Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigval

Quote from: sadcorps on March 13, 2017, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: BERZERKER on March 13, 2017, 02:48:04 PM
No, hard rock is the music that wasn't hard enough to be called metal in the eighties. But it was fun, always with a smile.

I will take that - at this point we are just splitting hairs. I think of Hard Rock and Glam Rock as two separate genres, both related to Metal but neither are hard enough to be metal.

I wouldn't call Crystal Fairy a Metal album.

I agree with all that those glam rock bands were hard rock back then but now I would consider them glam rock/hair metal and Crystal Fairy is a definite hard rock album, straight ahead rock is shit like Nickelback and whatever and CF are heavier than that but certainly not metal.

This is all on my mind at the moment because my younger brother has moved house and dumped all his CD's in my mother's garage and wants to sell them all for $1 each and going through them tonight it's full of stuff like Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Judas Priest, Tim Ripper Owens every bloody album Devin Townsend has ever released Meshuggah too. It's depressing but at least he grew out of all the nu-metal stuff like Korn & Limp Bizkit.

Only one Melvins album in there and a best of album at that.

deatheats

Teri sounds a lot like a young Geddy Lee on a couple songs,. I could really hear them covering Working (Wo)Man
:nerd:

John Schuller

Quote from: deatheats on March 14, 2017, 09:20:46 PM
Teri sounds a lot like a young Geddy Lee on a couple songs,. I could really hear them covering Working (Wo)Man

I totally hear the Geddy Lee.

jules

Japan CD comes with a sticker and an info/lyric sheet in Japanese:

vince furnier

Quote from: sadcorps on March 15, 2017, 11:52:40 AM
Quote from: deatheats on March 14, 2017, 09:20:46 PM

I totally hear the Geddy Lee.
Yes. First 3 albums especially.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Bigval

deatheats

))))((((

When this album was released i read a comment on The Mars Volta forum from someone who said 6 months down the line this record would be forgotten. At the time i didn't agree but now upon reflection that summation seems to be exactly the case. I wouldn't like to place a bet upon the possibility of a future Crystal Fairy show or tour. It does seem like this is over before it even got started.

vince furnier

this record absolutely smokes and it's a good indicator exactly how lame the fan base is that no one is talking about it.  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

Is it just me or Buzz is not happy to get questions about CF in interviews? i noticed that many times in recent interviews.i think a hard working,super professional guy like Buzz is still pissed to have his schedule ruined. i suspect Crystal Fairy is a dead project
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

deatheats

Quote from: vince furnier on August 12, 2017, 09:11:15 AM
this record absolutely smokes and it's a good indicator exactly how lame the fan base is that no one is talking about it.  :D

It is a GREAT record!!  Teri's vocals sync perfectly with the band and she's really capable of delivering a wide range of vocal styles.  I've said it before but I never knew she was a 1974 Geddy Lee impersonator  :-k

Omar is no slouch either...sounds great with the fellas!  I really want to see them live, hope it still happens...

Took me a while to listen to it multiple times as I got it on vinyl, spun it once and then spent the next couple of weeks trying to get a decent sounding digital copy.  The mp3 that was delivered with the vinyl was unlistenable, something really off in the high range... finally got a flac copy which sounded better.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: black stallion on August 12, 2017, 11:20:09 AM
Is it just me or Buzz is not happy to get questions about CF in interviews? i noticed that many times in recent interviews.i think a hard working,super professional guy like Buzz is still pissed to have his schedule ruined. i suspect Crystal Fairy is a dead project

Yeah, I would suspect he's probably a little pissed it didn't happen. Apparently Buzz wanted to put a week or two into rehearsing for a tour which totally makes sense, and Omar wanted none of that. Must have got in the way of ATDI tour preparations or something on his end. I'd guess as long as Teri's married to him, things will be at a standstill, which is really too bad. Omar is totally replaceable in CF. Get Dunn, Rutmanis, Pinkus or whoever from Melvins side, and the band would be even better.

black stallion

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on August 12, 2017, 04:30:15 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 12, 2017, 11:20:09 AM

Apparently Buzz wanted to put a week or two into rehearsing for a tour which totally makes sense, and Omar wanted none of that.

yeah,that should be the reason
Charmicarmicat:Bastards