Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minneapolis Kid

Quote from: homeless_dad on June 18, 2016, 09:08:56 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on June 18, 2016, 08:35:34 PM
Curious - I love the Beatles and I love this cover - (especially dig the bass playing and the chorus section) - is the dislike of the track the song, the performance or the Beatles?
Listener error.
I still don't get the hate.  I found it one of their best covers of late.

Yeah I absolutely love it. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs and I think they covered it great. I'm loving Stevens back up vocals on that song a lot.
All the haters are just being hipsters.  :wink:

meezer

Yes. It sounds weird. But I believe it's supposed to sound like a Beatles 45 on a shitty player. Even on the CD. I love it, but i wish all the novelty stuff was at the end of the album.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on June 18, 2016, 08:35:34 PM
is the dislike of the track the song, the performance or the Beatles?
None really. Although 'I Want To Tell You' isn't one of my favourite Beatles songs, i do like The Beatles. I mean, Revolver is a great record! I just find this song not what i want to hear from Melvins, or more correctly it doesn't fit with the rest of the album for me. It's so out of place and a bit naff.

Quote from: blacksanta on June 18, 2016, 10:34:30 PM
It plods along with a squalling midrange tone without any asskick or point.
Yes, that's it!

John Schuller

Damn. I do have to say Melvins fans are indeed music fans. Good answers all around from the likers and the dislikers. I am just glad no one said "I hate the Beatles." (insert your "I hate the Beatles" comment now.)

oldies radio

All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(PAUL)

Sounds like there might be a music video for Hideous Woman coming out at some point?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

BERZERKER

Ran Basses Loaded for the first time on my car stereo today and when I drove to fetch lunch War Pussy came on. God almighty that blew me away, the song title is so so, but the riffs, Buzz` vocals, the track in general, Melvins excactly how I view them, to the bone!

))))((((

Just seen the music video for 'Hideous Woman'. Worst Melvins music video yet! So bad i don't even wanna link it!

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 27, 2016, 09:57:19 AM
Just seen the music video for 'Hideous Woman'. Worst Melvins music video yet! So bad i don't even wanna link it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhK4m-frkQ
I got the shits real bad.

DToxico

I don't love it but don't understand what makes it so unspeakably terrible

Not trying to be a dick and I mean this in the sincerest way possible but judging from your posts isn't everything they do now the worst [blank] ever up to this point?

))))((((

Quote from: DToxico on June 28, 2016, 11:41:37 AM

I don't love it but don't understand what makes it so unspeakably terrible

Not trying to be a dick and I mean this in the sincerest way possible but judging from your posts isn't everything they do now the worst [blank] ever up to this point?
This is my worst post ever! No, it's okay that's a valid question and i can see why people wonder why i say things like that. I didn't say it was "terrible" i just said it was my least liked so far. I was kind of joking about the link thing.