New Melvins album in 2010

Started by Zzubelad, December 11, 2009, 06:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bloat

I agree with everyone who feels like NWB and ASA are same-ish. Obviously they are different with different songs and so forth, but it's not like comparing Honky to the Maggot or Bootlicker to Gluey Porch Treatments. They need to break out of this recent comfort zone and get back to what made 'em great. Experimentin'. Weirdness  - which I think they were going for with 'Chickenswitch'. Left-of-center and heavy as fuck.

I will be disappointed to hear another 'Nude With Boots' even though I think it's great and all.

gesundheit

If NWB and ASA are "same-ish" then so are Houdini and Stoner Witch, Eggnog and Lysol, Gluey and Ozma...Catch my drift?

Edit: and by no means am I going to have any sort of expectation for this album to meet any kind of requirements that I might have...to be honest, you all sound like a bunch of fucking weirdos..a Melvins COUNTRY album...wtf?? How can you say that you'd like to hear something obscure and different like that instead of the Melvins playing new Melvins songs. I think you all need your head checked.

the bloat

QuoteIf NWB and ASA are "same-ish" then so are Houdini and Stoner Witch, Eggnog and Lysol, Gluey and Ozma...Catch my drift?

I think we would all agree that yes, those records can all be lumped together. I guess I am hoping for something different. What will be their next "phase"? Country? God, I hope not.

molotov

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 21, 2009, 01:20:46 PM
I agree with all of this.

Quote from: Like Stee on December 21, 2009, 01:10:34 PM
I agree that all Melvins albums are great (with the exception of Chickenswitch, but that was only barely a Melvins album), but I'm ready for something substantially different than ASA and NWB.  Here's hoping for either something mellower ala Honky/Bootlicker, or something heavier and noisier ala HAT/POTRE.  I'd go for country too.  Buzz is a huge fan of The Lucky Stars and got them hooked up with Ipecac for Hollywood & Western, which is a great album.  Collaboration?
I would it.

grays harbor mafia

i would not want to hear a melvins country album.. yeah it would be "different" but come on... ya can't be serious?
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

molotov

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on December 21, 2009, 11:37:26 PM
i would not want to hear a melvins country album.. yeah it would be "different" but come on... ya can't be serious?
Not the whole country album. I'd like to see a couple of country songs. It's like a seasoning for a good dish.

(the) Razor

Quote from: ManWithNoName on December 21, 2009, 10:23:26 AM
I don't get all this NWB hate. What's wrong with it? NOTHING, THAT"S WHAT!

B-sides to ASA, terrible mix, bad vocals on some tracks. Weakest melvins song ever recorded in history....The Stupid Song Creep.

But apart from that it's still good! To each their own.
Don't click this

black stallion

Quote from: Razor on December 22, 2009, 01:07:41 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on December 21, 2009, 10:23:26 AM
I don't get all this NWB hate. What's wrong with it? NOTHING, THAT"S WHAT!

The Stupid Song Creep.

i always thought that song has an Altamont vibe
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Chomas

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on December 21, 2009, 11:37:26 PM

linoleum blownapart

i hope it is like bobby mcferin with buzz going chug chug chug wweeeeeeee, jarad going boom boom bang, and dale and cody going tap tap ching. and no singing.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Like Stee

Quote from: Razor on December 22, 2009, 01:07:41 AMbad vocals on some tracks.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed that.  Dog Island which should have been the heaviest most baddest assed song on the album was ruined by the vocals from about 5:10 to 5:30 which are all flat.  It's surprising to me that with that many talented musicians and engineers in the room that no one was bothered by the vocals being that far off pitch.  Other than that most of the vocals are pretty great though.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

irezumi

My latest predictions...

from the offices of Clear Channel

QuoteThe Melvins are going to make another multi artist collaborative album; not unlike The Crybaby but taken in a new & different direction. Buzz & Dale have long been awaiting the chance to work with some of these fine artists, and boy were we wonderfully surprised with the fresh new sound that you can't wait to hear!!

Join me as we look at the exciting hot artists on the new album and what they plan to do to 'bring it'!! 

Kenny G joins the gang for an uplifting catchy tune with a bit of an 'urban' vibe to it, a hot little number called 'Splashin' through Puddles'

Billy Joel takes it to another level when he adds the pearly ivories to the band's sound when they play 'Driving around Town'

Phil Collins brings his kit to the show to rock alongside Dale & Coady for a 3 drummer extravaganza called 'Dont wait for me, I'll catch up in a sec'

You have never heard a more rockin' version of Lionel Richie's 'Hello (is it me your looking for) until you hear him work his magic with the gang!

Rod Stewart is at his best here with a new hit called 'Dont forget about Me'

The Melvins help R. Kelly finish the story with the lost episodes of 'Trapped in the Closet'. Not to be missed.

Michael Bolton adds his golden tenor vocals to a smash called 'Lotion Music'

We couldn't gett all of them, but at least we got Barry & Robin Gibb

as we round third base on the album with a slow number called 'The years have not been kind'

The album slides home with a finish worthy of a standing ovation as they tear up 'Danger Zone' with the great Kenny Loggins

QuoteThis new take on adult contemporary is undoubtably  going to be one of the best Melvins releases of all time

Like Stee

Awesome.  I can't wait to hear those collaborations.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Captain CoryCory

So hit the fuckin' road,man, PISS UP A ROPE!

I'm not a big country fan, but that and some Johnny Cash are my big exceptions.

Anyways, it's another album to look forward to in 2010, along with High on Fire, OM (probably), WEEN, Jerry Lee Lewis. and any more not immediatly coming to mind.

chuckm792

FYI: Phil Collins has officially retired from playing the drums, so I don't expect he will be hitting the skins with Dale and Coady anytime soon.  He plans to continue to tour with the dulcet tones of his golden pipes, though!  But other than that, I'm sure irezumi's predictions are spot-on!
chuckm