Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on May 31, 2012, 06:50:14 AM
Does anyone else get a big Sonic Youth vibe from the middle of Tommy Goes Berserk?

stooooooop iiiiiiiit  :microwave:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Still not convinced Legitman likes this :-)

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on May 31, 2012, 06:56:09 AM
Quote from: jules on May 31, 2012, 06:52:59 AM
Still not convinced Legitman likes this :-)
:lol:
I picture Legit having a seizure while writing that post.

why,because it's too jazzy?

Pound4abrown

Quote from: norecess on May 31, 2012, 06:13:29 AM
but besides the song i love the SOUND. very unusual for the melvins yet familiar. great album!

I was getting this vibe too. But then again, Melvins aren't really a singles band anyway, they excel at the album, as an art-form.

bankrupt

I made a post along the lines of 'best thing they've done in years, the last few albums have been too samey' on the thread on their Facebook page, and it got deleted. Some other guy made a comment about the crap guitar tone, also deleted.

Dissent not tolerated.  :?

Smash the State

the first 5 songs are very interesting. experimental and weird just as I suspected and I wanted

The rest of the album is too "classic hard rock" that they really like but not so much to me

However, even these songs (from 6 to 10) are good songs, and certainly better than what's out there...

Listen to the bass lines, are brilliant!!

Quote from: )))((( on May 31, 2012, 04:55:31 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 30, 2012, 05:54:51 PM
If no ones posted this link yet you can listen to the whole album here....

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/23
YES!!!

=D>

Do you like Daniel Bryan? XD

black stallion

Quote from: Smash the State on May 31, 2012, 07:50:12 AM
and certainly better than what's out there...

melvins/BB stuff included?  :)

Smash the State

black stallion

bruce

Wow, just listened for the first time. Some of this is friggin' good.
Think i'm goin' to like this more as time goes on.
Really like the sound of Trevor's violin.

Uncle Fester

Quote from: bruce on May 31, 2012, 08:09:28 AM
Really like the sound of Trevor's violin.
:lol:
worlds BIGGEST violin.

Uncle Fester

I don't see why some of you just don't listen to it already.
it's been officially offered up as far as I'm concerned, the quality isn't noticebly bad as far as streaming goes either.... I just don't get it :?
are you guys mentally ill?

Illusionator

Quote from: Uncle Fester on May 31, 2012, 09:22:28 AM
it's been officially offered up as far as I'm concerned, the quality isn't noticebly bad as far as streaming goes either.... I just don't get it :?

Yes

Pound4abrown

I don't get it either. But this phenomenon is not just relegated to Melvins fans. There are a lot of people that like to crumple and fetish the artwork and read liner notes/lyrics during the first listen to an album. This kind of fandom is something I totally get, being the kind of guy who always listens to full albums, and not one to put his ipod on shuffle.  But when it is right there, to listen to, guilt free; it doesn't make much sense to me.

Illusionator

Quote from: Pound4abrown on May 31, 2012, 09:34:50 AM

I don't get it either. But this phenomenon is not just relegated to Melvins fans. There are a lot of people that like to crumple and fetish the artwork and read liner notes/lyrics during the first listen to an album. This kind of fandom is something I totally get, being the kind of guy who always listens to full albums, and not one to put his ipod on shuffle.  But when it is right there, to listen to, guilt free; it doesn't make much sense to me.

Nah for me it's the fact that I have shitty speakers on my computer, I could play it off of the internet through my PS3 and play it through the A/V system, but it still isn't my stereo, so I wanna wait for something I can play through that. I'm gonna buy it anyway, so want to listen to it first time through a decent system, afterwards a shit will not be given how I hear it, 2 tin cans and a bit of string or through a virgin otter's cloaca...