Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

I love Steve's impressions of Buzz in that interview. He actually captures his voice and personality pretty well. Hilarious stuff. It was funny also that Steven kept thinking he played on 'Working With God'. Then again, when he detailed how Buzz works, i suppose it makes sense that Steven felt a bit out of step and bewildered with what is going on in the studio and where each finished song may land as regards albums.

Somewhat related, i find it surprising that so many musicians tend to have really bad recall or knowledge of the music they have made. Often folk forget the correct song titles or what albums certain songs are on.

black stallion

heartandsorry

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 23, 2021, 06:59:50 PM
Somewhat related, i find it surprising that so many musicians tend to have really bad recall or knowledge of the music they have made. Often folk forget the correct song titles or what albums certain songs are on.

Very common with musicians songs usually have different forms and even different names before finally settling on the structure and name of a song that we all know as the definitive end product.

Some songwriters have songs kicking around for years even decades before finally coming up with a way to finish that song, Jerry Cantrell has a song on his new solo album that was first written around the time of Layne Staley's death and Guns N' Roses just played a 'new' song last night at a show that was first written in it's original form about 20 years ago.

amazonAMAZON

Oh man that GnR song is a head scratcher. A song that was already too weird for Chinese Democracy. The verses don't sound at all like what we expect of Axl Rose. I literally thought "which band member is doing this awful British accent?" Lo and behold it is Axl. And the signature Axl screech is not performed live, but instead played as a sample. And the music video is a bad CGI rendering of a Medusa type demon eventually vomiting at the camera. In some ways it's punk as fuck. "We haven't recorded together in 30 years, so for our first time back let's make a profane mess of something that sounds like a cover song done for a 1999 comic book soundtrack." Hopefully this is their way of stemming the feverish anticipation for new proper GnR material. But fuck. There's a high probability well just get North Korean Democracy if anything.

black stallion

CoryCory

Solid 2019 interview. His takes on Lombardo/Fantomas and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are pretty hilarious.

Definitely goes into politics and social issues pretty well, along with a solid film talk at the end and a lot of personal philosophies. Really enjoyed the listen on that.

))))((((

I thought he was a bit harsh on Lombardo there. The way he spoke was almost like he hated the guy yet it seemed that wasn't true. I find it interesting how a band can record several records together, go on several tours around the world and yet still say they don't know each other. How does that happen? Anyway it made me laugh when he mentioned Dale's Howard Stern show. Good interview.

jules

Does anyone have any footage of the Meltors (Dale, Dillard and Novoselic) ?