Melvins on The JukeBox

Started by JUDY, January 16, 2012, 03:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

My favourite watering-hole has this Jukebox, right?

I've been scheming to get Melvins on there. I bought a copy of Stoner Witch, because I figured a full length album and art work would be the way to go. You really can't go wrong with The Witch that is Stoner.

Someone else recently suggested a mix, instead. I mean, if I can get Melvins in, I'm going to want some variety. Of course I'm being selfish here, because I can't see too many others paying money to have their ears/balls crushed. Sorry bastards.

So, if YOU were in a bar, and saw a jukebox by the bloody mary bar, what Melvins album/songs would you want to hear? Would you prefer it to be an assortment, or a full album?

Potentially, us locals could arrange another BBS meeting, and hijack the whole thing.
Fill it with bananas, rig it so that every option is an unexpected, extended version of COLOSSUS OF DESTINY.

Jozzy

Macs Bar in Lansing actually has Stoner Witch in their jukebox.

(((O)))

Altho how that would work with all the split tracks would be interesting.  :?

JUDY

Quote from: Jozzy on January 16, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

Really? Awesome. Never been there, but I know the name....

So in other words, it's written that I need to one up.

)))((( - funny you should say that. I would indeed get Maggot, but like you said, the track split up would fuck it up...(or maybe make it more interesting, who knows?) Jukebox's do not play things in order....

Ok kids, off to work. Keep the suggestions coming, and I'll report back later.

perzo)))

there was one at a bowling alley near me that had-stoner witch/houdini and stag.
of course i had something to do w/that.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

Jozzy

Quote from: erichka on January 16, 2012, 03:31:16 PM
Quote from: Jozzy on January 16, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

Really? Awesome. Never been there, but I know the name....

So in other words, it's written that I need to one up.

)))((( - funny you should say that. i would indeed get Maggot, but like you said, the track split up would fuck it up...(or maybe make it more interesting, who knows?) Jukebox's don't play things in order....

Ok kids, off to work. Keep the suggestions coming, and I'll report back later.

It's a pretty awesome little dive bar. Seen High on Fire, Mastodon(glen's number 1 band), Weedeater, Uphill Battle, Mouth of the Architect, Misery Index, Magrudergrind, Stinking Lizaveta and ton of other bands there.

But yeah, back on topic..I would probably put either Bullhead or Stag in the jukebox.

JUDY

Quote from: Jozzy on January 16, 2012, 03:37:21 PM
But yeah, back on topic..I would probably put either Bullhead or Stag in the jukebox.
Which reminds me...every time I try to order Houdini or Stag into my store, it gets canceled by the vendor.
Does anyone have an answer for this? BHM, I'm looking at you.

Hmmmf.

Bullhead is here, and was actually my first choice when I was scheming this. I can pick that up, easy.

Idlehanz

I've been to a few bars here in town that have Melvins in the jukebox.  I also know that Zeitgeist in SF had a lot of Melvins.  Probably due to Cheeseburger :)

Before I left my hometown me and some friends we able to talk the owner of our favorite hangout to put Stoner Witch in.  I think we were the only ones to play it.

I'd prefer albums, but a mix would probably be easier to get put in the box.

JUDY

Quote from: Idlehanz on January 16, 2012, 10:09:37 PM
I've been to a few bars here in town that have Melvins in the jukebox.  I also know that Zeitgeist in SF had a lot of Melvins.  Probably due to Cheeseburger :)
Betchya having Melvins on Jukebox is way more common on your coast.....

Before I left my hometown me and some friends we able to talk the owner of our favorite hangout to put Stoner Witch in.  I think we were the only ones to play it.
Nice. the box also has LOCUST ABORTION TECHNICIAN. I usually feed it all of my dollars, and it plays the album all night - in a random order, of course.

Rightio. Or I can just put in two. Stoner Witch and Bullhead is what I have in mind, for now...

Idlehanz

Quote from: erichka on January 17, 2012, 12:33:32 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on January 16, 2012, 10:09:37 PM
Betchya having Melvins on Jukebox is way more common on your coast.....

Nice. the box also has LOCUST ABORTION TECHNICIAN. I usually feed it all of my dollars, and it plays the album all night - in a random order, of course.

Rightio. Or I can just put in two. Stoner Witch and Bullhead is what I have in mind, for now...
Do it.

(the) Razor

When I go into a record store, I go to the M section and makes sure the Melvins discs are all nice and tidy and in order. I also put the Bible in the fiction section at Barnes and Noble.
Don't click this

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: erichka on January 16, 2012, 03:16:31 PM
So, if YOU were in a bar, and saw a jukebox by the bloody mary bar, what Melvins album/songs would you want to hear? Would you prefer it to be an assortment, or a full album?

ASA or NWB would be good choices. 

A few years ago, while shooting pool with some friends, I played all of Here Come The Waterworks on one of those jukeboxes that has an online connection or something that let's it offer many obscure choices.  The management turned down the volume after a couple songs.   

Uncle Fester

JUDY

Quote from: Uncle Fester on January 17, 2012, 06:04:34 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on January 17, 2012, 02:45:30 AM
I also put the Bible in the fiction section at Barnes and Noble.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one. So, you're that guy.

I work at a Bookstore.
# 1 Stolen Item: THE BIBLE
# 2 Stolen Item: Boobie Mags

Society Rules

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 17, 2012, 03:43:53 PM
The management turned down the volume after a couple songs.   
I'd pillage, and rape, and later, turn the damn box over.
The jukebox at this place is pretty retro. There are actually discs, and sleeves. The only time I ever got turned down/tuned out is when I played Saucer Full of Secrets. That scared the fuck out of everyone there. I usually just get long sighs when I decide to give it enough money to play BHSurfers LAT in its entirety. There's other good stuff on there, too. Among the large selection of classic rock, motown, and jazz, there is also Sonic Youth, Ween, Big Black, and a couple of other good and great things.
Thou Shall Not Turn Down Melvins

dijk cheese

jukeboxes still exist?

What is this place Detroit?
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.