Dale Crover's Drumset Appreciation

Started by Binkard and Friends, August 08, 2004, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LouiLoomis

Yeh, his kit didn't look that big when I them in London last month.

klump

I dont think we have seen the "best" of dale crover yet. he`s not the kind of drummer who shows offto much.

but in originality and simplicity he is a GOD...
and what would meshuggah and tool sound like without the first melvins albums?

Stimpy

One of the things that I love in Dale's setup is "the crasher". I spent years listening to the melvins without knowing what that sound was. It always seemed to me that he was banging a pile of chains. Fuckin powerful!
I bought one, as soon as i knew what it was, must say that it was one of my best buys ever. Pretty cheap to.

Songs like "revolve" or "the bloat" surely are a good example for this.

Jem

I didn't know you could buy them! i thought he just screwwed a couple of thin sheets of metal together.

jolly

Yeah, I think ribbon crashers originally came into use in Latino big bands.
I don't know if Tito Puente ever used one though.

Dale also uses very large sticks, like marching band size.

Stimpy

Check this:

http://www.rhythmtech.com/05/products/eng/eng_pages/crasher.html

It's a nice picture of what I got. You can also screw thin sheets together, as long as you follow this idea. I have a friend who copied mine as soon as I got it, and i must say, that sometimes his crasher sounds better than the original.

Hugs.