mu-mu's

Started by Leroy, March 06, 2009, 08:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy

For almost 10 years, the Melvins have been wearing mu-mu's on stage.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but why do they wear mu-mu's?

black stallion

to hide their bellies
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

ElGrampo

www.myspace.com/rokkosadventures
www.rokkosadventures.at

glen

rumor has it there was a bet some teen years ago involving some other band, not sure who now, that if the melvins lost, they would have to wear dresses onstage.  if I know the story right I believe it was new years eve.   buzz chose a mumu and dale chose lingerie. and this is how the prior tradition of dale in a black neglige' got started.  I guess from that point on they decided to keep the gear.  or was it if they lost the bet they had to wear dresses onstage for one full year?   someone else might know the finer details.
but either way I do know there was a wager invloved and it was on new years eve.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

didn't know of  that bet,remember when Dale wore the lingerie,was cool!and what's the story with that gaymelvins site,is someone from this board involved?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

glen

Quote from: black stallion on March 06, 2009, 09:03:59 AM
what's the story with that gaymelvins site,is someone from this board involved?

you could say that.    look to the man who pays the bills here.  he might just have some first hand knowledge of THE MELVINS IS GAY.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bathroom creep

I always like to think they wear the mumus because of that one Simpsons episode "King-Size Homer"

:D
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Justafilthylurker

It started as a gimick, but Buzz has found that it is pretty easy to wash and maintain a Mumu on a hectic touring schedule.

didlisquat

Dale was in to the speedo only back in the 90's
when man's only distant relative
has descended on his own
you will know

nothintothenotice

we've been through this before.....ITS A TUNIC!

MrJunkie

Dunno if it's intentional...but more and more Buzz is lookin' very Uncle Fester like.
"joe s preston esquire"

Jaron

According to David Yow it's a mumu.

the ether bunny

yeah, but hes crazy. i always thought of them as prom dresses.
he was a mongoloid.

cara

Im not sure.. Does a mumu have to happen for a reason?

(the) Razor

It's actually my favourite Simpsons episode....

"I don't want to look like a weirdo.... I'll just go with a muumuu" then it cuts to him walking out of the shop with that white hat and fat green muumuu on.... :lol:
Don't click this