Another new Buzz guitar from EGC

Started by Idlehanz, January 17, 2014, 10:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain CoryCory

I think I seen him use one similar to that in Louisviille on the 51/51 tour.

DeeSonyaChin

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on January 17, 2014, 10:22:44 PM
I think I seen him use one similar to that in Louisviille on the 51/51 tour.

Yep, I was there at Vernon.  I remember it had a silver neck.  I hope they come back to louisville soon...

Satchel Paige

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 05:09:24 AM
How many EGC's does Buzz own now? As far as im aware i can think of these ones...

Silver
Transparent
Transparent (blue neck)
Gold
Orange
Baby Blue

Also could someone who knows about guitars (which i absolutely don't!) tell me why he might acquire so many of (what i assume) is the same guitar??? As much as i like seeing them, i've never understood why musician's get more or end up with vast collections of guitars. Is it for the aesthetic value of seeing them or the joy of owning them or does each really play differently/have a different feel? The flexibility of being able to do different things or tunings? Surely there is a point at which you don't need any more.
It's great having a collection of guitars, even though one or two gets the job done. I've noticed he has about 3 on the guitar stand at their shows and plays one. Never seen him change midshow, but have read about it happening.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 11:32:23 AM
Quote from: meezer on March 26, 2016, 06:59:20 AM
I've noticed he has about 3 on the guitar stand at their shows and plays one. Never seen him change midshow, but have read about it happening.
I might be making it up entirely but i think i have seen a video where he did change guitars between songs. Again, i might well be thinking of someone else there though. I'd love to see his whole guitar collection. Bet there are some surprises as i know he's said he uses all sorts of guitars in the recording process.
Broken string. Tuner went bad. It happens. I saw Alex Lifeson exchange guitars with a roadie about two songs into the last Rush show I attended, due to a broken string. But the guitar never stopped coming through the PA.  :shock: :facepalm: :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

John Schuller

How many EGC's does Buzz own now? As far as im aware i can think of these ones...

Silver
Transparent
Transparent (blue neck)
Gold
Orange
Baby Blue

Also could someone who knows about guitars (which i absolutely don't!) tell me why he might acquire so many of (what i assume) is the same guitar??? As much as i like seeing them, i've never understood why musician's get more or end up with vast collections of guitars. Is it for the aesthetic value of seeing them or the joy of owning them or does each really play differently/have a different feel? The flexibility of being able to do different things or tunings? Surely there is a point at which you don't need any more.

1. Every single guitar plays differently for every single person. Some of it is personal preference, some of it is size/shape etc. of the neck, body etc.
2. Buzz is obviously fine tuning what he likes about each guitar and having it custom built for him with each new addition to his collection.
3. Although these guitars are similar, a lot of guitars are very very different - shape, wood, manufacturer, pickups etc. etc. etc. For example - a Fender Telecaster is going to give you a vastly different sound than a Gibson Les Paul.
4. It is fun to collect things.
5. Each guitar is like money in the bank.
6. Why the heck not own a ton of guitars?

FartLips

Quote from: sadcorps on March 26, 2016, 12:55:54 PM

Silver
Transparent
Transparent (blue neck)
Gold
Orange
Baby Blue

1. Every single guitar plays differently for every single person. Some of it is personal preference, some of it is size/shape etc. of the neck, body etc.
2. Buzz is obviously fine tuning what he likes about each guitar and having it custom built for him with each new addition to his collection.
3. Although these guitars are similar, a lot of guitars are very very different - shape, wood, manufacturer, pickups etc. etc. etc. For example - a Fender Telecaster is going to give you a vastly different sound than a Gibson Les Paul.
4. It is fun to collect things.
5. Each guitar is like money in the bank.
6. Why the heck not own a ton of guitars?
wouldn Ian throw away the case?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Buzzinthebox

Some have slightly different pickup configurations I believe, him and egc fine tune his guitars to his needs so he's collected a nice collection so far. I'm sure that he has so many for the aesthetics considering the different colors and body shapes if you look carefully. I usually see 3-4 of the egcs in sight when I go to a show and saw Bryant Clifford Meyer ( the guitarist who showed buzz egc, from isis and palms ) change his guitar when a string broke mid song, so it doesn't hurt to have backups. Plus people tend to play guitar differently on different guitars even if it's just the color in my opinion, at least for me, so I think the variety is nice. Since Buzz is one of the main guys who uses egc and promotes them for free I don't think he has paid for all of his guitars in fact I think I remember him saying somewhere they he didn't
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

FartLips

Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

))))((((

He's got a purple one in the making now too!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY1lGvol2x8/?taken-by=electricalguitarcompany

The collection so far...

Silver Metallic
Transparent (silver neck)
Transparent (blue neck)
Gold
Orange
Baby Blue
Red
Purple

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

FartLips

there's a EGC gibson RD clone i almost bought in Columbus Ohio thats gorgeous! a prototype!
(picking up a Dunable Asteroid sunday, the EGC is next on the list)