Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzinthebox

I'm not sure where this news goes but I forgot to mention it last month. While I was at SXSW this year I tracked down the third man bus, got a Melvin's third man vinyl and proceeded to talk to the lady on the bus. She knew her Melvin's stuff and hinted to me that they may have something in the works with third man. She seemed to be telling the truth but didn't give any more details. I guess we will see
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

anaconda

Third Man is supposedly re-issuing the Atlantic releases. They were originally slated to come out Jan 2015 though....so, we'll see.......

Bigval

Quote from: anaconda on April 24, 2016, 06:54:11 AM
Third Man is supposedly re-issuing the Atlantic releases. They were originally slated to come out Jan 2015 though....so, we'll see.......

QuoteMany collectors are quite excited about the upcoming vinyl reissues of your Atlantic Records lps. What made you choose Third Man Records?

Dale: Obviously, Jack (White) cares about vinyl. We were very impressed when we went to Third Man and saw what he's done there.
Buzz: He's putting his money where his mouth is, that's for sure
Dale: Just his taste in general. He's not a guy who's spending his money on hookers and blow.
Buzz: Well he might be, but he's also spending it on other things. He seems like he's super interested in what he's doing and we appreciate that.

Dale: We're friends with his nephew, Ben Blackwell, who's worked at Third Man for as long as we've known him. I know that he's a big part of wanting to release those records. Then we recorded the live 12″ with them, which was a really cool idea.
Buzz: Yeah, that was fun. The show was being cut directly to acetate, while we were playing it. We like anyone who does stuff that's wacky and out there. It's that collector mentality and we like all that kind of thing, we get it. If we had access to the kind of funds (Jack White) has, we'd do things that were equally as weird, no question. I don't know if we'd do the same kinds of things but we would certainly do all kinds of wacky stuff. We already do. Plus, if those guys at Third Man go to Atlantic and say "we wanna reissue these Melvins records", that's different than if we do. They'll say "ok sure" to Jack White. If we approached them, they wouldn't return our phone calls.

http://vinyljunkies.co/vinyl-talk-melvins/

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(the) Razor

He's not wrong about the slightly off vocals. :lol:
Don't click this

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 13, 2016, 07:35:47 AM
We can now glimpse at the back cover artwork!

Also on a side note, why have we not heard these other songs yet??
Same exact color scheme as the latest Conan album!

meezer

Just got an email that confirmed my order (from April 4th) and "we'll notify you when it ships". Thanks!  :lol:  :?

jules

Melvins "Basses Loaded" Vinyl LP Record - Delayed until July 1st
Merchaye Customer Support
Today 17:35Merchaye Customer Support (support@merchaye.com)

Dear Melvins customer,

We regret to inform you that there has been a delay in the vinyl LP production of "Basses Loaded". The release date has been moved to July 1st. We know you are all very excited to hear this record. Once we get it in stock, we will work around the clock to get them out to you. LP bundles will also be delayed and shipped around the July 1st release date.

CD and CD bundle orders are not affected by this production delay and will ship out as scheduled (around June 3rd).

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Merchaye / Melvins

))))((((

Just over a week until this album is upon us and we still haven't heard the other 3 tracks yet!! Quite unbelievable in today's age. I remember when 'The Bride Screamed Murder' came out, everyone here had heard the whole record a good month or more before release.

Dumpster D

Quote from: jules on May 23, 2016, 11:51:21 AM
Melvins "Basses Loaded" Vinyl LP Record - Delayed until July 1st
Merchaye Customer Support
Today 17:35Merchaye Customer Support (support@merchaye.com)

Dear Melvins customer,

We regret to inform you that there has been a delay in the vinyl LP production of "Basses Loaded". The release date has been moved to July 1st. We know you are all very excited to hear this record. Once we get it in stock, we will work around the clock to get them out to you. LP bundles will also be delayed and shipped around the July 1st release date.

CD and CD bundle orders are not affected by this production delay and will ship out as scheduled (around June 3rd).

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Merchaye / Melvins

I am willing to bet there was a problem printing The cover sleeves etc. Some printing machines break down...but even a month is pushing it for that kind of breakdown, there must have been a big Job that got in the way with the printers.

(the) Razor

Holy shit guys. Two Melvin's albums this year already....maybe with a third on its way.  :banana:

Can't wait to blast Beer Hippy.
Don't click this

meezer

Quote from: (the) Razor on May 24, 2016, 10:37:01 PM
Holy shit guys. Two Melvin's albums this year already....maybe with a third on its way:banana:

Can't wait to blast Beer Hippy.
Been confirmed

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.