The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Good call with not checking the snippets. It is more "magic" to hear the album for the first time proper. I was weak though and had to check the snippets.

I'm hoping they don't screw around and just release the vinyl at the same time as the cd like everyone else does!

I hope the radges come to Scotland this time. I haven't seen them since the ASA tour. I'm hoping even more that they come to Edinburgh seeing as the Picture House venue is getting "big" rock band names recently such as Killing Joke, Mudhoney etc etc

Captain CoryCory

I really like what I'm hearing so far. It sounds more punchy than ASA and darker than NWB. This album's gonna be one to love !

glen

I expected a drum novelty here and there.    post-snippets I am inclined to revoke that expectation.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Like Stee

Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on April 07, 2010, 08:17:29 AMI'm hoping they don't screw around and just release the vinyl at the same time as the cd like everyone else does!

Me too, but realistically I'm guessing it'll be at least a year, and even then it'll come in a flimsy sleeve that's managed to warp the record.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

danimal

Quote from: (((O))) on April 07, 2010, 04:04:18 PM
Still can't get enough of that Evil New War God clip. Gonna be my new favourite Melv tune it seems. Weird how i always end up loving track 2 on the albums. Bloated Pope, Blood Witch, Billy Fish, Queen, Night Goat etc!  :shock: :D

I'm more of a song 5 guy:
Pink Bat
Brain Center (5th song, 6th track)
Zodiac

rimb

Youtube preview of new album as linked from melvinsdotcom twitter feed:

Melvins The Bride Screamed Murder album preview

MeddlingCrybaby

Someone just took the Amazon.com preview tracks and made a youtube video.
Fester Rules You Drool

Schnabster

I like the tracks where Buzz` vocal dominates, and I don`t like the tracks where there seems to be all 4 guys singing or Jared dominating. It doesn`t sound like a whole
different record than the two other with BB either, btw. Still good, if I go by the little percentage I`ve heard. Will of course buy it.

black stallion

to my ears it sounds very different than the two others,maybe vocals can remind a little bit but speaking of riffs,it sounds a lot more classic Melvins style
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) Razor

...and those drums too Stallion!
Don't click this

norecess

welcome to the melvins section, schnab!

glen

Quote from: norecess on April 08, 2010, 07:03:22 AM

:D

am I the only one who's very foundation has been shaken by the sheer intensity of The Water Glass?

classic MELVINS indeeeeeeeeed!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

Quote from: Razor on April 08, 2010, 06:59:30 AM
...and those drums too Stallion!
agreed!as norecess said,seems drums sound less mechanical than on the previous albums.it's more like a Crover x2,than Crover+Coady
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Schnabster

Quote from: norecess on April 08, 2010, 07:03:22 AM

I`ve been around from time to time, clog-man.  :lol:

*Schnab hurries back to Ecumenical*

GrimReaper

I can't wait to hear Pig House all the way through. It just starts changing up then fades out.