New Melvins Record

Started by Braykfast, January 16, 2010, 06:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmDee

Quote from: Braykfast on January 22, 2010, 12:13:18 PM
Folks...we've hit post#13.

and the new record will be similar to the last two, with people saying, "Strange how this sounds like nothing I've heard before (but in a GOOD way."

And then there will be people crying about the lack of Rutmanis on the record.

And there will be people crying about the stupid TOOL influence on their new "Civilized Worm" track.

And some people will wish for the days of Mark D. or Lorax or Preston to return, just to show the new batch of Snivlem fans what it's like to REALLY rock.

And most will wonder, aloud, "Why the effing heck is this not on 180 Gram Vinyl, yo?"

And one guy will think this would sound, like, so totally rad (with a bit of awesome) if it was all, like, dub reggae, y'heard? Boiy?!

And then we'll acquiesce to the inevitable, and mutter to ourselves, "I wish I could put an album out this fucking good."

Melvins 2010. Soundtrack to the end of Lady Gagas everywhere.

this may be the best post on the history of this board...

(the) Razor

The production is shit I can't hear Dale's drums!
Don't click this

Captain CoryCory

I just can't wait. It's Melvins. It's gonna be good.

Like Stee

Cody last night on Twitter: "1st long form Melvins practice today. t-minus 10 days to recording. Things coming together nicely. New tricks!"
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Like Stee on January 23, 2010, 02:53:07 PM
Cody last night on Twitter: "1st long form Melvins practice today. t-minus 10 days to recording. Things coming together nicely. New tricks!"
Yes!  Good to hear.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Braykfast

Aren't tricks for Kids?

I get it now. First the spot on Pancake Mountain, then it was playing to the child-like Down fans...the next Melvins album will be Raffi covers.

Baby Beluga in drop D.

Melvins in 2010. This time it's Kindergarten.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Bitches of Copacabana

Quote from: Razor on January 22, 2010, 07:43:54 PM
The production is shit I can't hear Dale's drums!
More cowbell.
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

glen

Quote from: Braykfast on January 23, 2010, 03:59:29 PM
Aren't tricks for Kids?

true.
but isn't it about time silly rabbits got a chance at some?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Uncle Fester

this album will determine many things.

black stallion

The production is great I can  hear Dale's huge drum sound!
fixed
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Braykfast

Quote from: glen on January 25, 2010, 06:53:34 AM
Quote from: Braykfast on January 23, 2010, 03:59:29 PM
Aren't tricks for Kids?

true.
but isn't it about time silly rabbits got a chance at some?

I was referring to tricks being turned by prostitutes. You know...like sex, and things of that nature. So yes, in regards to your question, Rabbits should get some.

(the) Razor

Quote from: black stallion on January 25, 2010, 12:25:22 PM
The production is great I can  hear Dale's huge drum sound!
fixed

I hope so.

Toshi roams the internet....Someone should send him a copy of Stoner Witch or Lysol for the reference material!
Don't click this

(the) Razor

Not really concerned with what the reason is, just as long as the drums are audible and half decent - not buried. Although I can respect the fact they probably had a much bigger studio budget back in those days I guess.
Don't click this

Angus Khan

I don't know much about sound engineering but to my damaged ears I find the drum sound on the last two albums to be pretty good.  They still dominate to a degree.  I suppose there's more emphasis on vocals lately.  I think Jareds bass should be turned up however.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Braykfast

Quote from: Angus Khan on January 26, 2010, 11:12:04 AM
I think Jareds bass should be turned up however.

Seconded. After repeated listenings to the Big Business discogoraphy, Jared's bass is too effing good to stay quiet.