good collection of early stuff. For anyone who wants to check out Pere Ubu, it's full of some of their best songs and it's cheap to buy.

Best band from Cleveland ever, one of the top 3 shows I saw this year. I've got that and Modern Dance, and the recent ones  - St. Arkansas + Why I Hate Women which are great. Just picked up the official live '76 boot "The Shape Of Things"  too which is a great show but very lo-fi.
I don't know about their '80s/'90s stuff. What I've heard sounds too "pop" to me. I've got to get New Picnic Time, and Dub Housing next.
Rocket From The Tombs also rules.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: mopafeena on December 14, 2007, 08:16:52 PM
I've just thought of a great cover for the Melvins to do: Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation.

Seriously, listen to the drums on that track.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Shatz on March 03, 2011, 01:13:45 PM
Today when XTC's "Travels in Nihilon" came up in shuffle, it occurred to me that Dale (+Coady) could work out some massive drumming for this already repetitive and hypnotic song. Add some pumping bass from Jared and inventive guitar play from Buzz and...
well that definitely would lead somewhere.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on March 03, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
Goddarn you're right!

XTC Travels in Nihilon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fve2fqtiF18#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 03, 2011, 04:30:27 PM

- Any Plasmatics song
- Zappa "Pinky"   :lol:
- "Darth Vaders Theme"

Those 3 would make a nice 10''
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on March 03, 2011, 08:04:23 PM
Deep Purple's Highway Star.  Buzz and Jared sharing vox.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on March 04, 2011, 04:03:26 AM
Randy Holden-Keeper Of My Flame(1971) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGOrKSAbQg#)
Groundhogs - Split Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pLU2kkwnc#ws)

a randy holden cover would be -- to speak with wesley willis -- awsum.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: cara on March 04, 2011, 12:56:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 03, 2011, 08:04:23 PM
Deep Purple's Highway Star.  Buzz and Jared sharing vox.

I was thinking Space Truckin'.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: black stallion on March 04, 2011, 01:01:25 PM
Soundgarden-Rusty Cage  :o

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage [Studio Version] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqP3wj2x14#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: supernaut on March 05, 2011, 03:52:04 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 04, 2011, 01:01:25 PM
Soundgarden-Rusty Cage  :o

would love to hear what they'd do with Room A Thousand Years Wide
(slowed to about 17 minutes of course)

or Gun
or Get On The Snake
or Power Trip
or Beyond the Wheel
similarly slowed

they wouldn't go there though

more Priest covers would be cool. we all love Judy.
Grinder
Tyrant
Sinner
Victim of Changes
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) Razor on March 07, 2011, 06:08:35 AM
Quote from: Razor on October 30, 2007, 04:26:41 PM
Damnit.

I opened this thread expecting a picture of the new album cover. Oh well, that'll come one day...

Damnit.

I opened this thread expecting a picture of the new album cover again... 4 years later!  :x
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on March 07, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS
I like that idea. A whole cover album of lesser known Nirvana songs would be equally pretty cool too.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 07, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS
I like that idea. A whole cover album of lesser known Nirvana songs would be equally pretty cool too.

yeah like AERO ZEPPLIN witch i think is the greatest song nirvana ever made and its so underrated
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on March 07, 2011, 08:59:20 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 07, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS
I like that idea. A whole cover album of lesser known Nirvana songs would be equally pretty cool too.

yeah like AERO ZEPPLIN witch i think is the greatest song nirvana ever made and its so underrated
...and featuring monsieur Dale Crover.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 09:38:46 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 07, 2011, 08:59:20 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 07, 2011, 08:25:23 AM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS
I like that idea. A whole cover album of lesser known Nirvana songs would be equally pretty cool too.

yeah like AERO ZEPPLIN witch i think is the greatest song nirvana ever made and its so underrated
...and featuring monsieur Dale Crover.
oh heck yes :D
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: black stallion on March 07, 2011, 12:28:30 PM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS

who used to play drums on those songs?  :-({|=
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: jules on March 07, 2011, 12:43:07 PM
Quote from: black stallion on March 07, 2011, 12:28:30 PM
Quote from: flutter nuts on March 07, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
MELVINS SHOULD DO NIRVANAS BLEACH START TO FINISH, OR AT LEAST FLOYD THE BARBER AND PAPER CUTS

who used to play drums on those songs?    (http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/drum-1.gif)

Fixed
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 07, 2011, 07:55:11 PM
mmmmabye "negative creep".
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Justafilthylurker on March 08, 2011, 08:14:28 AM
Buzz will never cover any song in the grunge or sludge metal genres, because he is contrary like that. He did a few in the old days and the ironic Nirvana cover, but he's never going to again. Never.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on March 08, 2011, 10:00:51 AM
Quote from: cara on March 04, 2011, 12:56:47 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 03, 2011, 08:04:23 PM
Deep Purple's Highway Star.  Buzz and Jared sharing vox.

I was thinking Space Truckin'.
I can see that.

