Trick and Riddle Book

Started by glen, January 06, 2006, 09:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

so I noticed the MELVINS Trick and Riddle Book is now sold out.   1,000 made I believe.
who was lucky enough to get their mits on one and what do you think of it?
I snatched one up just for the simple fact that I seem to have a habit of buying anything with the word "MELVINS" on it.   my opinion:  daddy like
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

ninjabachelorparty

Ive only been a major Melvins fan for a few months, so ive missed out on a lot of the cool rare stuff they have released  :(  I would kill to get the Trilogy on vinyl, or Neither Here Nor There.

Vcavallo

i bought one, then after looking through it, decided to buy another that i left in a small package labeled: "for sale" or something.
i'll either keep it mint for my own sake, or sell it one day when they're worth millions and i want a second private island.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Shatz

I ordered one along with the Neither Here Nor There softcover from the Ipecac/Cinderblock store. Well, it's pretty nice if you think of it as a large kind of booklet. But I really would like to get answers to some of the questions in there. On the other hand, a puzzle never solved is all the more interesting.
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

Anonymous

Well, seeing as it's out of print... Would anyone care to scan the pages?  :)

glen

Quote from: Anonymous on January 06, 2006, 11:49:17 AM
Well, seeing as it's out of print... Would anyone care to scan the pages?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Cranial Bifida

i like how in niether here nor there they state that whether you are a long time fan or just starting, that after you have this book no ones ahead of one another. all the cards are on the table.
and now look a fuc*king trick and riddle book in which only 1000 copies were made. it's amazes me how a long time fan still continue to put up with these jerks. ahhh well at least when i die of melvins induced crazyness i will be assured i own everything that has the word melvins on it.

and i don't have the riddle book........yet. actually what am i saying i gonna boycott em ](*,)

glen

Quote from: Cranial Bifida on January 06, 2006, 01:17:43 PM
i like how in niether here nor there they state that whether you are a long time fan or just starting, that after you have this book no ones ahead of one another. all the cards are on the table.
and now look a fuc*king trick and riddle book in which only 1000 copies were made. it's amazes me how a long time fan still continue to put up with these jerks. ahhh well at least when i die of melvins induced crazyness i will be assured i own everything that has the word melvins on it.

and i don't have the riddle book........yet. actually what am i saying i gonna boycott em ](*,)

settle down big boy,   don't get too excited.   it's not like your missing some great literature with this book.  basically it's a little stapled together booklet full of artwork.  I certainly wouldn't call it the end-all story of MELVINS.   a novelty at best,  but a pretty damn cool novelty.
and don't let those "jerks" take you hook, line and sinker on the whole "owning neither here nor there" thing.  I take that as a mere joke to bait folks into purchasing it.  MELVINS WILL mess with you, it comes with the territory so have fun with it.

Cranial Bifida

glen

Chief Ten Beers

At first when it was sold on the fall '04 tour, you had to purchase it with the H.A.T. CD for around $20. I was thinking "you motherfuckers, I'm not buying the CD again!"; I wanted this neat little book, but couldn't justify buying the CD again. After the tour, they were nice enough to sell it for $8 by itself. The band shots w/ the bearded Kevin are priceless.

anaconda

In case you haven't tried the search feature on the site, here's some pics of it:

http://www.themelvins.net/discography/special/trickandriddle/index.shtml

rhett E rock

i got it.  somehow i expected it to come with answerless riddles.  it's a nice little piece to have.  not that your more or less of a fan for having it. 

Cranial Bifida

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 06, 2006, 06:39:34 PM
At first when it was sold on the fall '04 tour, you had to purchase it with the H.A.T. CD for around $20. I was thinking "you motherfuckers, I'm not buying the CD again!"; I wanted this neat little book, but couldn't justify buying the CD again. After the tour, they were nice enough to sell it for $8 by itself. The band shots w/ the bearded Kevin are priceless.

oh how i know that feeling. all those pretty colors and the pic's jumping out at you, i meen how could you not (put one in your pocket) ;)

i saw them at the showbox during this tour but remember seeing no book. bought the shirt with the 3 donkeys on it though.

sorry glen...

Vcavallo

it is filled with photographs of automobile accidents.  it made me want to call up everyone i love and tell them to stop driving.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo