A Walk With Love and Death

Started by Afterbirthmilkshake, April 24, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: blacksanta on July 20, 2022, 12:51:01 PM
Black Heath is at the top of my live wishlist.

Yes! Yes!!!! Can't believe they never played it live, or really anything from this record except "Edgar" and the old classic "Yuthanagia"

black stallion

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 20, 2022, 11:24:40 PM
Quote from: blacksanta on July 20, 2022, 12:51:01 PM
Black Heath is at the top of my live wishlist.

Yes! Yes!!!! Can't believe they never played it live, or really anything from this record except "Edgar" and the old classic "Yuthanagia"

add Sober delic
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Black Heath and Flaming Creature are the two i'd like to see them play.

black stallion

the song written by Steven has grown on me a lot, reminds me of early Alice Cooper

the bloat

Did Steven write Cactus Party? That song sounds very un-Melvins like

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on July 23, 2022, 11:45:27 AM
Did Steven write Cactus Party? That song sounds very un-Melvins like
Sounds like a Buzz tune to me! Although Teri's vocals make it a bit unusual i suppose.

black stallion

i meant the song "What's wrong with you"

Afterbirthmilkshake

I'd really like to hear a mix where the random noisy album is just mixed in quietly under the other album. so you hear parts of it fade in when the other gets quiet.

amazonAMAZON

I'm sure that can be arranged...
A walk with lovedeath...

TosT

Does anyone know if the film was ever actually completed or released?

amazonAMAZON

Yes, AmRep released a limited LP soundtrack + BluRay. It was about 30 minutes long and had no narrative.

))))((((

Quote from: TosT on September 26, 2022, 03:42:45 AM
Does anyone know if the film was ever actually completed or released?
I watched it once and it wasn't really worth get excited about. Basically a load of psychedelic visuals - random images bleeding into each other and overlaid etc. A bit of a visual drug trip but, yes there wasn't a story involved or characters or anything.

Colonel Cheese

I bought that set, the art edition of the soundtrack and the blu-ray included. Never opened the blu-ray. Thought i might be like "meh" after watching it so I didn't bother. After seeing that quick review - 30 minutes, trippy visuals, no characters/plot I feel like i know myself pretty good. I feel i did the right thing for myself.

TosT

Interesting. I'd been searching for a stream, but with no luck. I feel comfortable letting it rest now.

Appreciate the responses guys.

Sounds like a nice package to own, but I'm not enthusiastic about plotless psychedelia either

CoryCory

Gave this another listen and though I like a few songs on both discs, it's a pretty meh listen. Bottom Tier Melvins for sure.