Pigs of the Roman Empire

Started by Dr. Gonzo, August 07, 2004, 01:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Vcavallo

Quote from: tonyyours [posts] were like being forced to sit there and read the words of...

er, wait, that's what we WERE all forced to endure.

forced, tony?  come on...  i don't think even you can justify that.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

anaconda

ya, tony IS getting a little cocky but i like him more, still though man
this and then refering to himself as a galaxy in the other topic,
well maybe since a galaxy is a vast void  existing in a vaccum then
maybe theyre similar!

but seriously man, put your money where your mouth is, c'mon
you talk alot of air, but there's very little action! it's not hard tony,
i just played, recorded and mixed this rhythm track in one afternoon,
listen and see how easily it's done:


http://lazerman.netomia.dk/Jesus_Don't_Like.mp3

benton netty

Quote from: anacondaya, tony IS getting a little cocky but i like him more, still though man
this and then refering to himself as a galaxy in the other topic,
well maybe since a galaxy is a vast void  existing in a vaccum then
maybe theyre similar!

but seriously man, put your money where your mouth is, c'mon
you talk alot of air, but there's very little action! it's not hard tony,
i just played, recorded and mixed this rhythm track in one afternoon,
listen and see how easily it's done:


http://lazerman.netomia.dk/Jesus_Don't_Like.mp3

god, you're still on this.

i listened to your track. it was a minute of a chopped-up drum loop with some noises in the background. more interesting than much of pigs of the roman empire, but not enough to impress me. just being honest.

and i'm still not posting anything of mine. doesn't that just drive you nuts?

Kurva

Quote from: tony
and i'm still not posting anything of mine. doesn't that just drive you nuts?

yes.
it dozent.

anaconda

I already am nuts, and no it doesn't bother me in the least.
Here's another one where I got a little more involved, and
actually laid down some guitar and keys:


http://lazerman.netomia.dk/Jesu_of_Toronto.mp3

zium

i don't think i have posted anything in this huge thread yet so here it is

GrimReaper

Great release. I know i'm behind on this but I planned on getting Pigs at the San Fran show.

The first time through this release I couldn't help thinking of King Crimson, like side two of Larks' Tonguues in Aspic, The Talking Drum sort of vibe following Easy Money.

I'm greatful for all the material the Mevins put out the last cople of years, and I mean Buzz, Dale, and Kevin's other projects as well. What an incredible body of work.

I'm curious if anyone here has heard of Lustmord before?

GR

Leroy

A lot of the songs from this album would fit well in a Silent Hill game.

Galvano

Is she saying "tea bag" at the end of Pink Bat?   :twisted:

FartLips

Quote from: GalvanoIs she saying "tea bag" at the end of Pink Bat?   :twisted:
hey i like tea bagging.  :lol:
Judy is mad.🤣

exide

I want to hear your art!Please everybody install  peace on this board!Don't know...Discourage...About life and manly friendship :) Maybe I am a jerk...

Vow

After seeing the Melvins performing Pigs of the Roman Empire live the cd gets a whole other dimension!!! This album is growing and growing every time when I give it a spin. It needs to be played at maximum volume. Nice job by Lustmord. The big bangs programmed are amazing to say at least. Like a plane going to the soundbarrier.

spread regal beagle

I like that cd. I think it sounds cool. It's like the noise got a much needed dose of production. An interesting collaboration to say the least

alnis

I really like Pigs. it's a good mix of some nifty textures and some good ol rock and roll. I feel like it could have been about 10 minutes shorter, but that's not a big deal.

What it's really good for is grocery shopping. Put it on the headphones and then look for some good produce.

Alnis

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Hmmmm...

I have been checking on Lustmord's site recently. Seems he has done collaborations with other disparate creatives as well...

ARTIST: HECATE VS. LUSTMORD
TITLE: Law of the Battle of Conquest
LABEL: HYMEN / ANT-ZEN
 
DESCRIPTION: Only on rare occasions do such opposites converge to create an enduring state of struggle. Of course Hymen does not postulate that Hecate vs. Lustmord's confrontational sonic assault "Law of the Battle of Conquest" is so pure a pairing of opposites - but it's damned close. Where the struggle of chaos vs. controlled atmospheres, of hellish breakbeats vs. dark drones takes the form of four riveting tracks. Rachael Kozak pushes the aggressive, the combative, the raw power of percussive sound in her recordings as Hecate, stressing the dominance of breakbeat as well as contemporary noise fury. Brian Williams, on the other hand, has a history running into the 80s of voicing subtler emotions like isolation, angst, and dysphoria as ambience, working as a sound designer for Graeme Revell as well as releasing genre-defining dark ambient albums under the Lustmord name. It's from four Lustmord albums in particular that the tracks on "Law of the Battle of Conquest" arise. In fact, the ferocity of Hecate's rhythmic prowess conjures a new whole by alchemizing an entire Lustmord album in each track. Lustmord's "This Monstrous Soul' from 1992 spawns Hecate's 'Monstrosity,' shredding the brooding minimal overtones of the original with horrific walls of rolling bass and apocalyptic breaks to accentuate a frantic tempo. A similarly toned 'Strong Attractron' (from 1996's "Strange Attractor/Black Star" 12-inch) together with 'Monstrosity' bookends 'Megavoid' and 'Heresy Resurrected' - where aphex-aceed drum patterns over 2001's Metavoid impart martial visions of the future, while Hecate invokes hades' noise from 1990's heresy through human and werewolf screams from graeme revell. 'I tried to make a track represent the original feeling of what Brian had in mind,' says Kozak. 'I think she reinterpreted it in a very unique way, and I admire what she did with it,' replies Brian, noting that because they initiated their friendship on that fateful morning in september 2001, the project took on a personal significance for both of them. 'She decoded the old and infused new sounds and a new spirit, blending both into something that is true to the original while pushing it into new areas. She made the old fresh and relevant in a new/different world.' 'Over the years there have been opportunities to have my material remixed, but I couldn't really see the point,' continues Brian. 'But Rachael is fresh and full of energy, and I feel a real empathy for where she's coming from sonically, so I knew the results would be interesting...'
ITEM NUMBER: 04800 FORMAT: LP PRICE: $12.99
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please