PRICK

Started by pottytrained, September 27, 2003, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ron Maiden

QuotePRICK = K.C. R.I.P.

nice job Mcgruff.

anaconda

So Michael are you telling me that they referenced the Rocking M
a full 2 years before the song Bar X the Rocking M, and the Stag
release?

Eponymous

Quote from: Green HoneyPRICK = K.C. R.I.P.  

   ...?

Wouldn't that be K.C. I.R.P. ?

mumu

Quote from: EponymousWouldn't that be K.C. I.R.P. ?

Artistic license?
It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Eponymous

Quote from: lamestaincorrect me if i'm wrong, but wasn't PRICK released after kurt died? ...in which case this guy's story doesn't quite add up.  even in the booklet it says that it was recorded during April '94.  kurt died on the 5th... the autographs look authentic, i just wanted to clarify the release date of PRICK.

Quote from: AmazonProduct Details
Audio CD (August 5, 1994)
Original Release Date: August 5, 1994
Label: Amphetamine Reptile
ASIN: B0000004H3
Average Customer Review:  Based on 5 reviews. Write a review.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #168,802 in Music

klump

yeah, but it was probably made before that.

since they were thinking of calling it kurt cobain, but then they decided not to since they didnt want it to sound like a tribute record ("even though it would be a great tribute" Buzz)

Vcavallo

Quote from: Green HoneyPRICK = K.C. R.I.P.  

   ...?

hmmm........ good observation, mr. cia man.  seriously.  i dig your anagram eye
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Michael

Quote from: anacondaSo Michael are you telling me that they referenced the Rocking M
a full 2 years before the song Bar X the Rocking M, and the Stag
release?

I am just saying that I purchased my copy of Prick way back when it was released and if that means that at the time they were prescient enough to reference a song two years down the road, then so be it.  I wouldn't put it past them.  The Melvins tend to have an extremely long gestation period for songs, that's why the songs stand up so well over time.  Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how in a soundcheck from 2000 they were playing Black Stooges (or was it Brain Center) a full two years before the release of H.A.T.?

Another scenario could be that they had the song title kicking around without an actual song to affix it to.....

....or it could just be some crazy coincidence.

These are just hunches.

Chuck Hartford

i have a show dated 11/6/96 where they play The Green Manalishi
but thats is a cover so i don't know

anaconda

anagram = ram a nag

:o

Beto Brasil

Quote from: Green HoneyPRICK = K.C. R.I.P.


:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Moldy

Quote from: Arnold Laynei have a show dated 11/6/96 where they play The Green Manalishi
but thats is a cover so i don't know

I recall they had the Going Blind single with Lukin on Bass (even though it has Lori on the cover) back in I think 1986.

And let's not forget "Set me Straight" preceded the Houdini version by almost a decade.

Haggardsue

Indeed I have, now i don't have especially high hopes all in all after the fuzz and mystique that surrounds this cd. Anybody who's anybody (including that guy from kerrang who's opinions i have long since declared shit) says it's just a mess. However what do you think of it? Is it actually a genuine melvins release or just a piss take? Thoughts Welcome.

GrimReaper


I picked my copy up at a concert for $10. I got my money's worth out of it.
I like to listen to it as ambient noise while playing poker, or working around the house.

***Spoiler alert*** Don't read if you want to be totally suprised by what you are going to get in the mail.

There are legit tunes on it as well, Chief Ten Beers, and Larry has some good guitar on it.

Other highlights:

Underground is a cool soundtrack of what you would hear in the London Underground.

Montreal is crowd noise from a show in Montreal.

Pure Digital Silence is pure digital silence. Melvins actually played this live during a tour. This "song" makes it clear that this material should not be taken too seriously.

The only real anoying part of the release for me is the names being sung, the name of that song slips my mind right now.

I think Dale said it best in an interview: "It's not a Melvins release, it's Snivlem".




Joe Deutrom

JEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THOMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

INDEED!