New interview with Dale

Started by johnnyg, December 23, 2020, 04:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bigval




black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards


black stallion

i enjoyed this interview a lot, you can tell the guy had many things to ask. been listening to Hammering again after Dale revealed that song has been influenced by Bowie and ZZTop, i can definitely see the Bowie connection. also it's true that the new album has a lot of melody and songs sound pretty various. i wonder if this new approach with Steven and Buzz working on a demo and giving it to Dale will bring a new direction in the band, it could be. ah, Men of Porn to me sounds as a great name for a band  :buzz:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

the bloat

Does it seem like Buzz has been less involved in the BMR interviews? I am seeing a lot of just Steven and just Dale interviews lately. Buzz is (typically) more guarded about his responses to interview questions. More cryptic. Dale and Steve read like an open book. Seems like we get better info from those guys.

))))((((

I liked that he said he still keeps in touch with Al Cisneros!


Quote from: the bloat on January 02, 2023, 06:09:03 PM
Seems like we get better info from those guys.
Very true. Although for myself, since i know Buzz is the main contributor i always prefer to hear from him usually as a fan.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 02, 2023, 06:24:40 PM
Very true. Although for myself, since i know Buzz is the main contributor i always prefer to hear from him usually as a fan.

I always remember an interview Buzz did with Fantomas in Germany around 1999-2000 time it was a longform interview with all four guys sitting at a bar drinking coffees.

Lombardo was slagging off Kerry King and Slayer, funnily enough he rejoined the band a few years later but when it came to Buzz he just went on this funny OTT rant that culminated with him talking about how Germans are wimps for losing WWII and how much he hates Volvo's and every time he sees one driving in LA he just wants to ram it. He then stops himself has a sip of his coffee and says that's enough Melvins talk  :lol:

My brother and I recently started talking again after four years and anytime he or I goes on a rant about something the other one says "that's enough Melvins talk" lol

joelk

That is my single favorite Buzzo interview  :lol:

Trevor goes, "Buzz challenges you."  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colonel Cheese

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 02, 2023, 06:24:40 PM
I liked that he said he still keeps in touch with Al Cisneros!


I've always been curious as to why they never released the supposed second shrinebuilder album. I remember hearing someone saying in an interview or something that it's because Al Cisneros is crazy. He doesn't seem crazy to me but I guess it doesn't matter anymore because they probably won't release it because of the stuff with Scott Kelly. I like Sleep, I like Om, and I like shrinebuilder. Just wants me some more.

))))((((

Quote from: Colonel Cheese on January 04, 2023, 07:53:31 AM
I've always been curious as to why they never released the supposed second shrinebuilder album. I remember hearing someone saying in an interview or something that it's because Al Cisneros is crazy. He doesn't seem crazy to me but I guess it doesn't matter anymore because they probably won't release it because of the stuff with Scott Kelly. I like Sleep, I like Om, and I like shrinebuilder. Just wants me some more.
It was Wino who said Al was crazy. I loved Shrinebuilder at the time and always wanted a second, third and hell, fourth record! but part of me is glad they never came. Perhaps i wouldn't like it as much and would be always comparing the two. As it is, the self titled sits back there in it's timeframe as an interesting artifact - a point where 4 fascinating musicians temporarily intersected to create as one.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 04, 2023, 08:10:59 AM
Quote from: Colonel Cheese on January 04, 2023, 07:53:31 AM
I've always been curious as to why they never released the supposed second shrinebuilder album. I remember hearing someone saying in an interview or something that it's because Al Cisneros is crazy. He doesn't seem crazy to me but I guess it doesn't matter anymore because they probably won't release it because of the stuff with Scott Kelly. I like Sleep, I like Om, and I like shrinebuilder. Just wants me some more.
It was Wino who said Al was crazy. I loved Shrinebuilder at the time and always wanted a second, third and hell, fourth record! but part of me is glad they never came. Perhaps i wouldn't like it as much and would be always comparing the two. As it is, the self titled sits back there in it's timeframe as an interesting artifact - a point where 4 fascinating musicians temporarily intersected to create as one.

And also because of ehm... you know... Scott Kelly.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

CoryCory

Quote from: Stonergrunge on January 04, 2023, 08:41:13 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on January 04, 2023, 08:10:59 AM
Quote from: Colonel Cheese on January 04, 2023, 07:53:31 AM
I've always been curious as to why they never released the supposed second shrinebuilder album. I remember hearing someone saying in an interview or something that it's because Al Cisneros is crazy. He doesn't seem crazy to me but I guess it doesn't matter anymore because they probably won't release it because of the stuff with Scott Kelly. I like Sleep, I like Om, and I like shrinebuilder. Just wants me some more.
It was Wino who said Al was crazy. I loved Shrinebuilder at the time and always wanted a second, third and hell, fourth record! but part of me is glad they never came. Perhaps i wouldn't like it as much and would be always comparing the two. As it is, the self titled sits back there in it's timeframe as an interesting artifact - a point where 4 fascinating musicians temporarily intersected to create as one.

And also because of ehm... you know... Scott Kelly.

I don't think Kelly was too far off the rails at that point in time. Signs point to Wino butting heads with Cisneros (likely over religion, as he did the same thing with Victor Griffin and Place of Skulls a decade prior) and over time none of the three other guys wanting to work with him.

I'll try to come up with a post-SB timeline as best I can:
2011 - Shrinebuilder play Roadburn, their last show.
2012 - Scott Kelly states there probably won't be a second record.
2013 - Scott Kelly guests with Melvins
2014 - the Wino interview, Wino getting arrested in Europe for meth. His ban may finally get lifted this year.
2015 - the Hellfest interview where Dale mentions conflicts and Buzz interjects with "JuNkIeS".
2016 / 2017 - Cisneros guests with Melvins
2022 - Kelly's career ends