BULLHEAD

Started by turnacus, August 11, 2003, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopafeena

For me, it's gotta be Zodiac.

I love the whole album but for some reason Zodiac has always stood out for me.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

norecess

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on December 15, 2005, 11:27:38 PM
. . . and If I Had An Exorcism: that outro, the ocillation, those gross muffled vocals.

I LOVE what Dale mumbles at the beginning of the song? Or is it Buzz? Live it varies.

CaptainPungent

i agree with all of you, all the songs rock on the album.  when i first heard the album my favs were anaconda and if i had an exorcism.  i was once in a band where we covered if i had an exorcism.  fun song to play.

AlmightyRetard

Yeah, Bullhead IS my favourite album of all time.. by any band.

I'd say Boris and Anaconda are the best songs. They're both powerful and sludgy. They always get me in a good mood.
I like fucking corpses

Guts

It's so hard to pick just one.....I think I'll pick Zodiac. That's the song I liked most when I first listened. The change of pace is great and I really like the lyrics at the end.
No TV and no beer make Guts something something....

Huey P. Newton

Cranial Bifida

rhett E rock

Ligature, It's Shoved, Cow, Your Blessened, If I Had An Exorcism.  the album version of Boris can go to hell.  this album has one of the strangest feels to it i must say. 

rhett E rock

Your Blessened, if i had to narrow it down.  sorry.  i'm listening to the album as i type this.

coodies

I'd go with "Anaconda"for the ferocious energy and "Boris" a close second for that cool guit. solo and quiet ending.

CaptainPungent

i think the album version of boris is spectacular.  it's so sinful and heavy.  the best part for me is the end where there's no drums (that's guitar playing at the end, right?)  buzz sings the end lyrics so well and acts them out so great.  i don't know what the fuck he's talking about, but i sure do love whatever it is.

grungehead

boris i love the slowness of this song its almo0st doomy cool side of the melvins also

norecess

Quote from: grungehead on December 19, 2005, 02:31:37 PM
boris i love the slowness of this song its almo0st doomy cool side of the melvins also

Have you listened to Lysol yet?

stonerwitch

You sink a my swan

CaptainPungent

the first songs of lysol are insane.  i remember the first time i heard it, it was a rainy, cloudy day and i was playing video games.  it was the soundtrack for what environment i was in.  it got me kinda depressed, actually.  very spacey.  still good though.  anyway, getting off topic again, does anyone know why lysol is a one track album, or have a good guess why it is?  it's not like fantomas' delirium cordia where you can obviously tell it should be one track, i think in the melvins' case they should have named the full track one name, it's just kinda weird to me.  i guess with me, albums like that, i like to switch around songs.
yeah, i know norecess' question was for grungehead, just wanted to give ya my input.