Melvins books on 33 1/3?

Started by Dead Cowboy, January 27, 2009, 02:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Cowboy

http://33third.blogspot.com/2009/01/longlist.html

I think if im reading this right, its just a list of nominations but houdini, Lysol, and bullhead are on this list. Never read a 33 1/3 book, seem kinda stupid and hipstery, but yeah... there it is.

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Dead Cowboy

Right on. Lock this please and Ill be sure to use that search bar in the future.

Rev. Mike

I am nothing if not stupid and hipstery.  I sure hope I get a fucking contract on this.  I know not all the books in the series are winners, but many I have read are quite good.  A lot of the proposals may seem hipstery, but music analysis is far from it.  Now, experimental fiction loosely inspired by an album is a whole other story, but it just might work.

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 03:26:41 PM
I am nothing if not stupid and hipstery.  I sure hope I get a fucking contract on this.  I know not all the books in the series are winners, but many I have read are quite good.  A lot of the proposals may seem hipstery, but music analysis is far from it.  Now, experimental fiction loosely inspired by an album is a whole other story, but it just might work.
Oh, man. I feel like a dick now. Didnt know one of our own was in the process till I read the other thread, hats off to you my man.

Rev. Mike

It doesn't matter, your opinion is your own, and if you were looking at the long list of proposals, entirely understandable.  I must steel myself against the hate I will be the recipient of if my book is published.

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
It doesn't matter, your opinion is your own, and if you were looking at the long list of proposals, entirely understandable.  I must steel myself against the hate I will be the recipient of if my book is published.

What? Dude a melvins book that is an accurate account of what happened? I'd take a book about Colosuss of Destiny, but instead you choose one of my alltime faves. This is a good thing.

Chief Ten Beers

I have the "Trout Mask Replica" one & "Double Nickels On The Dime" which are very good. No intent on getting any others, but I would definitely buy a Melvins one.