Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

(the) Razor

Big fan of Carpe Diem, love it. Best Friend and a few others are great first time round.

Buzz's guitar sounds like its stuck on the bridge pickup though a pocket amp though.
Don't click this

(PAUL)

Quote from: (the) Razor on May 13, 2013, 04:48:33 AM
Buzz's guitar sounds like its stuck on the bridge pickup though a pocket amp though.

I only really notice that on Attitude.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.


TheSwingSet

Finally picked this up a few days ago...had only heard a few snippets prior.

I have to admit its pretty damn good....only one i find weak is Timothy Leary Lives...

Station to Station and the Roxy cover are fucking genius.
looking forward to the 30th anniversary tour.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

glen

Quote from: TheSwingSet on May 14, 2013, 03:48:51 PM
only one i find weak is Timothy Leary Lives...



it's... fun. and I totally get the hommage.     but MELVINS are capable of so much more than simplistic punk. 
if I had but one complaint it would be the simplicity of a couple of the tracks.  MELVINS make a deep, rich, god-awful noise.
80's punk is 3 chord and somewhat... what's the word...   happy?

someone else said it best though when they stated (loosely quoted): nobody covers a song like MELVINS cover a song.  so there is a value added.   I'm still listening hard and heavy.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Stonergrunge

I must admit amazon is really fast with the international orders since they're working now with DHL in the standard international shipping option. My copy arrived yesterday (less than a week).
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

bigjim

I think the whole album is awesome. They always do great cover songs no matter how weird or silly they are.
I really like Warhead, but Station to Station is definitely the highlight for me.

JUDY


John Schuller

Quote from: Buckwheat on May 12, 2013, 05:07:14 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 12, 2013, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: dead mike on May 11, 2013, 04:45:57 PM
"Black Betty" shouldn't be on this album because it's not actually new.

If the Melvins were your band you could make those decisions. yeah?
You realize that a melvins fan can have an opinion different than yours, yeah?

Of course dumbass. What I am saying is that the decision is not yours but the MELVINS. Maybe YOU can start your OWN band and make those decisions.

Dumpster D

Bought this today...Finally,  for the reasonable price of 14.99 actually. I was paying MORE THAN double that for Albums like the Crybaby etc..back in the day, so thats a welcome change, CD stores must be real real desperate...thank god for the melvins in that sense for keeping music alive in one way or the other. I mean its thoughtful of them, for guys like me who cant afford the Pricier Limited stuff they produce, its great to have the best of both worlds.


as for the record itself;

great collection of Music, its as Diverse soundwise as it is in style.

they could have made Heathen Earth the length of the whole Album and I would have been pretty satisfied! I Really Love That Gristleizer Bias Sweep!!! In my oppinion the melvins could do justice to a whole exlusive Album of Pure TG covers and it would be insane. Actually they could do an entire albums worth for every cover on this and it would be worth the effort. mmm.

Melvenom.  8)

Its a bit of departure from what people expect and I think that is a key point of interest for me,  and that clears the air a bit in a sense, for something up and coming.

Im enjoying it a lot, and very happy of course and proud of them as always.

Really good work, god knows how I feel about this peice of plastic in my hands right now.

Helen83

So I've been able to give this a couple of spins now and apart from a few tunes I think it's pretty damn cool. For me The Fugs tune is where it's at.

Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.

black stallion

Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.

good point Juanita
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Godflesh

Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2013, 06:05:15 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.

good point Juanita

But Wino kicks ass there, again.
--- Heavy user ---

black stallion

Quote from: Godflesh on May 28, 2013, 06:33:41 AM
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2013, 06:05:15 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.

good point Juanita

But Wino kicks ass there, again.

true. btw,melvins cover album is pretty good imo
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Zorn

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
I must admit amazon is really fast with the international orders since they're working now with DHL in the standard international shipping option. My copy arrived yesterday (less than a week).

That's fun because I pre-ordered it in April and I'm still waiting for it. Don't know if I have to buy it somewhere else or to wait for it...