What is your least favorite thing the Melvins have done?

Started by Jaron, February 03, 2008, 10:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grays harbor mafia

"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

dijk cheese

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on February 06, 2008, 01:49:34 AM
The Joe Preston EP

man really, hands first flower is brilliant
but, i 've noticed that i seem to dig drone more than the average man

nothing short of beautiful

as i mentioned on the tool influence thread... the big melvins material
thats the only gripe i can think of at the moment,
it's a pity for me thats the phase their in at the moment

as you were

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

anaconda

Dale's solo EP is the best, then Joe's, then Buzz's IMHO

Dranas

At first I did not like the whole Nike thing but would now love a pair of the black ones in size 13. 

dijk cheese

Quote from: anaconda on February 09, 2008, 10:29:17 AM
Dale's solo EP is the best, then Joe's, then Buzz's IMHO

yeah i'm into dales ep, always seem to play it again at least once when it gets a chance

especially respite
it gives me tingles,
i love the way it grows from the original haunting chords,
....can't get enough of that tone on his guitar
and the lyrics are quite gripping
dyknow who or what there reffering to?

"you almost scared me today ..."
and so on

4 songs is not enough
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

Andy

I'd have to say Prick, just based on the fact that I hardly ever listen to it. I still enjoy it though. I am a fan of everything they've done really.
As far as I know. That Slims 8-track could be a real piece of shit!
For your health!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Andy on February 10, 2008, 03:17:29 PM
I'd have to say Prick, just based on the fact that I hardly ever listen to it. I still enjoy it though. I am a fan of everything they've done really.
As far as I know. That Slims 8-track could be a real piece of shit!
You might want to download it
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

HogLegged

I would have to say "Colossus of Destiny". I couldn't make it through the whole CD one time, and honestly I felt kind of ripped off afterwards. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, I don't know.

the bloat

QuoteI would have to say "Colossus of Destiny". I couldn't make it through the whole CD one time, and honestly I felt kind of ripped off afterwards. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, I don't know.

Unfortunately you are going to take a lot of crap for saying that. It's probably the most controversial Melvins record in that some people really feel strongly about it and find it an amazing and inventive body or work. Personally, I could take it or leave it. It sits on the shelf and gathers dust alongside Prick, The Fantomas collaboration and the Mangled Demos - I'm just rarely in the mood for these ones.

dead mike

prick = greatest jazz-art-noise-sludge-doom-math-prog album EVAAAR!

my least favorite thing the melvins have ever done is fire kevin rutmanis. but they quickly redeemed themselves by hiring jared and coady.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

cheeseburger

Quote from: dead mike on March 05, 2008, 07:07:32 PM

my least favorite thing the melvins have ever done is fire kevin rutmanis. but they quickly redeemed themselves by hiring jared and coady.
i'm with ya on that one.

Andy Wood

A couple of months ago I would have said (A)SA and HAT were my least favourite, but I have slowly grown to love them.
I was a big Ozma fan, but ever since hearing the Making Love Demos, it just seems tamer and inferior in comparison.
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

Leroy

My least favorite stuff the Melvins have done is the cd that came with the smash the state 7".   I'm not saying it's terrible, though.

the bloat

Real Fucking Nasty makes it so worth it. And some of the Halo Of Flies stuff is pretty decent IMO. In fact, I prefer that stuff over the Smash the State material in general.

Greasy Statement

i'm pretty fanboyish and have to say that they have an impressive body work and every "speed bump" is often for the greater good and part of the grand experiment that is the melvins. however, i'm really not that into the biafra stuff, mostly because it comes across as them aping the kennedy's as opposed to doing what they do best. that, and like i said before, i'm kind of tired of jello's whole schtick.