Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series

Started by jules, May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

deatheats

Quote from: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Nah. I just said damn.

:lol: 

Always hate to see someone leave because of a lack of cds.  Remember a while back when 99% of what they were releasing was on CD and vinvl lovers were bitching about lack of vinyl.

meezer

Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:09:04 AM
Quote from: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Nah. I just said damn.

:lol: 

Always hate to see someone leave because of a lack of cds.  Remember a while back when 99% of what they were releasing was on CD and vinvl lovers were bitching about lack of vinyl.
CDs nutz? Hope Bro comes back soon that's all.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

shits and gigs


Bengerman

I gotta say I didn't read most of that but u took the words outta my mouth when u said WAH! I think the fact that the Melvins continue to offer up so many releases is good enough for me. I realize the Melvins are going to do what I think is right but rather what works for them.
Yes blogspots are stealing and I'm not saying that's where I get my digital versions from but let's face it most people do. From my post that I sent in response to u, I had another board member reach out to me and ask for the digital versions. Maybe u should spend yr time sending an email asking for it instead of spending it bitching about the bands decisions...the band on which message board u are on... Most people understand that if u wait for things to fall in your lap, u will be waiting for some time. With that said I'd be happy to send u the digital versions I have that I got from my nifty record player/cd recorder. I sold my kids so I could buy it.

Bengerman

Or maybe if wait long enough buzz will deliver a cd box set with every b side on it to yr front door. And another thing.., they are b sides. A beside is something that is second to the a side. If the Melvins thought they were good enough to be an official release, then they'd probably be the a side. The b side songs are ok but if you've heard them you'll understand they aren't that wonderful. Most of them are straight forward versions. In my opinion a cd of b sides would be rather lackluster.

Bengerman

AND I disagree that sending u a digital copy would be stealing. How many of us made mixtapes in the early 90's? If that's stealing then there should be a lot of us in jail. I don't think anyone will come after u for that.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bengerman

Not trying to go off. I guess I just don't understand the Melvins bashing on a Melvins board. The Melvins have done great things and who cares if they release a butt load of vinyl and boxes to put them in. At least they are doing something. Imagine if they were like tool and we only got an album every decade or so. They have lasted so long because they always try to do new things. Those things might not be exciting for some but it is for others. I guess I'd understand more if I wasn't a vinyl person but again there are ways to get the vinyl on cd these days.
And for real bro hammer, if you'd like a digital version mix tape just let me know.

(the) flutter nuts

I am one of the biggest Melvins vinyl nerds. But i totally understand Where Bro is coming from. With how easy it is nowadays to have a site to sell mp3's of what have you, id love for Melvins/Amrep to put up the songs for sale. I will always buy the crazy releases because that's what i like to do, but i would also still pay to have a digital copy as like most people am too lazy do do it myself and i don't want to "steal" from any band.
I got the shits real bad.



PepsiMike

Quote from: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 10:34:30 AM
Not trying to go off. I guess I just don't understand the Melvins bashing on a Melvins board. The Melvins have done great things and who cares if they release a butt load of vinyl and boxes to put them in. At least they are doing something. Imagine if they were like tool and we only got an album every decade or so. They have lasted so long because they always try to do new things. Those things might not be exciting for some but it is for others. I guess I'd understand more if I wasn't a vinyl person but again there are ways to get the vinyl on cd these days.
And for real bro hammer, if you'd like a digital version mix tape just let me know.
Melvins bashing?  Bro hammer loves the melvins.  What he wrote is a legitimate complaint, which is not being able to hear all of the music that the melvins put out.

You know what boggles my mind?  Fans that think you have to love every single thing a band does, without complaining about anything, legitimate or not.

Bengerman

I get that and I agree. But I'm happy with how the Melvins continue to come up with different ideas to do things. I've heard buzz say before about music DVDs that they didn't want to release the same old live show with studio snippets that everyone does. I think they just think that about a lot of things they do. Their website for example. I think buzz also said if u wanted to find out about the band go to themelvins.net but for their official website they only put up random images and noise. That's what I love about the Melvins. I love it when they piss me off by releasing a 20 minute noise album. The Melvins are not your typical band. They are a thousand times better. I just figured that's what most other people liked about them as well.

Bengerman

Part of my point was u can easily get the songs from people on this board. I don't love everything they do. I'm not as excited about the last couple of releases. I also think the b side to the clown singles were mediocre at best. They aren't as great as say ballad of Dwight frye. They are just straight forward covers. I haven't been totally floored since HAT. But I like the box idea. Opinions are like assholes...