The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonE5

Quote from: Melvy on June 27, 2010, 12:04:14 AM
Quote from: (((O))) on June 26, 2010, 03:41:30 PM
When you say Hospital Up is your favourite im guessing (perhaps wrongly) that you dont include the comedy jazz outro in your evaluation? Ha, i skip that bit every single time i listen! As for myself im all about Evil New War God and Electric Flower.

On iTunes you can choose when songs start/end. Just have the song end @ 4:11.

WOW! I feel retarded. I never realized that you can do that. Been using iTunes for a few years now. Thank you, this is going to be fun.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on June 27, 2010, 07:25:19 AM
"The next album will be entirely free jazz with Jared SCAT singing.... "

:lol: Did You Say Scat Singing ?...

Chocolate Soft Serve (Eat da Poo Poo Remix)

Melvy

Quote from: jonE5 on June 27, 2010, 11:01:24 AM
Quote from: Melvy on June 27, 2010, 12:04:14 AM
Quote from: (((O))) on June 26, 2010, 03:41:30 PM
When you say Hospital Up is your favourite im guessing (perhaps wrongly) that you dont include the comedy jazz outro in your evaluation? Ha, i skip that bit every single time i listen! As for myself im all about Evil New War God and Electric Flower.

On iTunes you can choose when songs start/end. Just have the song end @ 4:11.

WOW! I feel retarded. I never realized that you can do that. Been using iTunes for a few years now. Thank you, this is going to be fun.

I'm totally OCD so I do it for just about every song I have.

I make sure any unnecessary silence/noise/fade outs are eliminated in all of my music.

andy the angry bald man

i liked the album as soon as i first heard it, but with each listen, i find it gets better and better.  and, much like ASA and NWB, after seeing the songs played live, they get that much better.  i couldn't get into "the water glass" at first, until i saw it live...  then it all made sense for me. 

then again, i can't think of any melvins release i haven't liked...

anaconda

*4 thumbs up* Hospital Up, jazz schlock ending included

kraftwerkd

(a) Senile Animal I find to be a more straight-up riffage type beast.
Nude With Boots is the more rock'n'roll, fuck everything type madness.
And The Bride Screamed Murder is just like.. fuck. It's the pitchfork that caught (a)SA/NWB on a good day.

anaconda

great way of putting it.

TBSM
(A)SA
NWB
in my books

anaconda

also, does anyone else get a 'Jesus Christ Pose' vibe out of the 1:04 - 1:44 part on Inhumanity and Death,
and then a Honky vibe from the 2:00 til the end point?

gesundheit

Not sure about the JCP comparison...

As soon as I heard the second part of Inhumanity and Death I was immediately reminded of the second part of Mombius Hibachi.

anaconda

yes!! Jesus Christ pose into Mombius (Honky) thank you sir!!

Dumpster D

actually I got that too, and for that matter the last three albums ALL have riffs that sound like different era's come back, like the most obvious one it the bass line from Crybaby's 12 minute death mach turned up in senile animal, my theory is jared and coady probably were like "yeah, buzz..remember the riff in THAT song? it's awesome! we should splice it in with this other older sounding melvins riff!"  well some of it's a little modified but I'll be damned to name everything right off the top of my head.

I dunno, they did that a couple of times where they mixed two older sounding riffs together, or back to back and it REALLY worked out great!

some of it is more subltle and may be more reflecting buzz's style more than anything...but out on a limb there's a handfull of things to the notice.

next time I go through all those albums I'll try and compile the "re-issue" riffs, an post it up one of these days.

black stallion

yes conda,i can hear the JCP vibe on that riff  8)

Quote from: gesundheit on July 04, 2010, 06:06:42 PM
As soon as I heard the second part of Inhumanity and Death I was immediately reminded of the second part of Mombius Hibachi.
true!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

nightwolf

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on June 27, 2010, 07:25:19 AM
The next album will be entirely free jazz with Jared scat singing. The Melvins are just preparing you is all. They will cover the jazz standard "It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing".

Quote from: nightwolf on March 18, 2010, 05:17:47 PM
i heard the new album in my dream this morning
it sounded like a lounge jazz version of gluey porch treatments

glen

Quote from: anaconda on June 30, 2010, 09:55:41 PM
*4 thumbs up* Hospital Up, jazz schlock ending included

I'd like to hear the mysterious rest of Electric Flower.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

pinkyslim

Quote from: rhyme orange on July 11, 2010, 01:38:33 AM
listen to something like kings of the wild frontier and tell me you don't hear that on bride.  

NO way MELVINS are that gay!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]