The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amputato

i find it a little hard to listen to.  it has a strange structure to it, ie:  i expect a heavy part here or there but they are in different places and it throws me off a little bit.  to my ears it seems the parts i like most of the cooler parts are dominated by BB. 

anyways, when i gave it a full first listen i didn't like it nearly as much as NWB, and i probably wouldn't listen to it that much.  and i'm pretty damn sure i said that about the last 3 or 4 albums and now can't understand why i would feel that way.  they are amazing albums.  so i hope Bride will grow on me more than i currently expect it to

Idlehanz

Funny how many new names I've seen in the last 3 pages. 

MrLuck87

Quote from: amputato on May 05, 2010, 09:11:00 AM
i find it a little hard to listen to.  it has a strange structure to it, ie:  i expect a heavy part here or there but they are in different places and it throws me off a little bit.  to my ears it seems the parts i like most of the cooler parts are dominated by BB. 

anyways, when i gave it a full first listen i didn't like it nearly as much as NWB, and i probably wouldn't listen to it that much.  and i'm pretty damn sure i said that about the last 3 or 4 albums and now can't understand why i would feel that way.  they are amazing albums.  so i hope Bride will grow on me more than i currently expect it to

I can already picture myself expecting the weird changes on the 20th listen and totally rocking out to it.  This is a very challenging album but that's why I love it so much.

I also second the guy who said this doesn't sound like any previous Melvins album.  It really doesn't but you can tell it's The Melvins.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Idlehanz on May 05, 2010, 09:17:56 AM
Funny how many new names I've seen in the last 3 pages.  
hahahaha this board has always been heavy with lurkers.

Back to the album, though, I think this is the Melvins' version/interpretation of jazz. Thoughts?

MrLuck87

Is that a rubber chicken I'm hearing at the end of Hospital Up?

Angus Khan

Are you guys still talking about the amazon samples or has the album leaked?
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Rev. Mike

It's a head scratcher, needs more time and the proper release in my hands for a few weeks I think.

Angus Khan

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 05, 2010, 09:45:17 AM
it has leaked
I think I'll wait.  I still have to properly listen to nude with boots.  I just never seem to play it.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Smash the State

why is already playable?

1 month before...

bathroom creep

Damn, this is exciting.  And right now I don't have proper internet... maybe that's a good reason to wait till its officially released. Or maybe I'll find a way to get it.  We'll see.  :D
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

h3r3t!c

At first listen, I didn't really enjoy it, but that means nothing (it took me veeeery long to enjoy the Maggot, but now I dig it!)
It's really a weird album, with strange changes, a strange structure and everything.

But I love when they do a bit of "My Sharona" ending it with "My Generation"!

glen

Quote from: Smash the State on May 05, 2010, 10:29:53 AM
why is already playable?

1 month before...

becuase some dishonest sneak with an advanced promotional copy shared it.

from there it was like wild fire. there was no stopping it.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

the baron

Anyone feel that the end of Hospital Up is making fun of the whole John Zorn crowd? I know Buzz has had a sly dig at him before.

It's funny too, I remember reading this board when A Senile Animal leaked and everyone was very subtle and coy about hearing it. Now a few years later and no-one gives a shit  :lol:

MrLuck87

Quote from: the baron on May 05, 2010, 11:24:55 AM
Anyone feel that the end of Hospital Up is making fun of the whole John Zorn crowd?

Actually those are my exact thoughts!  At first it annoyed me but now on my 6th listen I laugh my ass off every time that part comes up.  I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't make that a separate track like they did with Flush.  If they play Hospital Up live I will seriously be amazed if they play that part.

Oh oh oh!  And then it goes into Inhumanity and Death!  Dammit I love this album so much already!