Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

The End didn't. I don't think....hmm. I can't ever believe they released that I didn't see it as a big big deal. Hell, I only listened to it once.

z

a ltd. ed. of 500 vinyl release is different than a cd box set being released in the same manner

anaconda

the once is that Nick P said the melvins have only wronged him once,
so i was inquiring to him as to which release he was citing as the once
that he was wronged by the melvins

I am the Sun

Quote from: anaconda on April 04, 2008, 10:44:49 PM
what was the once?

The once was the FantoMelvins Big Band release. I love Fantomas, I love Melvins and I'd imagine the two would be great together, if recorded in a studio or with a decent live recording setup. Usually I'm not one to bitch about raw/unpolished recording quality (as my taste for punk,grindcore, and black metal would show) but with 2 bands that have a wide range of dynamics (not to mention a lot of heaviness) coming together in one place ,extra attention to detail is needed to make each sound discernable. I think that release is too unpolished sounding. (and not in the awesome Flipper or Mainliner way).

anaconda

It was kind of weak. More like Patton imposing himself on something
instead of just easing up and letting them do their thing on the melvins
tunes.

black stallion

Quote from: Idlehanz on April 05, 2008, 12:13:57 AM

"We're going to try and do some stuff with our very first drummer [Mike Dillard]," Osborne says. I don't know what -- we're still trying to figure out what we'll do. He's going to come down here, and we're going to do some things with Crover playing bass, and him playing drums. Maybe we can get him out touring, but he's more of a family man than a 'rock and roll touring musician.' I don't know how many shows we'll be able to do with him, but I'm really looking forward to that."[/b]

:shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

thats pretty amazing. how could he not do it. dill' we're counting on you 'family man'

norecess

Ha, that's be totally awesome! How many shows did Dillard play with them? It was mostly jamming when he was in the band, right? They should play "Walter", I love that song.

black stallion

this thing about Dillard in my opinion is one of the most clear example of  how great and genuine the melvins attitude is...especially thinking to their twenty and more year career :D
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Mad Arab

Maybe an old school punk ep that harkens to their earlier days? Mangled Demo's is a pretty sweet album. I was impressed with Dillards punk style drumming.

ManWithNoName

Quote from: bedlam_easy on April 05, 2008, 12:22:17 AM
500 is not enough..   those are gonna sell out so quickly

If they're sold exclusively on tour I'm going to cry like a baby.

rimb

That's going to be one very expensive compilation CD in that Ipecac box set for those that have all the other releases already...

Jaron

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me, too, man. Me, too. We can cry together. How's that? I'm over on the East Coast and I never even had a snowballs chance in Hell at getting that tote bag they came out with. Sucky thing is though, I was actually needing a tote bag. And those West Coast bastards took em all!!

FartLips

Quote from: Jaron on April 05, 2008, 12:34:11 PM

[/quote]

Me, too, man. Me, too. We can cry together. How's that? I'm over on the East Coast and I never even had a snowballs chance in Hell at getting that tote bag they came out with. Sucky thing is though, I was actually needing a tote bag. And those West Coast bastards took em all!!
[/quote]judging by what i read about the last couple of tours, they really don't have room to carry all of their merch, so they usually have it mailed somewhere in the middle of the tour. that was the case last year when they got to the south.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

bathroom creep

These are some nice plans for the year. I might even see the Melvins again in fall. (!!!)

I also hope they won't sell the box sets on the US tour because then there would be no chance for me to get one..
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!