Colossus of Destiny

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2003, 10:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

___-----_____------_____

I'd love to see some more COD related official releases, as I've stated before COD is easily my favorite melvins disc, it coincides with my musical direction in the last 5 years or so.

On a side note, I'm desperately awaiting Acid Mothers Temple (Sept. 23)  has anyone caught this tour?
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

TGH

Quote from: FantomastroThis must have been a hell of a concert. Yeah, a second part of COD would be fine. Or better, a more controlled noise concert. I don't know...someting like the beginning of the fool, the meddling idiot or goggles...more melodic. You know what I mean?

I just know I need to build a time machine so I can see COD live.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Dr Geek

Quote from: rhett E rockthe drumbeat sounds almost identical.

Oh, I didn't notice the drumbeats, I was just thinking of the melody.

brian

Quote from: ___-----_____------_____I'd love to see some more COD related official releases, as I've stated before COD is easily my favorite melvins disc, it coincides with my musical direction in the last 5 years or so.

On a side note, I'm desperately awaiting Acid Mothers Temple (Sept. 23)  has anyone caught this tour?

I'll be seeing them on the 24th in the twin cities, cannot wait.  Unfortunately I won't be able to see mono up there, another japanese band I enjoy.

klump

how did they do it?
nausea has never been so nice.

abstract?
I dont think so, there is something there that holds the focus.
but deconstructed it is.

noise jazz?

glen

klump...   this subject was inevitable. I'm glad you stepped up to plate and started this off.

when I purchased COLLOSSUS I had no idea it was a "noise" record, so to speak. I knew it was recorded live but I didn't know exactly what it was.  so I pop it in and start listening and in the back of my mind I am waiting for it to break into a song.  by 3/4 through I realize what exactly is going on here.  I start believing there will be no song and what I am hearing is what I am getting.  was I surprised?  no.  was I dissapointed? no.  I actually thought it was pretty damn sweet.       so then when it "constructed" itself into eye flys and I picked up the bass line the goosebumps started.   this thing turns into the NASTIEST version of flys ever recorded.   MIND WRENCHING.  this album most definetly flows.
how do they do it?    mine is not to ask how.  mine is simply to purchase and put to use.
but the bottom line is if you don't get MELVINS, you probably won't get this disc.
and I kinda like that.  do you really want the masses/general public taking over our MELVINS?
I, for one, do not.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

klump

it makes my temples tingle.
not to mention tinkle.

"my nipples are bursting with desire!"

___-----_____------_____

COD is all about the ride.  The kind that makes you shed a tear when you finally reach the destination, thus the conclusion of thhe album.  There are so many parts that have gotten caught in my head.
I love COD, I'd like another one:  COD2
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

Joe Deutrom

I like it. And I am sure they had fun creating it too. I think the the COD version of Eye Flys is the best version of that song ever performed by them thus far. It rivals the Gluey Porch Treatments  studio version.

dr.ghira

Reverend Ebeneezer

It's enjoyable in the same way that Iron Maiden are enjoyable - on a semi-annual basis. Mmm Hm.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

klump

"stop fucking me youre giving me a headache!"

BlueBob

I think COD is a very important album in the melvins catalog.

Shanghai Satellite

I'm sure we will be seeing plenty more COD/noise/Anti - Vermin Seed type stuff from melvins in the future. They constantly kill with their Ipecac releases.

EGO the Living Planet

COD rules. I never understood why so many people don't seem to "get" it.

Prick, too.