The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godflesh

And it's up again. This time on Discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Melvins-A-Senile-Animal/91872929?ev=wh

I think you can get a reasonable deal with this one. This one really should go to a boredie.
--- Heavy user ---

Helen83

edwinmoney

Quote from: Godflesh on March 05, 2013, 01:47:07 AM

I think you can get a reasonable deal with this one. This one really should go to a boredie.
Yep and there it is, shooting for the discogs market :) 

I was able to get a sealed blue one for $120 off someone on discogs just a month or so ago, super pleased with that, the vinyl has seen a needle and I wear the belt buckle, so finally getting use all around!  Great buy.  I've also bought other stuff from him since (that Sunn/Pan sonic split nice and cheap), its great when you find someone worth going back to. 

Yeah if anyone is looking to come close to the asking price of this Orange one I would email him and offer $250-$275, maybe go up to $300.  Personally its a bit much, but then again how do you appraise this when there are so few out there?   Ive never seen the Orange one online before. 

Best of luck to anyone trying to nail this one down!  Go get em!
It never got weird enough for me.

Godflesh

--- Heavy user ---

deatheats

Quote from: edwinmoney on March 05, 2013, 09:20:42 AM

I was able to get a sealed blue one for $120 off someone on discogs just a month or so ago, super pleased with that, the vinyl has seen a needle and I wear the belt buckle, so finally getting use all around!  Great buy.  I've also bought other stuff from him since (that Sunn/Pan sonic split nice and cheap), its great when you find someone worth going back to. 

Yeah if anyone is looking to come close to the asking price of this Orange one I would email him and offer $250-$275, maybe go up to $300.  Personally its a bit much, but then again how do you appraise this when there are so few out there?   Ive never seen the Orange one online before. 

Now it's back on ebay with a starting bid of $199 and a buyout of $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melvins-A-Senile-Animal-Vinyl-LP-Box-Set-Orange-Colored-Numbered-35-SEALED-ISIS-/111024323721?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19d990bc89

Yanayaya

Quote from: deatheats on March 06, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
Quote from: edwinmoney on March 05, 2013, 09:20:42 AM

Now it's back on ebay with a starting bid of $199 and a buyout of $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melvins-A-Senile-Animal-Vinyl-LP-Box-Set-Orange-Colored-Numbered-35-SEALED-ISIS-/111024323721?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19d990bc89

This Orange box is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.  The chance of finding another is slim to none.  The seller did NOT buy it first hand from Vacation Vinyl here in L.A. however.  My concern would be the storage for the last six years.  If the box was stored flat for any length of time, the wax could be warped. Not to mention the climate exposure during shipment. I don't believe this to be the case here, but it is very easy to shrink wrap a used LP. 

On high-end items, I prefer "Still in Shrink." This means, carefully opened and at very least examined.  We all know that quality control varies from pressing plant to pressing plant.  The advantage to this copy is that it's pressed on black wax.  Any flaws could be seen under halogen light.  Coloured vinyl and (especially) picture-discs, not so much.  I really had to ask myself, "am I willing to buy a grab bag for $250-300 when I already have a nice blue box that I am very pleased with?!!"  My sincere wish is that a true Melvins fan, gets the box, opens it, and the contents are flawless.  That they play it from time to time and carefully preserve it.
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Yanayaya

Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on February 13, 2013, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 03, 2013, 07:12:02 PM
Here's your chance, if you missed it:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hepa-Titus-Follow-Me-LP-Melvins-sugar-daddy-mudhoney-Haze-XXL-84-of-200-/221185763954?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item337fb2ea72

Unfortunately, I only bought one for myself and one for another boardie...

Looking for the Hepa-Titus LP, anyone have an extra?  I just listened to the MP3 album, I NEED THIS ON VINYL!!!! I was at the store, had the thing in my cart and by the time I paid it was sold out...

Did you just email me on Discogs?

I would be interested to know how the Bandcamp version on black wax sounds.  Perhaps this is off-topic, but I have had to learn that the generation buying vinyl these days were raised on CDs and MP3s.  The normal artifact of wax (which varies from pressing plants and quality of the vinyl) sounds like it shouldn't be there to them.  This is also true for myself because I listen to MP3s on my iPhone so much.  I have to get used to the artifact when I switch back to my beloved wax.  Case in point, the coloured wax version of Follow Me LP. I was willing to believe that it was just me, perhaps adjusting to wax again.  Not so.  Not only did the two copies I bought, but now several others have told me that their's also have a lot more than average artifact.

When all is said and done, I still prefer the sound and, especially the experience of wax.

(((O)))

Quote from: Yanayaya on March 07, 2013, 10:53:43 AM
The normal artifact of wax sounds like it shouldn't be there to them.
That's very interesting to reflect upon actually. I guess we are all conditioned to a greater or lesser degree by the things we tend to surround ourselves by. The commonplace of audio "correctness".

macleodish

any one selling any letterpress cds without the insane ebay prices attached ?

DeeSonyaChin

Quote from: Yanayaya on March 07, 2013, 10:53:43 AM
I would be interested to know how the Bandcamp version on black wax sounds. .....

When all is said and done, I still prefer the sound and, especially the experience of wax.

Me too! and Me too!  I grew up with records and tapes, learned to listen to CDs, got used to the clarity.  About 6 months ago I spun a vinyl copy of Bulls and the Bees and was blown away!  For me, the tone of the bass guitar and the pop of the snare drum sound completely different on wax.... then Dan Halen turned me on to the 1983 vinyl (at cost no less DAN RULES) im now completely and shamelessly hooked again!

Yanayaya

Good!!  It was very traumatic for me when CDs first arrived.  I can remember clearly listening to the first CD issue of NY Dolls Too Much Too Soon.  It was absolutely robotic sounding!!  Of course great strides were made with CDs over the years.  I've never gotten over the fact that they were so small however.  Any inserts were just pathetic. What happened to the ART of record-making??!!  Not to mention the thrill of carefully opening the slit to keep the shrink, delicately removing the wax from the paper to prevent any scuffs, cleaning the wax to remove any residue, firing up the deck, and finally the needle hits, and BOOM!!  Those first notes, that perhaps you haven't ever heard before!!  It's like heroin!!! No MP3s or streaming were available.  Most of the stuff I've listened to, from a very young age, were deemed "unsuitable for radio."  So part of the experience has been lost forever.  I, quite often, get at least a Soundcloud preview these days.  I can't resist the temptation to preview.

Mount Ambulance

Hey all, looking at selling my Melvins/Redd Kross NYE 12"

I would like it to go to a good home ... someone one here hopefully ...

Would like to avoid ebay etc. I'm not into dealing with that bidding war bullshit.

That being said ... I am looking to turn a profit ... so it's not at cost ... I am asking what I've found to be the going rate online as of late.

I'm firm on the price and not into haggling ...

Shipping extra ...

PM me with inquiries ...

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

TosT

ok, so i have a few sugar daddies for trade or cheap sale to boardies. if anyone doesn't already have them all that is.

the clear plastic sleeves are split on all of them to varying degrees on 1-2 sides (out of the 7 sugar daddies i got only one isn't split, damn plastic, or Canadian weather, i don't know)

got the 2 tour-only clears on the tour (#5 Midwest Hardcore + #6 Butthole Surfers), then got the splatter version of the Surfers split online a while ago, because it's prettier (apparently i have more money than sense, but not much),
so, since i'm not a total completist, i'll trade or sell the clear version of the Surfers split cheap

also recently ordered the Midwest Hardcore split from amrep on what i thought was splatter, but received another clear tour-only version in the mail instead.... #$%@. with the cost of shipping at $15+ a return is senseless for a $25 (+$10 post) item, so one of these clears has to go!

also have an extra Fucked Up split from earlier order, from clicking/ordering too fast. it's been a wasteful damn couple months.

for trades i don't have vol.1-4, and many others

SUMMARY:
#5 Midwest Hardcore split clear tour-only - unplayed
#6 Butthole Surfers split clear tour-only - played once (UPDATE - TRADED)
#8 Fucked Up split - unplayed
trade. buy. paypal. PM me