Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: jonE5 on August 01, 2010, 11:36:40 AM
Nice paintings mang... and I must commend you on such an awesome first name! Do you sustain yourself on mostly art? I've only got a few friends that have managed to accomplish that.

Thanks man,
Art don't pay all the bills yet, but I sell pieces often enough. I also do commision work if anyone happens to be interested
Most of the time I sell antiques & collectibles... http://www.etsy.com/shop/jzs71

Dr. Sphincter

Nothing really out of the ordinary, but it does the job for me.

FartLips

was digging around and found this bit of schwag.

front

back
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

DCGod

Nice, I love everything about Stag. :love:

BorisLort

hello everyone, my name is boris, and this is my first post. Thought I'd start in this thread. I have the smallest physical Melvins collection ever. It consists of a Houdini CD, and Singles 1-12 in a limited edition of 50. My sister got it for me at the last Spaceland show in January.

Got a funny message from Jared too.

Kinda cool, but not really a collection. Us youngsters don't have any money.

jonE5

Stonergrunge

This is my entire Melvins CDs collection, please pay no attention to the other non Melvins related discs since this was a bigger photo of my entire CDs collection. Other items that doesn't appear here are the Pigs Of The Roman Empire 2LP, the Foaming/Arnie 7 inch, the Deep Six compilation CD and two DVDs (Salad of a Thousand Delights and the Fant
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

perzo)))

at least you have the only 3 metallica albums worth a fuck.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

jules

Baacard0

I lurk this board a lot. Might join in with the posting.
It's really awesome seeing everyone's collections!

I'll probably never have as much as most people here. I have almost all the albums on CD, both DVDs and the Neither Here Nor There book (I'm missing a few AmRep CDs - Singles, Minneapolis, Fucker Club).
Just managed to get one of those amazing looking box sets from AmRep + my third Bride LP (Mackie, Junko, Dalek). Also managed to find somewhere to order the Senile Animal 4LP. So I'm eagerly awaiting some Melvins deliveries!
Also have a couple of T shirts (Houdini & the golden eagle one) and a ticket signed by Buzz (...and Adam Jones because he just happened to be there). Oh, and I've got a couple posters too - A Senile Animal and Nude With Boots. Ordered some Melvins stuff from Southern Records and asked if they had any promo stuff they could send for free - ended up getting sent a load of promo albums and posters for some of my fav bands!

I would post pics, but I'm at uni and most of my stuff is at home.
I imagine this post is rather boring without pictures...

jules

Quote from: Baacard0 on March 24, 2011, 08:44:13 AM
(I'm missing a few AmRep CDs - Singles, Minneapolis, Fucker Club).
Hello. You'll get the AmRep CDs you need soon enough; there'll be a box set of this stuff around later in the year.

TOOL

There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

Baacard0

Quote from: jules on March 24, 2011, 08:47:52 AM
Hello. You'll get the AmRep CDs you need soon enough; there'll be a box set of this stuff around later in the year.

Excellent! I think I read about that somewhere a while back, I just wasn't sure if it was officially announced or going ahead.
Ideally I'd still like to get the original ones too though.

EvilNewWarGod

Quote from: Baacard0 on March 24, 2011, 10:05:29 AM

Excellent! I think I read about that somewhere a while back, I just wasn't sure if it was officially announced or going ahead.

Just noticed this was listed on ebay. What makes this box set so special other than the nifty packaing?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVINS-13-cd-box-set-rare-OOP-Jesus-Lizard-OM-BORIS-/180642357842?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a0f1fa252#ht_548wt_1067
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

jonE5

Quote from: EvilNewWarGod on March 28, 2011, 09:44:16 PM
Quote from: Baacard0 on March 24, 2011, 10:05:29 AM

Just noticed this was listed on ebay. What makes this box set so special other than the nifty packaing?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVINS-13-cd-box-set-rare-OOP-Jesus-Lizard-OM-BORIS-/180642357842?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a0f1fa252#ht_548wt_1067

The long awaited, limited edition Melvin's box set is here . It has been in the works for over three years and now it will FINALLY be available to the public.

This box set is a limited edition of 222. It has been letterpress printed on an antique press from the 1890s. The press is powered by a treadle and fed by hand. Each individual CD package has gone through the press from four to eight times.

-And that was Buzzo and his Wife Mackie hand making these for the last few years..

It's more of a work of art than "a bunch of CD's"