What Melvins album did you start with?

Started by Fast and Bulbous, July 16, 2006, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Idlehanz

Cool.  I guess I haven't really thought about someone going from a Melvins side-project fan to a Melvins fan instead of vice-versa.  I like that though.  Shows the greatness of everyone.  So much musical input and views.  I wish we could start our own damn country sometimes.  I could use some company around here.

Vampire Tapes

Yeah. I think i got into Melvins through Fantomas. First album i bought was Stoner Witch.

testicles of doom

I actually bought Houdini on yellow cassette, without knowing the Nirvana connection.  I saw "Honey Bucket" on headbanger's ball of all things.  After hearing "Night Goat" I was hooked.  After that I found a used copy of the Deep Six comp (which led me to Skin Yard as well as more Melvins) and a used 10 songs CD, back before the glory days of finding everything on the internet... this was real hardcore record shopping the old fashioned way.

Buzzocut

I'm kind of a brand new fan. I had known their name for a few years, but then I saw Beck's "Beercan" video which features a guest appearance by Buzzo, and I had no clue who he was at the time, and somebody said that that guy was Jack Black, but then someone told that guy to go to the link, so I decided to check 'em out, and I saw some clip of the band watching music videos. First they watch some of Madonna's "Like A Virgin", then fast forwarded to the "Beercan" video. I was curious about the group, so I looked them up, but then I was afraid to check them out, because people were calling them grunge, and Kurt Cobain was involved with them, and also produced songs on "Houdini", but then I watched the videos for "Hooch" and "Honey Bucket", and didn't think it was that bad, and I thought they sounded more metal than grunge, so I decided to buy a used copy of "Houdini" and said "Fuck it, I don't care if the people who know I don't like grunge start nagging me saying 'WTF?' things and stuff like that.".

jiznames

started with OZMA, bullhead, & Eggnog.  favorite band ever since.  probably listen to Honkey, Mangled Demos and the Maggot the most.  that will change soon since i cant stop listening to ASA. like HAT and 26 songs too.   seen em  4 times.  missoula 2x , potland 2x 
'91 back when i was seeing a lot of shows nirvana, pj, alice in chains, metallica, tribe after tribe, metallica , then later helmet, neurosis , seaweed  all stand out -  but nothing was really heavy enough.  then in Oregon if found FLoater and Sleep . ahhhhh.
  like me some tool and norma jean and even a little mastadon and Shadows Fall, but mainly only heavier shit now.  boris, high on fire, big biz, porn all do it for me but the melvies are king shit.  this board "sure is dope" and i thank you all.  never thought there were so many real fans but i am pretty isolated.  nice know there is a capable army out there.