Freak Puke Vinyl

Started by jules, August 12, 2012, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peebot

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 24, 2012, 07:43:24 PM
Quote from: Peebot on September 24, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
Anyone in The Great Pacific Nor'west get their vinyl yet?  I'm getting the fear.  Shit usually shows up very promptly from AmRep.    [-o<
Mine came last week.  Give it a few more days, I'm sure it's fine :)

woah...literally as I was reading your response the mailman showed up with my 2 records.  cosmic.  And I got the two designs I wanted most!  Cooper and Skinner.  crazy.  Thanks for talking me down, Idle. 

Idlehanz

Quote from: Peebot on September 24, 2012, 08:13:39 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 24, 2012, 07:43:24 PM
Quote from: Peebot on September 24, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
Anyone in The Great Pacific Nor'west get their vinyl yet?  I'm getting the fear.  Shit usually shows up very promptly from AmRep.    [-o<
Mine came last week.  Give it a few more days, I'm sure it's fine :)

woah...literally as I was reading your response the mailman showed up with my 2 records.  cosmic.  And I got the two designs I wanted most!  Cooper and Skinner.  crazy.  Thanks for talking me down, Idle.

(the) flutter nuts

Got mine today!!! didn't take long to get here which is awesome!!! Got the two i wanted most Mackie and Cooper!!! And these look absolutely amazing in hand, need to track down the other three    :P :excited:

Anyone want to grab one or three at a upcoming show for me would be neato!!!
I got the shits real bad.

deatheats

I have an extra Cooper and Texali if anyone is looking to trade for a McPhersen, Skinner or Mackie.

rimb

Mine arrived down under this morning. Didn't get a chance to open them before I left for work though.

TosT

Quote from: Dan_Halen on September 20, 2012, 09:27:18 PM
WAIT...am I fucking crazy or did they forget to put "Growing Disgust" on the fucking album???
Oh well, I came up with this solution:
Ill just throw my Junko 45 on the other turntable and fade right into it after Leon, and then fade back into side 2 after it's over. It's almost like a fun little game, a Freak Puke Completist Kit!  :D

it appears they left the track off... strange

it's not on the track list on amrep either

rimb

Quote from: TosT on September 25, 2012, 07:34:52 PM
WAIT...am I fucking crazy or did they forget to put "Growing Disgust" on the fucking album???
Ill just throw my Junko 45 on the other turntable and fade right into it after Leon, and then fade back into side 2 after it's over. It's almost like a fun little game, a Freak Puke Completist Kit!  :D

I'm pretty sure that an LP needs to be less than 45 minutes total to be of good quality which is probably why they had to drop a track as it obviously wouldn't be practical to make it a double LP.

Dan_Halen

Quote from: rimb on September 25, 2012, 07:39:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that an LP needs to be less than 45 minutes total to be of good quality which is probably why they had to drop a track as it obviously wouldn't be practical to make it a double LP.

Freak Puke is 42:14. AmRep changed the siteI think, Im pretty sure they originally listed it, as do the LP sleeves. I have dealt with my grief and choose not to cry over it. I am grateful for the Growing Disgust 45 and the fact I own two turntables. :D  The Freak Puke  picture discs really do look and sound amazing. So glad I got the one I wanted.  :D

Los ticka toe rest

rimb

Quote from: Dan_Halen on September 25, 2012, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: rimb on September 25, 2012, 07:39:11 PM

Freak Puke is 42:14. AmRep changed the siteI think, Im pretty sure they originally listed it, as do the LP sleeves. I have dealt with my grief and choose not to cry over it. I am grateful for the Growing Disgust 45 and the fact I own two turntables. :D  The Freak Puke  picture discs really do look and sound amazing. So glad I got the one I wanted.  :D

Actually looking at the track times now it appears that they've left it off in order to keep the running time under 20 minutes on each side.  I'm sure this has something to do with the quality of the pressing.

rimb

Got a Skinner and a McPhersen. 

Will trade the Skinner for any of the other ones!   :D

hagus667

Quote from: rimb on September 26, 2012, 05:21:35 AM

Is the Skinner really that awful?

Also, I want your McPherson.
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

Idlehanz

Quote from: hagus667 on September 26, 2012, 07:22:57 PM

I love the Skinner art.  Love em all really.  I am after a Mackie, but I don't want to trade the ones I have :)

rimb

Also, I want your McPherson.

It looks like a Gwar concert.

:lol:

Peebot

Check it out, Dave Cooper has some copies of his design for sale and he'll sign them for you if you want:

http://davegraphicsyeah.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/melvins-picture-disc/

JUDY

Quote from: Peebot on October 22, 2012, 12:26:21 PM
Check it out, Dave Cooper has some copies of his design for sale and he'll sign them for you if you want:

http://davegraphicsyeah.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/melvins-picture-disc/

Oh wow, that is badass!

Quote from: rimb on September 26, 2012, 10:21:15 PM

Skinner

It looks like a Gwar concert.

This made me chuckle. Couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of - but I do believe you nailed it, rimb.