(A) Senile Animal

Started by blag jesus himself, August 29, 2006, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Leeech

hells no I'm not lol.
But as a whole, NEVER BREATHE owns it.

Galvano

Quote from: Uncle Fester on November 14, 2006, 04:11:52 PM
"A History Of Bad Men" comes dangerously close to plagiarizing "Night Goat,"

I thought it sounded more like "the man with the laughing hand is dead"... in fact the riff IS "the man with the laughing hand is dead".
sorry if this little thing has been discussed... i didnt bother to read all 15 pages of this thread.

Something I did for fun:

http://download.yousendit.com/D102485671D4D0F3

Vcavallo

Quote from: Greven on December 05, 2006, 12:41:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on November 14, 2006, 04:11:52 PM
"A History Of Bad Men" comes dangerously close to plagiarizing "Night Goat,"

I thought it sounded more like "the man with the laughing hand is dead"... in fact the riff IS "the man with the laughing hand is dead".
sorry if this little thing has been discussed... i didnt bother to read all 15 pages of this thread.

Something I did for fun:

http://download.yousendit.com/D102485671D4D0F3

hey grev, this is awesome! thanks!

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

norecess

Quote from: Greven on December 05, 2006, 12:41:30 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on November 14, 2006, 04:11:52 PM
"A History Of Bad Men" comes dangerously close to plagiarizing "Night Goat,"

I thought it sounded more like "the man with the laughing hand is dead"... in fact the riff IS "the man with the laughing hand is dead".
sorry if this little thing has been discussed... i didnt bother to read all 15 pages of this thread.

Something I did for fun:

http://download.yousendit.com/D102485671D4D0F3

Cool stuff! Thanks.

anaconda

I agree it was almost as odd as
my song with Dale's drum tracks from Cow

MailOrderBride

not exactly the most eloquent guy. no wonder his lyrics are nonsense. i do have to agree civilized worm is the best, and maybe one of the best melvins songs ever.

Mad Arab

It seems that this album has generated more positive press than any of their other albums, I wonder what the sales figures are so far? Maybe it will outsell Houdini (studio).

klump

Quote from: Joe Deutrom II on December 19, 2006, 03:21:11 PM
It seems that this album has generated more positive press than any of their other albums, I wonder what the sales figures are so far? Maybe it will outsell Houdini (studio).

I think its selling good since its on the billboard list

Mad Arab

Quote from: klump on December 19, 2006, 04:11:36 PM
Quote from: Joe Deutrom II on December 19, 2006, 03:21:11 PM
It seems that this album has generated more positive press than any of their other albums, I wonder what the sales figures are so far? Maybe it will outsell Houdini (studio).

I think its selling good since its on the billboard list

Really!!?? What number is it at? They certainly deserve it.

FartLips

you know, this album is still really good.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

mopafeena

Quote from: FART LIPS on December 20, 2006, 01:42:49 AM
you know, this album is still really good.

yep.

It sounds really cool through headphones too. Nicely mixed.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

FartLips

Quote from: mopafeena on December 20, 2006, 02:50:41 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on December 20, 2006, 01:42:49 AM
you know, this album is still really good.

yep.

It sounds really cool through headphones too. Nicely mixed.
i still wonder about the heavy noise gate used on the drums. it sounds like the air is sucked out of the room whenever they stop playing.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Mad Arab

Quote from: FART LIPS on December 20, 2006, 01:42:49 AM
you know, this album is still really good.

I agree. I have been listening to it quite a bit lately. I have to try it through headphones rather than blasting it on the stereo now to experience the finer nuances.

Galvano

Quote from: FART LIPS on December 20, 2006, 07:52:50 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on December 20, 2006, 02:50:41 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on December 20, 2006, 01:42:49 AM
you know, this album is still really good.

yep.

It sounds really cool through headphones too. Nicely mixed.
i still wonder about the heavy noise gate used on the drums. it sounds like the air is sucked out of the room whenever they stop playing.

You and me both.
I think it's sloppy.

FartLips

i've never thought that the melvins have put the quality of sound ahead of expediency when it comes to their records. i wish they'd get the chance to stay in the studio for a good length of time to really get the most out of what they do.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: