King Dunn - I'm Afraid of Everything

Started by jules, September 02, 2022, 08:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

This is another good EP! The KingDunn stuff is shaping up nicely. It's actually pretty refreshing and feels a lot like 'Gift Of Sacrifice' to me. I can't wait to hear a full length. When i heard 'Eat The Spray' i immediately thought it sounded familiar to me. Then i realised that the beginning vocals from Buzz were in one of Toshi's little in studio Instagram videos from earlier this year. Or last year! I wonder if there will be a third EP or the album will be next in Feb/Mar time! I would suspect so since Buzz said about hopefully going on a tour with Trevor in early 2023.

Side note - Is it King Dunn or KingDunn??

Stonergrunge

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 14, 2022, 06:38:56 AM
This is another good EP! The KingDunn stuff is shaping up nicely. It's actually pretty refreshing and feels a lot like 'Gift Of Sacrifice' to me. I can't wait to hear a full length. When i heard 'Eat The Spray' i immediately thought it sounded familiar to me. Then i realised that the beginning vocals from Buzz were in one of Toshi's little in studio Instagram videos from earlier this year. Or last year! I wonder if there will be a third EP or the album will be next in Feb/Mar time! I would suspect so since Buzz said about hopefully going on a tour with Trevor in early 2023.

Judging by your post, I assume you already received the CD, right?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

black stallion

Quote from: Stonergrunge on September 14, 2022, 10:16:18 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 14, 2022, 06:38:56 AM

Judging by your post, I assume you already thrown away the CD packaging, right?

fixed  :P
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on September 14, 2022, 10:16:18 PM
Judging by your post, I assume you already received the CD, right?
Yeah.

Quote from: black stallion on September 15, 2022, 08:43:10 AM
Judging by your post, I assume you already thrown away the CD packaging, right?
So true!

amazonAMAZON

I dig it. No standout tracks yet, they're all about even so far. All between two and five minutes. The first two sound like This Machine tunes with Trevor added, the third song sounds more like Freak Puke without drums, and the last one sounds most like a Gift of Sacrifice tune. And you're like "but those three descriptions all sound the same. Fuck you, aa" and well you're probably right. This EP is more expensive and less essential than any of those records. But I don't regret my purchase. I'd most like to just have a King Dunn album with these tunes on it and a tour so I can further appreciate them.

amazonAMAZON

"The World Gets Smaller" is probably my favorite. That groove in the second with the refrain, "assume it's like you," is stuck in my head. Trevor is just going to town there.

black stallion

been listening to both ep's last night. i think this is my favourite of the two. B sides from Gift of Sacrifice sessions?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

hadn't listened to a cd in a while. my whole setup is fucked. checked out Bad Mood Rising and this a few times last Sunday. it was a cool transition to go from the heavier BMR to this. enjoyed it a lot.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on October 01, 2022, 02:44:59 AM
been listening to both ep's last night.
I did the same last night too!!

Quote from: black stallion on October 01, 2022, 02:44:59 AM
B sides from Gift of Sacrifice sessions?
No, they recorded this stuff last year some time around the same time as Bad Mood Rising.

amazonAMAZON

I think it's what they referenced on the podcast where Neil Hamburger hosted last year. I think Trevor came to town and he and Buzz set up and did a bunch of these tunes.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 01, 2022, 06:27:43 PM
I think it's what they referenced on the podcast where Neil Hamburger hosted last year. I think Trevor came to town and he and Buzz set up and did a bunch of these tunes.
Yeah that was it. I remembed the interview but forgot who it was with. Buzz said they were going to go do some recording together right after the interview.

Stonergrunge

My order is finally here and I like it, specially the first track.
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 07, 2022, 08:19:31 PM
My order is finally here and I like it, specially the first track.
Nice one! Glad to hear you finally have it. I think that's my favourite song of the 4 too!

amazonAMAZON

Yeah, there's a slow pulsing low rone that at first I thought was bowed upright bass, but now I think it's synth. Cool tune. Too bad so few will hear it.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 07, 2022, 10:52:54 PM
Yeah, there's a slow pulsing low rone that at first I thought was bowed upright bass, but now I think it's synth. Cool tune. Too bad so few will hear it.

ehm... I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I know that what I'm about to say is going to sound very unethical, and I apologize for that, but the album is already being shared on places like Soulseek, I know this because it's actually the only platform I still visit when I'm looking for stuff that is hard to find or when I have a doubt about a certain song (actually, I've been using YouTube more for the latter) but yes, the EP is already there. Sure, I don't think 99% of the world population go to (or even remember) places like Soulseek but... you know... if you're looking for dark stuff or things that have been out of print for a very long time... or if you happen to live in a place where record stores are almost extinct (like my city, for instance) then yes, Soulseek is a good option.
Fuzz is love.