Braykfast

I don't care. Wait...I guess I do.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

rictus

Quote from: glen on May 07, 2010, 12:36:11 PM
Quote from: Braykfast on May 07, 2010, 12:19:51 PM
beerguts.

I beg your pardon.  I'll have you know I'm a svelt 32" waist.

When you're 2 feet tall, a 32" waistline is pretty big.

bankrupt

Quote from: gesundheit on May 05, 2010, 06:35:50 PM
Based on the reviews (and I still haven't heard a single note, Day 2: still going strong, big whoop) the vibe I get is similar to my feelings on the albums Stoner Witch and Stag.

Just coming to the end of first listen, and my immediate reaction has been: seems like Stag, more than anything else.

Braykfast

When you're 2 feet tall, EVERYTHING is pretty big.

Especially the new, kickass Melvins album.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Leroy

The Melvins should have Toshi play 2nd guitar on stage so the guitar has less of a "backseat"

Mad Arab

Not only thieves but lazy too. Can someone write up a decent review? Only one has so far. People seem mixed up. One says Bullhead. Another says Stag. Another says The Maggot.

glen

Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 07, 2010, 03:11:27 PM
Not only thieves but lazy too. Can someone write up a decent review? Only one has so far. People seem mixed up. One says Bullhead. Another says Stag. Another says The Maggot.

I say it doesn't sound anything like any other MELVINS album I've heard.  in fact, I don't even really hear any songs that remind me of previous MELVINS songs.  for example: ______ is this album's Civilized Worm.

.......is something I might post had I heard the new album in its entirety.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

MrLuck87

Quote from: glen on May 07, 2010, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 07, 2010, 03:11:27 PM

I say it doesn't sound anything like any other MELVINS album I've heard.  in fact, I don't even really hear any songs that remind me of previous MELVINS songs.  for example: ______ is this album's Civilized Worm.

.......is something I might post had I heard the new album in its entirety.

Exactly.  That's why it blows my mind when people say this sounds anything like old material.

...Although the intro to Electric Flower kind of sounds like Second Coming on steroids...if you smoke a little crack too.

luiandlui

Quote from: MrLuck87 on May 06, 2010, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: Angus Khan on May 06, 2010, 01:47:03 PM
Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks.

Nomeansno

Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks while frequently touring and releasing high quality albums that are always unpredictable.

No one.

I instantly thought of Nomeansno when I read that question too, although I'd have probably answered them for the second question too.
I couldn't remember my name, so I called myself Bob. Its weird being a Bob. But I'll get used to it... I'll have to.

MrLuck87

Quote from: luiandlui on May 07, 2010, 04:47:04 PM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on May 06, 2010, 02:07:51 PM
Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks.

Nomeansno

Melvins never let me down.  Name one other band that has existed as long and hasn't sucked or split up or reformed for big bucks while frequently touring and releasing high quality albums that are always unpredictable.

No one.

I instantly thought of Nomeansno when I read that question too, although I'd have probably answered them for the second question too.

One LP in the past 10 years doesn't count as frequently releasing albums.  Their tours seems to be pretty rare too.  However if you count the Hanson Brothers I'd probably agree.

chuckm792

NoMeansNo usually tours a couple of times a year, just generally in Canada and Europe.  Lately it seems as though the US is every other year.  They are slow about releasing albums, though.
chuckm

FartLips

this will get about as much play out of me as nwb, which is notmuch at all.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Idlehanz

Quote from: FART LIPS on May 07, 2010, 06:32:57 PM
Blasphemy!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: FART LIPS on May 07, 2010, 06:32:57 PM
:o
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

ManWithNoName

That .gif is the best. I <3 it.