Melvins 2017?

Started by BERZERKER, September 13, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BERZERKER

Quote from: DToxico on September 14, 2016, 07:52:39 AM
It's being said that the new collab will be 'shocking' and something nobody, not even hardcore fans would have seen coming, right?



:shock: :shock:


POOP GRENADE

Given the closeness with Tool/Adam Jones, it's not too far fetched to think of a joint release or collaboration.  Tool recently prevailed in a lawsuit with their old record company, and there have been rumblings of a new record/tour in the last 6-months...

I know there are a number of Tool-haters on this board, but even those people have to admit the two bands highly influence one another.  The sounds on Melvins tracks "Divorced" and others featuring Jones (Pigs of the Roman Empire, the Biafra project, Colossus of Destiny) would be cool to explore over a full length and with dualing bass and drum kits..goddam.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on September 14, 2016, 06:26:38 AM
Waiting for the Void Manes collab, defo want to see Buzz use that huge modular synth he's been given.

Well, the Throbbing Gristle single has a longer tracklist than the actual songs featured on that release: four extra titles featuring Void Manes and Buzz... supposedly they were going to be released someday.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

(the) Razor

https://m.facebook.com/voidmanes/

See the Facebook post from September 9th....I would say it's this.
Don't click this

Mount Ambulance

Its funny back when the Chicken Switch remix came out pretty much everyone 'round here ('cept a select few) bitched and shit on it ...  even the Void Manes remix ... "its just noise" blah blah crap ... now a few years later everyone is all hyped on this endeavor ... hahaha ... go listen to some Macronympha and call me in the morning ... Stella!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGBcI863W9E


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RZeY85PaY

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on September 14, 2016, 03:25:45 PM
Its funny back when the Chicken Switch remix came out pretty much everyone 'round here ('cept a select few) bitched and shit on it ...  even the Void Manes remix ... "its just noise" blah blah crap ... now a few years later everyone is all hyped on this endeavor ... hahaha ... go listen to some Macronympha and call me in the morning ... Stella!!

Really? Because I still don't care about that album.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

(the) Razor

Yeah, not sure I follow that logic. Id wager it would be more like the Lustmord collaboration rather than the Chicken Switch which was pretty difficult.
Don't click this

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: (the) Razor on September 14, 2016, 06:03:22 PM
Id wager it would be more like the Lustmord collaboration rather than the Chicken Switch which was pretty difficult.

Love POTRE but I hope this is way more "difficult". Be cool if no guitar or bass (maybe some drums ... lots of cymbals!) just everyone tweaking on effects

Bengerman

Im going to venture to say it's gonna be an album of nothing but synthesizers. No bass or guitars. I would hope there are still drums though. They just finished the kunka album which was mostly bass.
I do hope they get down to an album proper though. The last 4 or 5 have been "distracted." I do think an album with Stevie Mac would be quite good. Seeing him on the last tour I realized how good of a bassist he is. I didn't like how he did the stops at the beginning of eye flys but I liked how he changed up euthanasia. And he handled halo of flies as if he were Dennis Dunnaway himself.

FartLips

Judy is mad.🤣

DToxico

Not shocking enough

Or maybe the shocking part is that this time it's someone who the fans would have dismissed for being too obvious a choice? :shock:

FartLips

Quote from: DToxico on September 22, 2016, 01:13:33 PM
Not shocking enough

Or maybe the shocking part is that this time it's someone who the fans would have dismissed for being too obvious a choice? :shock:
i dont want shocking, i want good.
Judy is mad.🤣

DToxico

So do I, I'd love a collab with Helms Alee, just saying that doesn't quite seem to follow the way it's being hyped/referred to.

Chief Ten Beers

Something with Robert Fripp would rule all, and I would never rule it out since Adam Jones is the mutual connection.

Claypool/Primus. They've crossed paths lately on the road. Les seems always up for a collab with new/different people. I wouldn't bet any money on this though.


meezer

Would have been sweet if they would have had a split with HA going into the tour, like the last Le Butcherettes tour. A $5 CD, two songs each. Lino carve cover by Haze. Sell the vinyl later, t-shirts, the whole deal.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix