Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

BobFuck

there are some real jewels on this devil worship bonanza .


highlights for me, you ask? 


Heathen Earth

In Every Dream Home a Heartache


These Melvins always struck me as barbarian warriors.  Dale and Buzz always did anyhow.  Like barbarians who invade some foreign shore and impregnate the women of that land so that the bloodline is forever altered and so that the bastards who are birthed carry the goat master rodeo rapscallion satan in their veins. 

I love the melvins.  i think they have the campaign of movement.  they are alway swimming like sharks.  they do not stop and the buffalo


but I don't like sausages on account of my hemorrhoids.  i DO like melvins.

glen

Quote from: BobFuck on May 04, 2013, 09:00:50 PM
there are some real jewels on this devil worship bonanza .


highlights for me, you ask? 


Heathen Earth

In Every Dream Home a Heartache



yes...  YES!!  YES!!!!!!

put Station to Station and Set It On Fire somewhere in there and you just took a banana down pleasure avenue.

In Every Dream Home is goosebumps galore.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

wonder if you guys are telling the truth,i'll listen to this soon :nerd:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

glen

Quote from: black stallion on May 06, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
wonder if you guys are telling the truth,i'll listen to this soon :nerd:

all truths my friend. get ready.  it's better than you think it's going to be.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

dead mike

One of my co-workers today mentioned that she had saved some homemade sausages in her fridge that she was going to cook for dinner. She said she wasn't sure if I liked sausages. And I, being a slowpoke rodriguez, missed the only opportunity I'll have in this lifetime to exclaim "Everybody loves sausages!"

Cool story, bro.


Dan_Halen

I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once. Stand out tracks for me were Station To Station and My Best Friend. Caleb does a great job on vocals, such a cool line up on that one. Glen, you are spot on by describing the Jello track as Goosebumps! It's also cool to hear Trevor sing on Timothy Leary Lives.
Los ticka toe rest

dead mike

Quote from: Dan_Halen on May 06, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once.
Then it would just sound like Colossus of Destiny.

(the) flutter nuts

I love this album!!! I only wish Heathen Earth started the album, would have been a great opener. I love Dream home , Station and Romance a lot, oh and Set It On Fire is killer, Mark Arm and the Melvins!!!  :D
I got the shits real bad.



glen

Quote from: dead mike on May 06, 2013, 09:49:44 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on May 06, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once.
Then it would just sound like Colossus of Destiny.


Shit Storm perhaps?   err... no, I got it.   All At Once.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Helen83

Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/

Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review.  :oops:


Yep me too.....but that post was removed? I have only heard the songs on youtube and not as a whole from start to finish mind you.....I will do that once I pick a copy up from the shows in London and hopefully my view will be different.

Captain CoryCory

This album far exceeded my expectations for sure! It plays out almost like the world's coolest, strangest mixtape not to mention there really isn't a bad cover or overall bad performance on this thing. Black Betty feels rushed but still has it's catchy flair (The drums leading into the fast verses pull me in). Lot of good punk here!

Favorites:

- Set It On Fire
- Female Trouble
- Carpe Diem
- In Every Dream Home a Heartache
- Timothy Leary Lives
- Romance

FACT: The Melvins are the greatest cover band of all time.

black stallion

Quote from: Helen83 on May 07, 2013, 09:25:32 AM
Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/

Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review.  :oops:


Yep me too.....but that post was removed?

your post removed?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Buckwheat

Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/

Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review.  :oops:
same here.

JUDY