I was just imagining Jared singing the "I love it, I need it" part of Highway Star, and it seemed like a do-able cover.  Along with the great opening and solo's and everything else.  And whatnot. And on and on.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: alfunso on March 08, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
I am in a 80s mood, so I would like to hear them do Elton John's "Hold me closer tiny dancer.." ever since I saw them cover the Star Spangled Banner,  I realize they can do anthing, anything,,,alfunso
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on March 08, 2011, 10:16:07 PM
rainy day people by gordon lightfoot if that got melvinized , now that'd be killer
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on March 09, 2011, 07:12:46 AM
Quote from: alfunso on March 08, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
ever since I saw them cover the Star Spangled Banner,  I realize they can do anthing, anything,,,
What even this????
Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tirxSTAWU#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: bonzo on March 10, 2011, 12:19:46 AM
LINK WRAY - "Genocide" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_b44e84zM#ws)

Beach Boys-In My Room (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l71pbhqnvNM#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: BaronVonLipshitz on March 10, 2011, 08:29:37 AM
I like this for Melvins-
Ted Nugunt - Paralyzed.flv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6tqx0xR8k#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: dijk cheese on March 10, 2011, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: )))((( on March 09, 2011, 07:12:46 AM
Quote from: alfunso on March 08, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
ever since I saw them cover the Star Spangled Banner,  I realize they can do anthing, anything,,,
What even this????
Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tirxSTAWU#)

star spangled was blar,
maybe for americans cool, but to play it overseas was ...blar
would have sent my melvins army badge back if i had one.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on March 10, 2011, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: dijk cheese on March 10, 2011, 08:59:36 AM
star spangled was blar,
maybe for americans cool, but to play it overseas was ...blar
would have sent my melvins army badge back if i had one.
Exactly. That's why im not too excited to see it included on Sugar Daddy.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on March 10, 2011, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: )))((( on March 10, 2011, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: dijk cheese on March 10, 2011, 08:59:36 AM
star spangled was blar,
maybe for americans cool, but to play it overseas was ...blar
would have sent my melvins army badge back if i had one.
Exactly. That's why im not too excited to see it included on Sugar Daddy.

Blar, blar, blar-blar !   BLAR !!!


"they're comin' to your town, they'll help you party down, there an American band"  :lol:
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Idlehanz on March 12, 2011, 01:20:43 AM
Watching a Neil Young show tonight.  I can see them doing a cover of Heart Of Gold.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: norecess on March 26, 2011, 05:41:36 AM
Long Long Long (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jWSFdIAEUU#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on April 09, 2011, 07:58:27 PM
Van Halen - Fair Warning - One Foot Out The Door (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOL8e8oeTQ#)

Fuck, they should just cover the whole Fair Warning album. The four part harmonies would rule, and I'd love to see Buzz do EVH's parts his own way.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on April 09, 2011, 08:05:33 PM
that would be killer! Unchained is one of  VH's best songs ever.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: GrimReaper on April 09, 2011, 10:29:46 PM
I'd like to see the Melvins cover the Write Bros. Pen commercial. That song fucking rocked. If you don't remember it, a 70's thing, here it goes:

Write on Write Brothers, write on, with a  Paper Mate Wright Brothers pen!

Loved that tune.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: FartLips on April 09, 2011, 11:29:10 PM
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback girl Official Music Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXooLQBN3F4#)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on April 10, 2011, 12:19:27 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on April 09, 2011, 10:29:46 PM
I'd like to see the Melvins cover the Write Bros. Pen commercial. That song fucking rocked. If you don't remember it, a 70's thing, here it goes:

Write on Write Brothers, write on, with a  Paper Mate Wright Brothers pen!

Loved that tune.

Write Bros 3.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90coUfxwAU8#ws)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m0QcEv2xwU

Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Captain CoryCory on April 12, 2011, 12:54:54 PM
They should cover this.

http://youtu.be/frl0ULSTSEk (http://youtu.be/frl0ULSTSEk)

Or this.

http://youtu.be/8z2qNiU8XWY (http://youtu.be/8z2qNiU8XWY)

Or possibly this.

http://youtu.be/P0LbP921oRA (http://youtu.be/P0LbP921oRA)

KEEP FUCKING WALKING WITH DANNY YOU BITCH.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: WGB on April 12, 2011, 01:45:11 PM
They should cover this

Convoy (1978) Music Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn-6kvgqJNs#ws)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on April 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....
Who wouldn't?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: GrimReaper on April 12, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....
Who wouldn't?

What t-shirts are they wearing?
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (((O))) on April 12, 2011, 02:40:13 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on April 12, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....
Who wouldn't?
What t-shirts are they wearing?
Hard to tell but im certain Buzzo's has the infamous pic of child murderer Mira Hindley on the front. As for Lukin his shirt reads My.... (something or other)  :?

(http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00565/news-graphics-2004-_565218a.jpg)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on April 12, 2011, 06:44:16 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 12, 2011, 02:40:13 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on April 12, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....
Who wouldn't?
What t-shirts are they wearing?
Hard to tell but im certain Buzzo's has the infamous pic of child murderer Mira Hindley on the front. As for Lukin his shirt reads My.... (something or other)  :?

(http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00565/news-graphics-2004-_565218a.jpg)

Awesome vid, but I don't think that's Lukin. Buzz/Dale look the same as on the "Salad" DVD circa '91, so I'm guessing it's Tom Flynn (of Boner Records)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: SeattleSam on April 12, 2011, 07:30:48 PM
Chief is right. 
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: Uncle Fester on April 12, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
another giveaway that its flynn is the rickenbacker bass off to the side.
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: anaconda on April 12, 2011, 09:34:20 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on April 12, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: andy the angry bald man on April 12, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
i would KILL for a studio recording of "into the void" ....
Who wouldn't?

What t-shirts are they wearing?

Flynn's looks like a Dr Know shirt

(http://thesickos.free.fr/DRKNOW.jpg)
Title: Re: Next Melvins cover
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on May 02, 2011, 07:38:07 PM
 THIS SHOULD BE MELVINIZED!!! IT WOULD BE NUTS

Jethro Tull- To Cry You A Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCEIGgyIS4#)