Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JUDY

Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.

Track made my day :)

Dumpster D

Yup, made my night too.

you didnt hear Dales radio promo Plugs for the show, but he did his funny DJ voice with Deep tremelo on it!  :lol:

Hes got a Really good radio voice actually.

Dumpster D

I been listening to that one, and the Kwee Track on my Cassette back to back, Is it Qui, or Kwee..sounds like that character from Johnny the homicidal Maniac..


(((O)))

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 01, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
Is it Qui, or Kwee
Qui.


David Yow sang with them for a while on their second album. It's a good release you should check it out. It's got covers of Zappa's 'Willie The Pimp' and a lovely rendition of the Floyd classic 'Echoes'. See below.



Qui - Apartment

Qui - Echoes

Yanayaya

Is David Yow no longer with Qui?  From (what I remember) of the track I heard Crover play on the radio, the vocals were strong.
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

pinkyslim

Yow played a few songs live recently with Matt and Paul.
But no longer in the band. 8)

Qui - Prison Braid - live in Rome 18-09-08

Dan_Halen

Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.

Track made my day :)

I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.
Los ticka toe rest

black stallion

Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 03, 2013, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.

Track made my day :)

I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.

i remember seeing a pic of Dale in the studio jamming with Scott Kelly...i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(((O)))

Quote from: black stallion on March 03, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo
Don't know about you guys but i find it tricky to tell if guitar parts are Scott, Buzzo or both!

Captain CoryCory

The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.

(((O)))

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 03, 2013, 04:34:11 PM
The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.
I like it!  8)


I do think it might be pretty funny to hear this tough, raw song with gruff vocals, suddenly segueway into a cover of Queen's 'Bicycle' with the high pitched tones of the guy from Tweak Bird.  :? :lol:

Dan_Halen

Quote from: black stallion on March 03, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 03, 2013, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.

Track made my day :)

I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.



i remember seeing a pic of Dale in the studio jamming with Scott Kelly...i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo

Sounds sorta like 2 drummers to me on the recording... plus this is what they said when they announced it...

QuoteWhile the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).
Los ticka toe rest

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: )))((( on March 03, 2013, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 03, 2013, 04:34:11 PM
The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.
I like it!  8)


I do think it might be pretty funny to hear this tough, raw song with gruff vocals, suddenly segueway into a cover of Queen's 'Bicycle' with the high pitched tones of the guy from Tweak Bird.  :? :lol:

Isn't the Queen cover Best Friend? Still, they're both light, happy songs and that's a good point you bring up.  :lol:

(((O)))


Leroy

did the Melvins sing backup vocals on the Venom cover as well?