Atlanta 4/25 @ The Loft

Started by oldstoner, April 24, 2012, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldstoner

Anyone else going tomorrow? Been far too long since I've been to a Melvins show so I can't wait!  :D

Love the new EP.  8)

FartLips

my homie codbag will be there. he'll be up front with buzz, screaming all the lyrics.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

MrLuck87

I'll be there!  I'll be wearing my "The Jesus Lizard - Rocks"  T Shirt.  Say hi if you see me!

[attachment deleted by admin]

moose

If anyone would like to grab any extra letterpress copies tonight, I can send money!
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

MrLuck87

Quote from: moose on April 25, 2012, 04:14:18 PM
If anyone would like to grab any extra letterpress copies tonight, I can send money!

It's beginning to look like I won't even be able to buy anything for myself.  My debit card number was stolen and I had to cancel the number before getting money out of the ATM.  Damn!  At least no money was stolen.

MrLuck87

Awesome show!!!  Full review tomorrow.  Until then enjoy this video of the last three songs from the new EP

Melvins - The Bulls and the Bees live in Atl April 25th 2012 "Doomed" through "National Hamster"

heavyR

Can anyone confirm if Big Biz is playing a set on this tour, or whether Unsane is the only opener.

jules

Quote from: heavyR on April 26, 2012, 09:35:37 AM
Can anyone confirm if Big Biz is playing a set on this tour, or whether Unsane is the only opener.
Just Melvins and Unsane as far as I know.

klurdge

Quote from: heavyR on April 26, 2012, 09:35:37 AM

Same Sack (local band) opened in Austin, but no Biz.

oldstoner

Fun show last night! Had a great time and the crowd seemed cool. No douche bags that I could tell. I went by myself and people were real friendly. I guess I was a little surprised there weren't more old-timers like me.

Jesus Lizard dude, I saw you, but was a little shy to say hi, and plus I didn't want to lose my spot at the barrier.  :lol:

Oh, and I got a setlist! :D

oldstoner

BTW, same setlist as Houston: http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=16911.0

I was so excited to hear History of Bad Men. <3

My ears are still totally fucked, though. Loudest show I've ever been to. Ever.

skyodi

last night was my very first Melvins show and it took a blowtorch to my face and rendered it into an oozing puddle on the ground.
history of bad men was pure glorious violence. i have never had a more incredible time anywhere. the crowd was great. my friends got a setlist and one of the Almighty Crover's sticks. which i then proceeded to lick so mine and his DNA could mingle.  so proud of my Melvins. can't wait to go again.

also my brain imploded when Jared just set his bass on the ground. not that it wasn't mush already from gazing upon the countenance of Buzzo. :shock:
monotone gaze and i wont forget it

black stallion

Quote from: skyodi on April 26, 2012, 12:56:14 PM

also my brain imploded when Trevor just set his bass on the ground. not that it wasn't mush already from gazing upon the countenance of Buzzo. :shock:

Trevor who? Dunn?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

skyodi

Quote from: black stallion on April 26, 2012, 01:05:12 PM

Trevor who? Dunn?

oops i meant to say jared. probably due to the fact that my profrontal lobe is gravy now
monotone gaze and i wont forget it

moose

Did they have any letterpress cds left?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.